Restaurant Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.2

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Restaurant Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process went by pretty quick overall. Went through a pretty casual interview and received an offer. I had to pass a background check and get fingerprinted. Started that following Monday once everything went through

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with ticket sytems   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Associates (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Spoke with HR on phone who asked if my salary requirements we flexible? I said yes. Had in person meeting with the hiring manager for one of their corporate facilities in midtown Manhattan. Very nice guy, very professional. Basic interview, job description, etc. No tough questions whatsoever. Asked my salary requirements and he proceeded to tell me that the salary was $40,000 less than my requirements! Now, I am flexible when it comes to salary negotiating, but $40,000 is a TREMENDOUS pay cut. I was very upset that I was brought in for an interview, when they knew what my salary requirements were. Did they actually think that I, or anyone else, would take such a huge pay cut? Needless to say, the meeting ended (amicably). I ask them to keep me in mind if something should arise that meets my salary needs.

Multi-unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Restaurant Associates (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very breif and to the point. They asically let you know what you are going in to. they give you a rundown of the company and all the clients they have within their company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for Ernst and Young companies?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Associates.

Interview

The interview was a three part event. Once with the director of Operations, One with Chef and also one of the owners. I felt uncomfortable when one of the owners was making comments that were inappropriate

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any questions that were surprising. I felt that they will over work managers three fold and under pay. If you are not an executive , you work like a dog. The expectations that the company requires you not able to carry on an outside life.   1 Answer

Butler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Associates.

Interview

I was told about this job opportunity from a friend. A group of about 20 people were being interviewed on this day; though, the interviews were held individually. It was a very pleasant interview, spoke about past jobs, why I wanted to work here and my availability. I filled my taxing forms at the interview and was contacted about training soon after. An official from the New York branch came to train the new employees, it was only a few hours long and taught proper place settings, how to serve, and how to handle different situations.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my past serving experience. I did not have any experience before this job so I simply used aspects of past jobs that could relate to serving and customer service.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Interview

I was contacted by the cafe manager three weeks after my resume was submitted. We scheduled an interview for that week. During the interview he was very open about the position and the company. He even took the time out to give me a tour. He later told me that I'd have to meet with the Director for an second interview. A week went by before I heard back from them about the second interview. The Director decided she didn't need to meet with me and that I would start in two weeks.

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Associates (Stamford, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

The position was located out of UBS in Stamford. I first had a phone call screen followed by an in person interview. The interview was fairly basic, with no real curveball questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my prior experience in event planning and to give some examples of my previous work.   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Restaurant Associates (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

In order to get an interview usually you have to know somebody who is already working there but I got an interview through a recruiter. It's easy though they will just sit down with you tell you about the position. Then call you for a second interview to see if you can pass a background check.

Receptionist/Conference Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Restaurant Associates (Nashville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

I went to two formal interviews, one with the regional manager Restaurant Associates, the second was with the supervising contact between our company and the one which I was hired to serve. The second interview was followed by a background check, credit check, and drug test. It took several months to complete the hiring process and actually start, but I felt it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• I don't believe that I was asked anything difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It ws fairly simple, once the background process was completed.

Butler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Restaurant Associates (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Very simple, asked a few questions about your experience in hospitality. The setting was one on one, it was a very open interview process in which you provide a resume and sat down with a supervisor. Felt very comfortable because there were several interviews taking place in the same area.

Interview Questions

• Whats your experience with Hospitality?   1 Answer