Reingold Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reingold Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

Communications Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reingold.

Interview

The process took about 2 months. It was a long and rather redundant interview process. I came in for three different interviews and spoke with about seven people total. It was great to meet everyone, but ultimately most of the questions were the same and probably half the people I interviewed with weren't even going to be people I was going to work with. It certainly got old explaining the same answers over and over again. Most of the questions were pretty standard. This was definitely the longest interview process I've had, especially considering it was a lower level job not requiring a clearance or anything like that.
    -HR also mixed up dates as well the position I applied for multiple times throughout the interview process.

Proofreader/Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reingold.

Interview

I applied online and received a proofreading test via e-mail the next day. When I applied online I submitted a cover letter with my resume. The e-mail I received said that if a cover letter was not submitted to submit one when returning the completed test. Since I had already submitted my cover letter I did not resubmit it.

I got a response stating that my cover letter was needed with my test. I replied that I had already submitted it when I applied to the position. The person who I was in contact with realized her mistake and told me to disregard her e-mail.

A week and a half later I got an e-mail stating that they were no longer considering filling the position.

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reingold (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Initially they e-mailed me with interest for a face-to-face interview that included multiple interviews with individual team members and a one-hour writing exam. The interviews practically lasted a partial business day (4 hours). Once I passed the initial round of interviews and writing exam, I was invited back for a second round of interviews and another writing exam, which also lasted 4 hours and concluded with a tour. I sent personalized thank you notes to every individual who interviewed me, not once but twice (for both rounds of interviews). Despite relevant experience for the role(s), writing exams, and cooperation, and patiently waiting an offer after enduring their extensive interview process, I was then informed they did not get the contract for one of the roles, and I wasn't what they were looking for, for the second role. The entire process was more than a month.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your years of industry experience, as it relates to the client and/or projects you would be supporting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reingold (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I was invited to interview on the same day I applied online. The interview was structured in 3 sessions: the first two were actual interviews with two teams of two interviewers each. In my case the discussion was mainly "technical", though the first part tended to focus more on general aspects while the second was more specific. The third part of the interview was a written assignment on an Apple laptop (not very nice if you're used to PCs).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reingold (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, writing samples and cover letter online. Received a phone interview a week or so later by two staff members, followed by a writing test and an in-person interview a week after that. Each interview took 15-30 minutes asking the same basic questions each time. Was a very quick process and very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about past job experience and educational experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reingold (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was asked to come in for an interview. I completed a writing test first and then interview with 3 different people. Interview was fine, writing test was appropriate for the role. But never received any feedback after the interview. I reached out (email and voicemail) to the person who coordinated the interview three times over the course of a month with no replies. I finally contacted one of the people I interviewed with who was responsive but had no info for me. I don't expect much but I do expect a response if I come in for an interview if only to say no thank you. Very unprofessional and guarantees I wouldn't want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Senior Communications Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reingold.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview a week and a half after submitting my application for the position. The company representative emailed me requesting that I respond with my availability for an interview on three dates. She included specific details on the interview - that I would need to be there for two hours, would complete an writing challenge and instructions on where to park. After responding with my availability (and requesting the time off from work since the interview was to be in a few days time) I did not hear back from the company.

Five days later after I sent a follow-up email I received an email from the representative saying that they were still solidifying their schedule for the week (even though my interview was supposed to be in 1-3 days time) and asking me to complete a writing challenge and send it back to her. I completed it the same day and returned it her.

Fast forward two weeks and I have heard nothing back. The position has now changed online and I'm assuming they either filled it or have different needs. I found their approach completely unprofessional and I remain uninterested in employment with this company given their lack of communication and follow-up and basic consideration shown to their applicants.

Interview Questions

• Rewrite the introduction to a company's annual report (writing challenge).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reingold (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received an email a few days later inviting me for an in-person interview. Even though I am not based in the DC area, Reingold did not offer to pay for my transportation costs (which I found tasteless) or offer a Skype interview instead.

I met with 4 members of the Communications team and completed a 1-hour written case study (condense a 6-page research paper into 1 page). Afterwards, the HR lead said the team was thrilled with me and they were prepared to make me an offer after speaking with additional higher-ups over the phone in a few days.

However, just 3 days later, the HR lead emailed me saying the team chose another candidate. She did not reference the fact that she told me Reingold was going to make me an offer. I have never had a company lie to me outright and was stunned at their lack of professionalism.

This was by far the most negative interview experience I've ever had.

Senior Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reingold (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Long. Took two hours but very laid back. Met everyone in my department, got walked through the buildings. They asked me about my current employers, why I wanted a change, why I was qualified. They then ran several scenarios by me to see how I would respond. The interview was very friendly overall and I felt it was more to get to know the kind of person I am.

Interview Questions

• How do you perform under high-stress environments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reingold (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Joint interview by two staff members, very professional but casual and comfortable, conversational. Communications were prompt and efficient, even post interview after not getting the job. Initial interview done by phone with subsequent rounds presumably in person.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused on experience and on specific types of projects and clients of interest in the Reingold portfolio.   Answer Question