Renown Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Renown Health Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.4

Management Interview

Interview

I have interviewed twice at Renown and in both experiences I was shocked at how unprofessional and rude the HR employees were. I was offered a position but declined because of the environment HR presented.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Renown Health.

Interview

Fist I met with a recruiter 1:1. They asked questions like How do you work in a team? What's the most important thing to keep in mind when working with others who you might not get along with? Etc. .The Management of the unit I applied for was there, supervisor, and CCT. It was on the unit, they asked 10 pre-written questions. They were very basic/scripted. Essentially wanted to know what a persons moral character is.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A week later, received a response from recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. After two phone interviews (one with my recruiter and one with the department), was invited for an onsite interview.

Senior Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter and was told about he position. I then set up an appointment for the interview for the next week. The interview consisted of myself and about 8-10 Renown employees. No technical problem solving questions were asked. I asked some high level questions about their current infrastructure and techniques but received very broad/general answers. I don't think anyone had a traditional computer science background. Also it seems like people in the health industry(including here) love to mention the "cloud" and "data <insert water source here>", like data lake, data pond and thanks to Renown I now know that data glaciers exist!

Interview Questions

• Do I think moving to the cloud is worth it?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy and quick. HR Staff are also very pleasant. I was treated very well and assisted in getting the information I needed for the interviews as well as the new hire process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Renown Health in January 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview with HR, then Supv, then manager. Brought in for a face to face interview with Manager, then another one with a panel for the team. Once interviewed with the team, then waited about 2 weeks before I received an offer. Interview with the team was awkward, as it seemed more of a gossip club.

H I M Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV).

Interview

First phone call was from HR recruiter who gave basics of job, including salary (without me asking, which is nice that they were so up-front right away). Recruiter then arranged interview time with department supervisors. I had applied online for one job in the department, but was told by the recruiter that there were others open in the same department that I might be interested in, as well. This was good to know as one of the jobs had not even been posted yet.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to elaborate on duties of past jobs, what I liked and disliked about each. Asked how I prefer to work (in a group or separately, etc.), asked how I transitioned from one job to another in a previous company. The interviewers (3) were very well prepared for me, had all actually read my resume and had a copy with them with notes/highlights about what they wanted me to elaborate on. We sat in a separate room with no distractions. All three were very pleasant and did not try to rush through the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate salary as it was told to me at the beginning of the process and was acceptable to me as is.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

It was fairly easy. However, they were super rude and unprofessional. They seemed very unorganized and it didn't appeal to me to work for them. The interview was over within 15 minutes. The front receptionist was equally as rude and liked to talk to her phone while it was ringing as if she was very mad at people for calling her.

Interview Questions

• What overwhelms you, how would you fit in with this job, what do you currently do   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

I walked into the interview with 3 people present. After all the pleasantries were out of the way, they started with questions. All of them asked several questions. The interview was finished in 10 minutes. It felt very rushed. Even though I did read the job description, it would have been nice for them to give me an introduction to their company and go over the key goals for the position. I asked questions afterwards but they didn't really have straight answers. I felt that they didn't want to really do the interview or that they had their minds made up before I walked in. I don't think i'll be applying in the future to this company.

Interview Questions

• Would you describe a few situations in which your work was criticized?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Renown Health (Reno, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Unorganized, panel style. HR business partner was late and then excused herself early.
    Institution uses McQuaig survey process, but lacks ability to understand data reported. Behavioral questions should have been derived from the survey, however, most questions were randomly asked and commonly consisted of previous employment examples of work and projects. Few people had stopped by interview asked a few questions then left, which made it difficult to know who was running the interview and who was only there as a support person.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to work with difficult to get along with coworkers and what types of things have you tried to get along?   Answer Question