Rent The Runway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Store Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent The Runway (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and was emailed by a recruiter who asked to setup a phone interview.
    She asked basic questions to get to know a little about me and my past work experience.
    We set up an in person interview with one of the managers. In this interview I was asked questions about my past work experiences, also more questions for us to get to know each other.
    At the end of this interview we setup another interview for the next day where we basically went over the same things. At the end of the interview I got to shadow a girl who worked there already, she was super nice! We walked through the store and she gave me a basis on what the day to day was. I was told they’d be in contact.
    The next day I was contacted by the hr woman again, she asked for a reference and said she’d be in contact within the next week.
    I then got the call from her offering the job!
    The process was super easy and relaxed. They communicate very well.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent The Runway (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone screen covering interests and basic tech question. First in person interview consisted of 3 Tech interviews each 45 minutes long covering algorithms, data structures, Web services. Went back for a second in for a second interview where I was 'sold' on the position from the upper management. Go to engage with the tech and business leaders of the company.

Interview Questions

• Create an application/program that lists all words in the English language that can be created using a set of random characters. Characters cannot be reused, words must use all characters in the set.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was made an offer on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent The Runway (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

You will meet with someone in person offsite to discuss their needs and your background. Basically a meet and greet. If you are asked to come onsite they will keep you there all day but for some reason they seem to be quite cheap in that they do not offer you anything for lunch. Why not say "your next interview will be a lunch tech combo - what do you want from the deli across the street?" How much are we talking about $10 ? I have never had an interview that lasted all day and you were not offered at a minimum an in-house lunch. I was not going to starve to death but clearly this shows the type of company they are and just how cheap they actually are. They definitely do not try make the interview process positive. Overall It definitely left a bad taste in my mouth and I would definitely recommend to anyone considering this company to simply pass on them. If you really need a job then okay but even just getting some interview practice - your time could be better spent practicing other skills. I would not recommend wasting your time interviewing here. Although their tech stack is interesting - there are clearly better companies in this area that will treat you more like a human and not a number.

Interview Questions

• Given a grid where an employee could reside in a square - where is the optimal place to put the coffee maker. Dynamic programming questions. Architecture questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent The Runway (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process involved an HR interview, 1 technical phone screen, and a series of onsite interviews.

It looks like they try to fit you to a team before you come in for onsite so you get a better understanding of what your role might be.

The entire process was an absolute pleasure. RTR was prompt in their response as well as very accommodating with my schedule and other offers. Word of advice, be honest about your timeline and other offers, the folks here really do treat you well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rent The Runway (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on a hiring platform. The first interview was a chat with the recruiter. ~10 days later, I had a one hour phone coding interview with an engineer. Had an onsite interview a couple weeks later because it was the holidays. Onsite interviewers came in pairs and gave small coding and design questions, which were not extremely hard. The last interview was with an engineering manager. I was told the next week that I wasn't getting an offer but I was welcome to apply once I had more experience. The process was laid back overall and probably one of the better interview experiences I've had. However, I did feel that if they felt I did not have enough experience, they could have passed over me rather than having me take time off for a day of onsite interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent The Runway (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted via recruiter, phone screen, on-site interview. It was so awkward and unprofessional. I am a java developer and the whole interview was in javascript. The interviewers were rude and condescending. Honestly one of the worst interview experiences I've had in my job search.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through company portal. Received reply from a noreply email address that referenced no specifics of my application, clearly from an outside recruiting firm. Reply included an ad to sign up at said outside job search/recruiting platform. Quite offensive.

College Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rent The Runway (Binghamton, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

All i really had to do was gather 100 sign ups for the website and answer a short questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• what events would you hold on campus for rent the runway?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I started right away

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent The Runway in October 2018.

Interview

Brief. Asked pretty basic questions. She seemed uninterested and very disorganized like she was just trying to make up random questions on the spot. Waited until the end of our phone call to tell me that the position was filled the day before and just wasted my time.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rent The Runway (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I self introduced myself and talked about my work experience, my skillset and my interest in terms of the roles that I'd wish to play in the company. The interviewer asked many questions on the exact things that I did at my past work experiences, and I ended up having to fully describe them in detail. We then talked about my specific role in the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you use data to solve a particular problem that I mentioned in my past work experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rent The Runway.

Interview

Apply online. I applied to be a campus marketing rep, and the application had general questions along with specifics on fashion and marketing experience. You have to submit a 2 minute video of your goals for the program.