Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Had phone interview first. Followed by interview with HR, supervisor and rest of the team. Second interview with supervisor. Process is fairly slow from time of first contact to offer of job, but was worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know if I was able to name all of the schools within RPI   2 Answers

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY).

Interview

You MUST be an enrolled student at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Simply contact a professor, whose field of research or specific project is of interest to you, via email or in-person at their respective office. Definitely provide a resume and cover letter and express your interest in their subject. Most likely, they will ask questions about your experiences and goals (almost an informal interview). It is not difficult to get a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for salary. You only discuss your schedule.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Super easy to get research if you are willing to ask.

Interview Questions

Interview

In person, a graduate student asked me what my strengths were as a programmer, and examples of how I put it to use. Also checked various skills such as first order logic. Later sent out a series of questions to evaluate my experience with the particular tools the lab was using, and problem solving ability.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your greatest strength is in programming?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed twice.

Interview Questions

• What is your stongest and weakest assets.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. No negotiation was allowed.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

This was by far one of the most informal and enjoyable interviews I have ever had. I met with the faculty, spent about a half hour chatting with each of them, and then went to lunch.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

First you need to be a full-time student in RPI
    1.Submit your resume and transcript through website
    2. Invited interview by the administrative stuff
    3. interview with the dean of the department
    3.After 10+ days, you will get result from the department

Technology Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in October 2009.

Interview

Initially, I was very nervous to go on this interview as a number of my friends at school had undergone the process and not been offered positions. The interview consisted of three thirty-minute interviews plus a group exercise. I was there from about 11:30am until 5pm. I think overall, the interview was challenging. Be ready to answer many behavioral-based questions.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Meet with the professor that would hire you as an RA. I got invited into his office and started the interview process. It was a reasonable interview and I was pleased with it.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I had a couple of Skype interviews with advisor about motivation, English level, technical knowledge, and how I see myself in 10 years. I was asked a couple of questions on how do I solve problems, and how do I work in teams. Part of the interview was bound to show me what the advisor would expect from me, and if that job was something I was interested on doing.
    The other requirements were a motivation letter, the transcripts, two recommendation letters, and GRE and Toefl scores