Remitly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Remitly Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Remitly.

Interview

Had a call with the Director. He first introduced the Company, the team, and position. I then gave him a rundown of my experiences and why I think I'd be a good fit. Some time at the end for questions.

Really nice guy. I thought the interview went well, but wasn't chosen.

I think the Company has a great mission. Hope they find the right person.

Interview Questions

• How would you verify the integrity/accuracy of a third party vendor that provides personal information of individuals?   Answer Question

May 19, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Hi and thank you for the review! Glad you had a positive experience regardless of the outcome - we really appreciate the time you took and your consideration and interest in Remitly. If there's... More

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Seemed like it would be a cool start up company to be a part of so I wasn't too discouraged when I was told there would be a FIVE hour interview process over the course of one day. Little did I know they would have virtually zero interest in me as a person, which is surprising for a start-up. During one of the hour sets was berated with completely irrelevant questions, one of which was applying economics concepts to a situation they face in their business, which I hadn't been asked to use since college. The interview seemed to be more of a way to weed people out than a genuine effort to get to know a candidate. It was an interview more suited for an engineering applicant and was completely inappropriate for the position. I was not disappointed when they called the next day to tell me they weren't interested. Everyone else seemed very nice but the founder that interviewed seems to just get a kick out of making an applicant feel inadequate, which is typical for an engineering position, but I was no longer interested in working for the company once I sat down with him.

Interview Questions

• What is a creative solution you came up with that was brave & courageous?   Answer Question
    • Two additional questions about examples of creative solutions   Answer Question
    • Additional questions impertinent to the position that are repetitive and unnecessary. There seemed to be zero interest in the content of the candidates answer, only to ask questions.   Answer Question

Oct 14, 2015 – HR

Thank you for the feedback. We are always striving to improve our hiring process at Remitly and appreciate you taking the time to share your interview experience with us. Glassdoor reviews are... More

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Remitly (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process started at 10:00AM and lasted till about 2:30PM. I met 1:1 with 4 different Executives in various departments. Everyone was very friendly and the tone of almost all of the interviews was very conversational. One of the recruiters took me to lunch for a "lunch interview" however, it did not feel like an interview and I felt that he was really trying to get to know me, which showed me that the company wasn't looking for just another body to fill a position. They cared about the personal and professional fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if the group you are working with wants to do something a certain way and you don't necessarily agree with it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Remitly in August 2016.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter. Phone call with hiring manager. In-person loop with several people.

In general, I found the people were nice, interesting and enjoyed the business strategy questions. One of the interviewers in the middle of the loop was weak on soft skills and posed a question that seemed to require very specific, unique knowledge of the company workings. I asked clarifying questions, but he was unable or unwilling to articulate without talking in circles. It was frustrating and swayed me to feeling it was a poor fit. I couldn't politely excuse myself without being super awkward, but I did enjoy the remaining interviewers.

Interview Questions

• If conversion on your mobile app is worse than mobile users to the web site, what would you look at?   1 Answer
    • Why would conversion from mobile users be worse than desktop users on the same web site?   1 Answer

Jun 28, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! I’m glad that you “found the people were nice, interesting and enjoyed the business strategy questions”. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t have a... More

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Remitly (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and on-site interview. The interviewers and recruiter were all very friendly. Phone interview was around 1 hour and the on-site interview was pretty long. The office is located in a nice place and the overall vibe was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Remitly (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted by a HR for a 30 min phone call to get my background and details about my work. After the conversation, the HR person said he'll give me a call back in a couple of dates with updates. I did not receive a call after that even after reminding about the update.

Interview Questions

Remitly Response

Jan 17, 2017 – HR

Apologies that you had a bad interview experience; however, Remitly does not have offices in New York. Best of luck in your job search!

Best,
    Remitly HR Team

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Remitly (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen that was about an hour long, with the time split between behavioral and a technical question. Then there was a full day of 5 onsite interviews(4 Technical + Lunch). Each interview was an hour with half the time for behavioral questions, and the other half for a technical question.

The people were really great, they seemed really interested in getting to know me, and throughout all the technical questions, I felt like I was assumed to be competent, which was very refreshing.

The questions themselves were fairly straightforward especially compared to some nightmare questions I've gotten at Google and Bloomberg.

Interview Questions

• What would your manager describe as your biggest strength? Greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Jun 28, 2017 – CEO

Thanks so much for taking the time to post. I really appreciated your comment “they seemed really interested in getting to know me” – that’s definitely true! And is always the intent of our... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Remitly (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. After submitting an application and cover letter, I was contacted by the recruiting manager for a quick intro interview, which was followed by a 1-hour phone screen that included some questions and a programming problem in a shared text editor.

The last step was five back-to-back one-hour interviews with various individuals and pairs, which involved asking and answering questions and white-boarding some problems. These were followed by another quick chat with the recruiting manager.

I was offered a position the following day and accepted.

Each person I interacted with during my interview process was friendly and knowledgeable. Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• You've been asked to design and implement a nation-wide online voting system. Please describe how you would go about this.   Answer Question

Jun 28, 2017 – CEO

I’m glad that you had a great experience interviewing and that you decided to join Remitly! Welcome! Now that you’re part of the team ... know that I’m always here and open to feedback on things... More

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Remitly (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

3-4 hours flew by! It was 1:1 with 3 different employees. I really enjoyed speaking with my interviewers. Each person had a different style and asked different questions so I did not feel like I had to repeat myself. I learned a great deal about the company and how rewarding it was. Two thumbs up!

Interview Questions

• - Walk me through an average day in your current role.
      - A time I took the lead on a project
      - How do you feel about the start up environment coming from a large corporate company?
      etc...   Answer Question

Jun 28, 2017 – CEO

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. Hope things are going well with you since you joined Team Remitly! Glad you're part of the team.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Remitly (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Really efficient, and enjoyable for a 5 hour loop, I wasn't peppered with the same questions , each interviewer asked thoughtful and deliberate questions, no time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most innovative things you've done, either in your personal life or professionally.   Answer Question

Jun 28, 2017 – CEO

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your feedback! Happy you’re part of the team.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Remitly.

Interview

Pretty sloppy interview process, felt like they were interviewing a high school kid

Even the C level exec interviewed didn't had conviction on how are they different from other money transfer players...it's another me too remitter

Interview Questions

Remitly Response

Aug 22, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry that the process was 'neutral' for you ... we always strive to make it a great interview experience, regardless of the outcome. If you ever want to chat about... More