Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 40 of over 40 interviews

In Person15%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (United States)

Interview

Apply via an email sent from CS Department, complete a form and send CV, and wait for notifications. Basically, there is no formal interview. But if they wanna know more about some specific experience, they will contact with email.

Interview Questions
  • What courses did I take at RPI?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (United States)

Interview

I just asked for an unpaid internship with the darrin freshwater institute and was able to get the job. I did not have to go through any type of formal interview process.

Interview Questions
    Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

Interview

I applied online. Approximately 2 weeks later, I received a generic rejection email stating that I was not among the applicants being considered for the position. I was never contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions
      Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY)

Interview

There was no formal interview. Just a chat with the Associate Dean. You will get an offer sometime late May and mid June, regardless of how early you contact. If you are graduating from RPI with a PhD and unsure of your job search process, this is a good position to hangout for a while.

Interview Questions
      Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in Jan 2018

Interview

Very thorough. In depth knowlege required. Prepare well for the interview. Do not leave anything to chance. Very good interviewers. Very nice atmosphere. Intervewer was very nice. Do not take any pressure.

Interview Questions
      Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in Nov 2017

Interview

The interview process was very long (3 months) the longest time was when resume was reviewed (1.5 months) then a phone interview followed by a face to face interview. I applied twice with 3 years in between and the process has not improved and the recruiters I worked with the first year all left by the third year. When they do let you know you have been declined, they just leave you a message with no return call, just a rejection notice via email and on your profile when you log in. I found the process very demoralizing. They lead you on about what a great candidate you are and then keep rejecting you. I have two Master’s degree/years of experience and was rejected on two entry level positions that required GED’s. I was offered positions at other universities with higher pay and positions that fit my skill sets.

Interview Questions
      • Standards stuff- Your strengths and weakness? What skills can you being to the table? What characteristics do you loom for in a manager?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in Mar 2017

Interview

4+ months with very little communication. Phone interview followed up with in person interview with various members of the department including Director, staff and subordinates. I was told I was overqualified for the position, but still interviewed. Took 5 weeks to hear about being a finalist and then background check and references. Followed up 4 weeks later with no returned email or call, heard back 2 1/2 weeks later with a VM requesting a call back. They never returned the call, only to find out my result online and a email notifying I was not offered the position. I was not able to attain any feeback since no phone call was returned.

Interview Questions
      Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (United States) in Dec 2016

Interview

My first contact was via email, which was a first for me. I cleared my schedule and made time to go. After the first interview on site, I was called to come in the next day to meet with a dean. It was a hectic time, but I went. On both occasions, the interview went longer than scheduled. I was told I'd hear soon...and I was never contacted again.

Interview Questions
      • How do you see yourself learning about all the tasks entailed in the position?

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in May 2016

Interview

Got a very brief personality screening. Answered basic questions about myself and my aspirations. Most questions pertained to social skills and working as a team. Interview was very casual and laid back.

Interview Questions
      • Where do you see yourself in two years?

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in Apr 2016

Interview

Long Process. Phone Interview with HR representative. Phone interview with Manager of the department I would work for. In person interview with potential coworkers. In person interview with Managers of the department. In person interview with the Director. In person interview with the Vice President. I also needed to provide 10 references in a short time frame.

Interview Questions
      Be the first to find this interview helpful
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Interviews