Renishaw Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Renishaw Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renishaw (Pune (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall 3 rounds are there , first one was aptitude test composed of around 30 questions covered areas were maths, aptitude, reasoning, English etc. Second round was technical MCQ based on C++ and C#, 10 questions from each . After that final round technical interview of around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• questions on pointers, Refference, Stack , queue, list,stl,dynamic memory allocation, deallocation , inheritance, composition, inheritance vs composition , dynamic polymorphism, etc. & one puzzle finally.   Answer Question

Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renishaw.

Interview

I applied through their website and recieved confirmation of an interview fairly quickly. I was interviewed by three other managers and it followed a very standard interviewing technique. The factory entrance is impressive, showing off all their toys and big screens. Everyone seemed very friendly and professional and although I didn't get the job I still enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk through my CV   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when I was part of some disagreement or confrontation with another employee (something along those lines) and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Graduate Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wotton-under-Edge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Renishaw (Wotton-under-Edge, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple application form submitted online, then received phone call to say I'd been selected for the assessment centre. Was sent as project by email and had to produce a plan to present at the interview. The assessment centre day consisted of a welcome presentation introducing Renishaw, a group task each person is asked to take on the role they are applying for in the task. The next thing is a 1&1/2 hour interview half an hour was spent discussing the plan 10 mins to present it and then 29 mins to ficus in detail and for them to ask you to consider different options, was done in a very relaxed discussion type environment. Felt like the interviewers really wanted you to succeed. After the project section was an hour long competency interview, simple questions about your experience, team work, how you may handle someone not delivering on a task and more general ones like how would your friend describe you in 3 words and what do you plan to do with this summer!

Interview Questions

• simple questions about your experience, team work, how you may handle someone not delivering on a task and more general ones like how would your friend describe you in 3 words and what do you plan to do with this summer!   Answer Question

Embedded Electronic Design Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Renishaw (Gloucester, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via an online application which involved uploading your CV and asked a few basic personal questions. I then received an email asking me to attend the assessment day 2 weeks later. The assessment day consisted of a tour, 1 to 1 interview, a group challenge and a maths test. I was told at the end of the interview I would find out around 2 weeks later if I was successful. Took about 4 weeks to find out in the end.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this apprenticeship programme?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renishaw (Charfield, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was pretty standard. Generic HR questions (Why this role, where do you see yourself in five years, three words that best describes you, knowledge on the company, etc.), questions on my CV, and lots of problem solving question along with technical questions (mostly based on a specific programming language of my choice, data structures, standard algorithms, optimisation techniques, etc.)

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wotton-under-Edge, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renishaw (Wotton-under-Edge, England (UK)).

Interview

Invited to their Wotton campus to interview after applying for an unrelated role. Very laid back - asked me about previous experience, some basic technical questions. They offered me the job in the room.

Industrial Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Renishaw.

Interview

Sent my CV through the company website and was invited for an interview within a month. The interview was about an hour long and consisted of fairly simple questions about the company and my motivation, we also spent some time going through my CV. In addition to this there were technical questions based on the companies equipment that were quite tricky.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising. Strengths and weaknesses? Why would you like to work for the company? Why engineering?   Answer Question

Scientific Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renishaw in December 2014.

Interview

Initially sent a CV and Cover Letter via the company website, and was then selected for an interview/ assessment day in December. The day consisted of a group exercise and an interview. The exercise was to review an existing product that had a fault with it, and in a group discuss the best way to deal with it. The interview had both technical and competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain project work taken with University and outside of University, also asked how skills and studies could be applied within the workplace.   Answer Question

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renishaw (Bristol, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial application - CV and cover letter submitted. Received a call to say I had been successfully placed on an assessment day, and had a task to complete in preparation.
    Task - Initial project plan of changing an adhesive supplier, including preliminary timelines, tasks, risks etc.

Assessement day - Presentation and tour of Renishaw. Lovely location.
    Project task - had to plan how to correct some problems with an instrument. Each applicant took on their applicable role (range of engineers and commercial graduates at assessment day too). Engineers gave technical plans, project manager was to organise timeline etc. Relatively easy.
    Interview - 30 mins on prepared project. Asked about how to choose between prospective suppliers, how to ensure new product didn't fail like last one did etc. Challenging and impersonal interviewers at times.
    30 mins on competency questions - quite negative questions asked mostly. No opportunity to sell yourself, so make an effort to twist negative questions (e.g. what is you biggest weakness) because there was no point to explain why you would be good at the job.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you don't get this job? are you looking at other companies at the moment? What is your biggest weakness? What do you think you will enjoy least about working here?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Renishaw in September 2014.

Interview

1)telephonic interview- normal technical round with oops and basic c#
    2)coding test- either in c++ or c# very simple assignments
    3)technical round-it depends on your coding test round. Normal technical as well as some logical questions can be there.
    4)manager round- project related discussion and on your attitude
    5)HR round- proper hr round with salary discussion is there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to negotiate, they offer a very good package.