Renishaw Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Renishaw Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

Wpf Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Renishaw in August 2017.

Interview

I had telephonic interview round. In that they asked me all questions on WPF, XAML, and C#. After completion of telephonic round ,if they like you then they will call you for face to face interview.

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Renishaw in July 2017.

Interview

Called me from employment site they take objective test on C++ and aptitude then shortlisted students are then called for interview. All process carried out at company place environment is quite good but it does not look like IT company.

Student R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Renishaw (Galway (Ireland)).

Interview

Very casual, I got an email via college saying that i am selected for an interview and while the interview took place it was very casual and the interviewee was very nice and very approachable.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wotton-under-Edge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renishaw (Wotton-under-Edge, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by Process Engineering Manager (C Walter) and Senior Design Engineer (K Maharjan) on the phone for about an hour, subsequently invited to the Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire site. Both interviews were pleasant and professional. However, despite the apologies for delays and reassurances during in the second interview that I would be informed of the outcome within 2 days, there was no communication from the company or updates on their recruitment website. About two weeks later I received my reimbursement of travel to the site and I took the opportunity to send a polite request for feedback (assuming that I did not get the job). The company did not bother to reply and it took them another 6 weeks to notify me of unfavourable outcome, without providing any feedback. I read and heard a lot about the great culture and respect within the company, but perhaps this does not apply until you are actually IN.

Interview Questions

• general questions + technical, specific to the post duties, labview assessment   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Renishaw (Pune (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall 3 rounds are there , first one was aptitude test composed of around 30 questions covered areas were maths, aptitude, reasoning, English etc. Second round was technical MCQ based on C++ and C#, 10 questions from each . After that final round technical interview of around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• questions on pointers, Refference, Stack , queue, list,stl,dynamic memory allocation, deallocation , inheritance, composition, inheritance vs composition , dynamic polymorphism, etc. & one puzzle finally.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renishaw.

Interview

I applied through their website and recieved confirmation of an interview fairly quickly. I was interviewed by three other managers and it followed a very standard interviewing technique. The factory entrance is impressive, showing off all their toys and big screens. Everyone seemed very friendly and professional and although I didn't get the job I still enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk through my CV   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when I was part of some disagreement or confrontation with another employee (something along those lines) and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Renishaw (Pune (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

3 rounds in total. Out of them 2 totally focused on technical. First round focused on core C++ and geometry. Second round more of algorithms and hard core geometrical problems.

Interview Questions

• How will you recognize the inner hole with a prob? Give minimum path   Answer Question

Graduate Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wotton-under-Edge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Renishaw (Wotton-under-Edge, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple application form submitted online, then received phone call to say I'd been selected for the assessment centre. Was sent as project by email and had to produce a plan to present at the interview. The assessment centre day consisted of a welcome presentation introducing Renishaw, a group task each person is asked to take on the role they are applying for in the task. The next thing is a 1&1/2 hour interview half an hour was spent discussing the plan 10 mins to present it and then 29 mins to ficus in detail and for them to ask you to consider different options, was done in a very relaxed discussion type environment. Felt like the interviewers really wanted you to succeed. After the project section was an hour long competency interview, simple questions about your experience, team work, how you may handle someone not delivering on a task and more general ones like how would your friend describe you in 3 words and what do you plan to do with this summer!

Interview Questions

• simple questions about your experience, team work, how you may handle someone not delivering on a task and more general ones like how would your friend describe you in 3 words and what do you plan to do with this summer!   Answer Question

Embedded Electronic Design Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Renishaw (Gloucester, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via an online application which involved uploading your CV and asked a few basic personal questions. I then received an email asking me to attend the assessment day 2 weeks later. The assessment day consisted of a tour, 1 to 1 interview, a group challenge and a maths test. I was told at the end of the interview I would find out around 2 weeks later if I was successful. Took about 4 weeks to find out in the end.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renishaw (Charfield, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was pretty standard. Generic HR questions (Why this role, where do you see yourself in five years, three words that best describes you, knowledge on the company, etc.), questions on my CV, and lots of problem solving question along with technical questions (mostly based on a specific programming language of my choice, data structures, standard algorithms, optimisation techniques, etc.)