Rhythm & Hues Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rhythm & Hues Studios Interview Questions

2.6

Concept Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios.

Interview

I did a rush design job over the weekend and then they brought me in to work the next monday. No interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Resume submission, phone interview, programming test, in-person interview with group and then small team, whiteboard exercises.

Interview Questions

• Had to solve a linear algebra expression on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Lighting TD Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios (El Segundo, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewing was usually painless and I never felt like I was being grilled or intentionally stressed by the interviewers. The questions posed were on par and appropriate in how the information related to the job in question. Even during my first interview with Rhythm & Hues, I felt like I was part of the family.

Interview Questions

• A few questions required a deep understanding of pipeline related issues and I feel that they were posed appropriately. I felt that the more difficult questions were valuable to them in gauging whether I had the aptitude to work in the more technical or artistic departments. Again, I never had the impression that the questions posed were with malicious intent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple. We were able to quickly arrive at an agreement with no more than 2 short phone conversations or emails. They are VERY honest about their financial situation and ability or inability to meet satisfactory financial compensation.

FX Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios (El Segundo, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

easy and honest over the phone discussion easy and honest over the phone discussioneasy and honest over the phone discussioneasy and honest over the phone discussioneasy and honest over the phone discussioneasy and honest over the phone discussioneasy and honest over the phone discussioneasy and honest over the phone discussioneasy and honest over the phone discussion

Interview Questions

Negotiation

based off my imdb credits and prod exp i want "a" and "b"

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios (El Segundo, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple and straightforward as I had worked there before as a Junior FX TD. Both interviews were not as complicated as for other studios. They mainly ask you questions about what is on your demo reel.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex effect you have done so far and explain it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For the first time as a Junior, none. For the second time, you give them a number and they try to match it. They will also provide you with relocation and great health benefits.

FX TD Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios (El Segundo, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Smooth going as far as the interview process. Met with a panel of potential managers and peers. Reviewed past work. Talked about the future of R&H and the type of work available on incoming projects. They were courteous and professional and took an interest in what I wanted to accomplish at R&H.

Negotiation

Simple and fast. A little e-mail back and forth.

International Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with colleague and executive producer of R&H commercial division at the time. Discussed the companies expansion needs for a pipeline possibly in Europe. As I had relationships with people in Paris, they contracted me to do biz dev and research if the company there was a viable partnership option. Next thing I knew I was off to Paris for meetings.

Interview Questions

• How can you assist in expanding out international pipelines?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios in September 2010.

Interview

I spoke with several members of the team all in one room, including the hiring manager. Typical work ethic questions and basic conversation to get a feel for who I am and what I expect of the job. Quizzed me on linux knowledge and capability.

Interview Questions

• Linux questions were difficult, as I was not as skilled in it as I'd hoped, but managed to squeak by.   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios (Playa Vista, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Had a one-hour phone interview. They asked about my availability. I was hired long distance, based on my resume and qualifications. I was then subsequently relocated by company.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to re-locate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't forget to ask for benefits in your deal or they will not include it. A co-worker of mine was able to get all his benefits included in his package and I did not because I didn't think to ask. Just assumed it was included.

BG Prep Apprentice Interview

Interview

Not so tough...need to have good knowledge and communication skills
    Prepare good for the Technical test
    Be sincere regarding your details
    Management is very friendly and encouraging
    First you will have Telephonic round,
    Second you will have a IQ test,
    then you will have a Technical test, Main one