Rimm Kaufman Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rimm Kaufman Group Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rimm Kaufman Group (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had two(ish) interviews: one phone and two (same day) interviews with team leads and program directors, respectively. Everyone was very friendly and helpful in the interview if you got a little lost. The thing that got me most was fatigue because I wasn't mentally prepared for nearly four hours of in person interview and problem solving. Outside of the length is was pretty standard.

SEO Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rimm Kaufman Group in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was two steps: 1) phone interview (about 20-30 minutes) with a recruiter, and 2) video interview (about 30-40 minutes with 2 SEO specialists) Both interviews had a few behavioral questions and a few knowledge-based, although I would say they were more heavy on the knowledge-based questions. You should definitely make sure to do your research beforehand.

All three interviewers were very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. They were patient, and seemed very intent on not just assessing my knowledge but in adding to it. If you do a good job, they will most likely praise you up front!

Paid Search Analyst Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rimm Kaufman Group.

Interview

So far, I have only had an initial phone call with Merkle | RKG. The woman interviewing me was very nice and easy to talk to. The phone call lasted approximately an hour, with all questions being behavioral. Near the end of the interview, she spent a good 20 minutes explaining what a Paid Search analyst does and shared with me with a google spreadsheet that had a quick exercise. I was told I would hear back between 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Did you know about the company before your school's career fair? Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rimm Kaufman Group (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very smooth process all the way through, they didn't keep me waiting to long between any step of the process. Standard phone interview with more in depth resume review and some basic analysis questions.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever take initiative in your internship and work on a project that your supervisor didn't give to you?   Answer Question

Display Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rimm Kaufman Group in March 2015.

Interview

I went on 3 rounds of interviews with RKG. They usually begin with pretty standard interview questions about your resume and experiences. The interviewers were really nice and friendly. Everyone at the office was welcoming. They usually ask some sort of brain teaser at the end. I wouldn't stress too much about it- they give hints!

Interview Questions

• Quick excel exercise.. must be proficient in excel and quantitative data   Answer Question

Display Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rimm Kaufman Group (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire process took approximately 2.5 months long, due to the time in between each interview. The first interview was phone with a HR recruiter. She spoke generally about the company and the position, without asking many personal questions. The second interview was on-site with two team leads. They combed over my resume then was asked to perform a palindrome. Final interview was with director and second in command? Asked to perform a marketing SEO equation.

Interview Questions

• The last palindrome was October 2, 2001. Find the date prior to this.   1 Answer

I was offered the position, filling out paperwork when Merkle performed a background check and I did not pass, despite it happening 5+years ago and no relation to the position or company. RKG seemed willing to go forward with me but Merkle was not. It's really too bad that they didn't inform me ahead of time that they performed a background check. Especially since they contacted all of my references prior to completing it. Just ended up being a waste of time for everyone involved, as I would not have applied in the first place.

SEO Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rimm Kaufman Group.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website and was shortly contacted via email for a phone interview. They asked about my interests, data experience and the interview seemed interested in my projects. We went through every part of my resume while the interviewer was asking follow-up questions. The interviewer was very friendly and was honest with responses to my questions about the company culture. I never heard back from the interviewer even though it was a positive experience.

Paid Search Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rimm Kaufman Group.

Interview

I applied to RKG on job post on a school website. I was contacted via email to have a phone interview set up. About three weeks later (even though I was told I would be contacted a week later) I received an invitation to come in to the office for another interview.

Interview Questions

• How much does a fully loaded plane flying from JFK to LAX weigh?   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rimm Kaufman Group in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of filling me in about the company and also had a part with a spreadsheet where I was asked to analyze the data and explain what trends I noticed. Overall the woman who interviewed me was very polite and nice. She was open and answered all my questions thoroughly. I personally was not chosen to continue the interview process but I would still recommend this company

Interview Questions

• Was asked to elaborate certain aspects of my resume, was given some data to analyze   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rimm Kaufman Group (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

Phone interview where we reviewed an Excel spreadsheet over google dox. Met in person a few weeks later for a more personal interview. The Excel was the toughest part for me. One must be proficient in Excel to get this job.

Interview Questions

• Have you work with excel in front of them.   1 Answer

Rimm Kaufman Group Response

Nov 5, 2014 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for interviewing with us and sharing your experience on Glassdoor. Excel is definitely an important component of the job, so you just provided some great advice!