Rigaku Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rigaku Americas

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rigaku Americas (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

easy going and relaxed. only 1 interview was required and the interviewer was very upfront about where I stood in regards to other applicants. they called when they said they would. I started soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not one. I accepted their offer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rigaku Americas.

Interview

Met with two people of upper management on service department. Cares more about my personal life than my experience. Didn't explain the position very well. Do yourself a favor and make them answer specific questions about the position and if you're replacing someone and why.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself if five years   1 Answer

Field Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rigaku Americas (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Passed test on basic electricity and electronics. Three phone interviews before trip to home office. Questions were mixed with comments about expectations and details of the available job. Being able to schedule and work independently but ability to use the team assets was stressed.

Interview Questions

• Basic troubleshooting questions of electricity and electronics. After emphasizing job is only for field service, asked where I saw myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Current Employee Interview

Interview

A lot of nepotism. They do it however they want. There is no process.

Director Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rigaku Americas (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with 5 people who mostly asked about past experience and how it applied to the position. They were one on one with multiple people who were at the same level or that were required to interface with frequently.
    The people were long time employees who had a good perception of the person they were looking for. With everything seeming a strong "yes" they spent five days reviewing the candidates then said they were not hiring anyone who interviewed. I believe they did not know what they wanted and said there budget was less than industry expense for the position. Maybe they didn't know what they should have to pay.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle making sure other disciplines understand the requirements   1 Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Rigaku Americas (The Woodlands, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an IT recruiter and interviewed a week later. My interview was performed in a storage room as there were no conference rooms available. A bit strange but served its purpose. The interview was mostly performed by the CIO. The DBA had no questions but instead spoke of personal issues and this seemed to be encourage by the CIO.

Interview Questions

• Technical and some behavioral questions. Can't remember any specific questions. The interview was fairly relaxed as interviews go and took about one hour.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was typical. The recruiter offered me the salary and I believed it to be fair so I accepted.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rigaku Americas.

Interview

No phone interview, In person interview by Customer Service head and Operation Manager. Both asked different questions since one didn't know the duties of the job and other was new to the position and company. Based on interview they didn't have much of an idea, what the position would actually involved. This was new position, for division that was moving from the southwest to the northeast. Ask a few technical questions. Did say they would contact once they made a decisions, but I never heard back from them, even when asked what was going on with position via email.