Regional Transportation District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regional Transportation District Interview Questions

3.1

Bus Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regional Transportation District (Denver, CO).

Interview

Took about a month from the time I applied to hear back about an interview. The interview was a group interview with about 10 people total. The process was divided into 3 parts. (1) Personal introduction like an ice breaker exercise (2) Map Reading Skills Test (3) Final paperwork for background check and scheduling for drug test and orientation if chosen to move forward with the process.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Regional Transportation District (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted about two weeks after closing in order to come in and take a test. Passed it. A week later I got the call for a panel interview. Consisted of eight behavioral based questions from your past - fairly standard especially if you review what theyre looking for. Afterwards I had to give a presentation. In its entirety the interview process took about a month.

Web Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regional Transportation District (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online after finding it through a local job board. A couple of weeks later I was sent an email with more details and next steps. It turns out the position was a short-term contract job, which wasn't mentioned in the original ad. The email also included an invitation to take a 2 hour 30 minute onsite skills test the following week. Candidates who passed the test would be notified after a few more weeks and called in to interview. I did more research on this company and found out some alarming things so decided not to pursue this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take a 2 1/2 hour-long skills test?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Regional Transportation District (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The position applied for was following my internship, the position was not entirely aligned with my skills or education. The interview was entirely behavior related and not technical. This created an environment where, though behavioral attributes are vital, they did not represent the ability to do the job in addition. Behavior is important, but the agency already knew me of the last 12 months, so these general questions were already answered during the internship.

Interview Questions

• When presented with a pros and cons related choice, describe a time where you did not take action, and why?   1 Answer

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regional Transportation District (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was easy. It was conducted by a panel of 3 interviewers. The questions were mostly about my past experiences and situation based. On the whole the interview was good.I was made comfortable and was not asked any tricky questions. I applied through the website and the interview was conducted in person.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your past work experiences?
      What would you do in a certain type of situation?
      Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Regional Transportation District.

Interview

One interview with a group of managers. Must complete drug test before considered for position. There is also a background check. The entire hiring process took about a month to complete.

Interview Questions

• There really was no unexpected or difficult questions. One needs to take some time to think before answering the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick and easy: I liked the offer and started the job as soon as I could

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Regional Transportation District (Denver, CO).

Interview

Took several months. Company usually picks a person for a position and then goes thru the hiring process to create an image of fairness. Hiring manager repeatedly tried to force me to go out drinking with her after work and stated in front of witnesses that I wouldn't get the job if I didn't comply. I had to finally file an EEO complaint.

Interview Questions

• See above. I just sleepwalked thru the interview and can't even remember the questions.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Regional Transportation District (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

A pretend interview. Person was already chosen. Large group did this little dance and put on a show to give the impression that process was fare. Everybody knew it was just a waste of time and that the outcome was already predetermined. Employees who were not selected were afraid of retaliation if they spoke out about the problems. HR was notified but their answer was to forget about what happened.

Interview Questions

• Might as well have been what is your favorite color or what type of tree would you like to be. No real questions because they already knew who was picked.   Answer Question

Maintenance of Way Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Regional Transportation District (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied for the job and then took a job specific test downtown Denver. After passing the test was called for an interview with division manager and Human Resources representative. After the interview I waited for 2 weeks to be notified of result after testing and interviewing was completed. This was my 6th attempt, they just did not want me I guess.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a conflict with an employee?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regional Transportation District (Denver, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

Questions had nothing to do with job, was kept waiting for the interviewer, not well versed in customer service standards. Had to wait for the second interview which was an in person at the main office. Parking was a problem at this site because it is located on a side street. I was taken into an office on the 2nd floor for the testing which consisted on typing, math and software.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate, set pay, benefits with rotating days off during the week and weekend