Registrar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Registrar Interview Questions

Interviews at Registrar

2.3

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Registrar in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I had a Skype interview were I initially spoke with my recruiter. I was asked HR questions and some behavioral questions. I was given a coding test with language of my choosing.
    The second part of the interview was Technical based, were I met with the IT Dept Head. I was asked questions on my resume and certain technical questions. I was also presented with scenario based questions and about the certifications which I had.
    Overall the experience was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Registrar in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on December 2017. The first step was a questionnaire consisting of simple questions on my areas of interest and background. Registrar got back to me with a interview request two weeks after this initial questionnaire. The interview was conducted on Skype with the head of HR, IT Manager and one of the Vice Presidents. The interview lasted for a little more than an hour and consisted of a 15 min technical test (Programming and SQL ). The interview was a positive experience . The interviewers were meticulous in trying to understand my technical abilities and my decision making abilities. The interviewers very respectful unlike some of the other interviews I had been in.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand about MVC and Hibernate Frameworks ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Registrar (Hampton, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

After putting in my online application, I was contacted by HR to send my writing samples along with my college transcripts. After completing that, I was asked to come in for an interview. My interview process began with a in office interview with HR which was a get to know you type interview discussing my likes and dislikes, along with discussion of my resume. We discussed work day lifestyle in the department that I would be working in. After leaving the interview I was informed that I would meet with the manager via a video interview. The video interview was very informative on the day to day tasks in the department and how very different it was from my current job. We discussed working hours and flexibility which was expected. After a few weeks, I met with the director of the department and one of the Vice Presidents this was to familiarize myself with their duties and responsibilities in the company. After the meeting with them, I was asked for my references and was sent an offer the week after!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Registrar (Hampton, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out online app, received 2 emails because they were really interested in me. 1st Person was from HR basic questions asked. 2nd person - very young, asked questions but was annoyed when I asked about training. 3rd person - manager, question my religions heritage and preferences based on my last name.

Interview Questions

• I see your last name is Jewish???   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Registrar (Hampton, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two days after my application was submitted on Indeed, I received an email from the HR representative from the company stating: they were interested in an interview but before an interview was scheduled, I was required to send the company a copy of my college transcripts and a sample of college level writing. Soon after I replied to the email, I received a brief phone call from the representative with the time of the interview. I was sent a confirmation email the names of the two people I would be interviewing with that day. The interview was broken into three parts among four employees: the background review with the HR representative and the supervisor of the department; the technical questions with an actual employee and the team leader (whose names were not mentioned in the interview information email) so the employees can determine if you would be a good fit for their team; and additional questions and debrief with the HR representative (it was at this point that I was told that the company discourages hiring people considering graduate school or treating them as a stepping stone in an employee's career). I was informed that an unanimous approval from all interviewers was necessary for an offer to be given.
    All thank you notes were to be sent to the HR representative (the other employees refused to give contact information and referred me to the HR representative). A rejection email was sent via email a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were criticized by your supervisor during a project: what was it and how did you use their criticism to improve to complete the project?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself in as few sentences as possible.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that communication broke down at your workplace and you had to take action. What was it and how did you rise to the occasion?   Answer Question
    • Are you considering graduate school? If so, what programs and when? Would you work full or part time in grad school?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever peer-reviewed papers? If so, when and what subject areas?   Answer Question
    • How open are you to accepting criticism? A lot of what this job entails is to undergo constructive criticism in a tight time frame.   Answer Question
    • Name times and classes that you wrote extensive papers? How frequent was that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Registrar (Hampton, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming and broken up into three separate interviews. I was interviewed first by the hiring manager, then by two future co workers, and finally by the manager of the branch that I applied to. This is purely a research job, with little social interaction.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Registrar (Hampton, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume on indeed and received a call a week later. I came into the office for my interview where I was greeted by the receptionist. I interviewed with two managers for two different positions. The interview was fairly easy asked the typical interview questions.

Software Sales & Support Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Registrar (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2018.

Interview

1st interview via Skype with HR person. A month later, I was invited to office for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th interviews with the 2 founders and what I think was a Product Manager for a total of 3 hours of 3 consecutive interviews (one of the founders spent all of 2 minutes talking to me so I am not sure it counts as an interview). A few hours after leaving the office, I was called by the HR person for a phone interview with a director for a different position as a phone sales grunt. After a few weeks of scheduling issues, I did have a phone interview with the director who was traveling overseas. At this point, I had no feedback as to whether or not I was still being considered for the Call Center Manager position for which I had the first 4 interviews (assuming that was what I was actually being considered for in the first place). Nearly a month later, the director invited me for an interview which we did via Skype. My total experience with this company: Over 6 hours in 6 interviews with 5 different people over the course of about 2.5 months - and all for nothing

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Registrar (Mumbai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

it was good had around 3 round of interview and then they told me to sit for a while tghen ceo came i had a tea with him he asked again about myself i answered all his question and he told me to wait out side and the they had discuss and then they told that i am selected in their interview process

Interview Questions

• tell me something about yourself   1 Answer