Regis University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Regis University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regis University.

Interview

Very easy. Three step process with a group interview at the end. Questions were simple and easy to answer. I have nothing else to add here. I really don't. I think it went well. Not difficult at all. Everything was fine. Again, I have nothing else to add.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working at a Jesuit university?   1 Answer

Education Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Regis University.

Interview

The interview process is that they will ask your years of experience and ask for your CV and cover letter, while looking at your writing ability. The other process is looking at publications and presentations that have been completed by the interviewee.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Regis University (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I saw this position posted on HigherEdJobs.com and decided to submit an application. I received an email with follow up questions (more of a screening process). The next week I received a call for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was selected to attend an on-campus interview. Lastly, I was asked back for a second campus interview. Both campus interviews involved various directors within the admissions department.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate students to see if they are good fit for our school?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Regis University (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

About 3 weeks after applying, I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was more conversational than a set of questions. Looking for someone that can meet deadlines, has clear communication, a level of professionalism, multitasking, staying focused on a wide variety of tasks, and keeps in touch regularly.

About a week later, I had an in-person interview and met with 3 people (panel). Everyone was very positive and pleasant. It seemed like a very wonderful work environment. There were some employees who had worked there for years (15 years) and then more new-comers. Again, more conversational, rather than asking specific questions. They mentioned after 6 months, you are eligible to take classes.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience using social media? Do you feel comfortable working in an open work environment? Can you talk about your specific degree? Questions regarding things very early in career (5+ years ago). What is your biggest fear about this position? How do you feel about keeping us up-to-date?   Answer Question

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Regis University (Boulder, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

The first stage of the screening was a video interview. This was a one way interview where a moderator asked you a series of questions and you had 2 minutes to reply to the screen. Found this very unhelpful, even a phone screen would have allowed for some questions on my part.

Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Regis University (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

not very hard technical questions, both senior and director are very nice and open to talk. I dont have much experiences with technology they implemented but they are ok with learning.

Academic Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regis University (Denver, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for Academic Technology Specialist and Academic Technician. I interviewed twice with the hiring manager and the coordinator. The interview was relatively casual, asking about my background and why I wanted the position. I was asked about experience with deployment and experience with audio visual troubleshooting. I was also asked about my schedule availability.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Regis University.

Interview

I was interviewed by my boss and by the two women I would be working with. All three women asked the same questions: why I wanted to work for the university, why I was interested in the particular position, an experience in a previous position where I faced a challenging situation dealing with peer/boss/customer and how I handled it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my start date.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regis University (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied to the position posted on their website and was contacted within two weeks by the hiring manager. First, we scheduled a phone interview, which lasted about 45 minutes to an hour and then one week later an in-person interview. I wore a nice professional looking sweater, slacks and flats which seemed appropriate. At the in-person interview, parking was free and I had to walk less than 10 minutes from my car to the building. It was easy to find my way around the campus. I met first individually with the hiring manager and then in a small group of four people. They were all professional, but also quite friendly with me and with each other, which felt very nice. They took turns asking questions, which were fairly standard, mostly about my previous experiences in various academic settings. Nothing was odd, tricky or unexpected. The interview lasted a bit over an hour and I left with a good impression that they were really doing their best to hire someone who was a good match for the job. Less than a week later, the hiring manager called me and offered me the position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked a bit about my very early career foundations. I had to think back.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is really possible as they had a set, posted salary for this position.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Regis University (Denver, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

Highly unusual process where you interact with other candidates through an assessment. Included a topical presentation, assessment of peer dynamics, creative exercises, team problem-solving activities, a lengthy exercise on Jesuit values, essays, and multiple interviews. Interviews skewed to religious foundation more than academic qualifications.

Interview Questions

Organizational culture appeared dysfunctional.