Riskified Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Riskified (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Several steps that happen separately if you pass each. First there is a screening by HR via phone call, then an in person task/interview for fit with your direct manager, then a test from head of Growth, and finally a discussion with the CEO Eido.

Laura from HR guides you through each step very well and cares a lot. Riskified is extremely thorough with the hiring process, which could be taxing somewhere else, but she kept me in the loop.

The whole process was a great preview to working here. Intense because they only want the right people, but also transparent and respectful, because those are qualities which enhance productivity, not detract from it. That all translates to my experience as a full time employee.

Interview Questions

• Different types of questions in each stage, including:

-Why are you making this career change
      -How did you hear of us
      -Perform quantitative and qualitative evaluations/case studies
      -Explain your answers (very similar to a consulting interview)   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Riskified (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

*Phone screen with HR, followed by two in persons with Head of Business Development, with a final interview with the CEO.
    *Various assignments throughout to evaluate your analytical thinking capabilities.
    *Overall a great experience. It was a bit long, but well worth it!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Riskified (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Riskified tries to sell you hard on the image of a great place to work for in NYC - nonetheless it lacks substance inside its shell. The hiring process includes case studies, tests, and conversations with many members of the sales team/leadership. As you progress it becomes noticeable the large number of employees who are somehow inexperienced in corporate sales. That is not good but still understandable given the size of the company. However, the red flag that made me step out of the process was the degree of arrogance conveyed by some folks in leadership roles. Big no no.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Just do not come expecting intelectual challenging discussions. :)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Riskified (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview began by getting to know Laura the HR Business Partner. After the initial screen, I was interviewed by Nadav the head of the Account Executives, followed by practice sales call and an interview with the CEO. Questions were a mix of skill and behavioral, but mostly felt like conversations. During this process, Laura was great to keep in touch each step of the way and coach me along the way. Genuine and brilliant team. Really enjoyed getting to know everyone throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Riskified (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The whole process took less than a month - Laura, Riskified's recruiter, reached out to me over AngelList and we connected that way. I had a short phone interview with Laura; one hour long in-person interview with the head of sales; a second hour long in-person interview/lunch with the head of sales and an AE; an hour long video interview with the VP of Sales/Business Development; a mock call with the head of sales; a home task; and a final in-person interview with the CEO for ~30min. I also had periodic check-ins with Laura throughout.

I think the most difficult part of the interview process was the home task. It's very open-ended, so it seems like there are a few different 'right' ways to complete it. I genuinely enjoyed the project though, and it gave me a good idea of what I would be doing if I were to take the position at Riskified.

Overall, it was a very positive experience, and I think that Laura had a lot to do with it. Her enthusiasm is clear, and it was contagious. She also does an amazing job of making you, as a candidate, feel valued and important.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember now but they ranged from standard to difficult.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riskified (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process was well-executed and extremely comfortable. Laura was the point person in recruiting me and she was very responsive and supportive throughout. Both Laura and the Head of Account Mgmt made sure to answer any and all questions, and were in constant communication to make sure that I was fully aware of everything going on.
    It began with a quick online exam, followed up by a phone screening with Laura. Next up was an in-person interview with the Head of Account Management. The next round was an in-person interview with the Head of Business Development, which was then followed by a final interview with the Founder and CEO of the company.
    Everyone involved was extremely professional and clearly intelligent. By far one of the best interview processes I've experienced.

Unfortunately had another offer simultaneously that I accepted, but it was a very difficult decision to go elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide us with some honest feedback that you would share with your current CEO?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Riskified (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First, a phone screen with the hiring manager. (I requested time on a Saturday afternoon - they were very flexible!) Next, two in-person interviews - one hour with HR and the Head of Account Management, one hour with the VP of Ops. There is an at-home task to complete after the phone screen, and each in-person interview included time to complete an analytical task relevant to the position. Laura from HR was extremely supportive throughout the process and clearly communicated next steps and status updates.

The final interview was a video call with the company's founder and CEO, Eido. The call started with introductions and my background. Eido asked several questions that provoked thoughtful, honest responses (NOT the easiest to "prep" for) that we then discussed. He gave me his full attention the whole time and made sure the conversation was not too formal.

The process began at a fast pace as they were working with a hiring deadline. It was a week from the phoner to the second in-person. The deadline passed as I was scheduling my founder interview so it slowed down a bit from there. The highly involved process gave me a great sense of the company culture, the role, and management style. I was very confident that my goals aligned with this position by the time I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent client issue and the steps you took to resolve it.   Answer Question

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Riskified (New York, NY).

Interview

I came in through an employee referral and the entire process took about 2.5 weeks since I was in the final stages of interviewing with a separate company at the time.

The initial phone call with Laura was great - she has a lot of energy, which took me by surprise, but hearing the level of excitement she had for the company and opportunity was refreshing. She clearly outlined what the interview process would entail beyond that first conversation - a home task/presentation, followed by a mock sales call and conversation with the head of sales, and finally, speaking with the CEO.

The home task was definitely the most challenging part of the interview process. It required lots of research to develop a solid baseline understanding of the industry and an understanding of how/why Riskified would add value in that particular scenario.

From there, the mock call was much easier. The knowledge I gained through researching for the home task was a huge help. Think of this as your basic discovery call. Once I was done with the mock call, the head of sales gave feedback on how I did and then we just spoke more about the opportunity with Riskified.

The last step was the interview with the CEO - this was also a good conversation and I wasn't asked any particularly crazy questions like the ones others have mentioned.

Overall, I felt I had a good connection with everyone I spoke with and they never made it seem like an overly formal interview. That said, the entire interview experience, process, and type of work involved is completely different for each role since each team has different requirements. But in my experience, Laura always kept me informed of where I stood and worked with me to expedite the process. While there was undoubtedly more work required for this position than you’ll find in most AE interview processes, it definitely made me appreciate the offer that came even more, and left me confident that I knew what I was getting into.

*Pro Tip: For the take home task - be detailed and analytical. It might sound obvious, but don't just say things like 'handle their objections’ or ‘close them.’ The task should take a couple of hours to do, so if you want the position, show that you put in the effort…

Interview Questions

• No crazy, weird, or out of this world type of questions.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Riskified (New York, NY).

Interview

The process started off well with the recruiter. She sold me on the opportunity and seemed upbeat and positive on her employment with the Company. I knew a few friends who were connected with some senior level people at Riskified and they had good things to say about them so I was excited about the interview.
    I went to the NYC office to meet with the head of sales who basically told me to take a remedial 'qualification test' on connecting with different personas in the operational stakeholder funnel. While reviewing my answers, he provided very little feedback and it was painful to interview with him. There didn't seem to be any depth to his questions or any insights into the expectations of the role. I felt like I was interviewing him with my questions. He told me that came up through the sales ranks. I imagine that he may have had some good sales numbers and likely was promoted to his current role, but his management and leadership acumen seemed to be lacking. Nothing was difficult about the interview aside from me interviewing him.
    They have aggressive growth numbers and I wish them well with it. I would suggest learning how to interview at different levels and empower people to come aboard if they are going to be in the game long term. The corp culture seemed to be a challenge if this is how you interview and try to bring people aboard.
    Needless to say, I wasn't interested in moving forward in the process after the interview. But to show the lack of professionalism, I never even received a follow-up call or feedback from anyone at the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you recruit and motivate?
      What kind of manager are you?   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Riskified in March 2018.

Interview

Riskified's hiring process is quick on responses but filled with haze and crowded by too many cooks in the pot. Throughout the process, I was led along by an HR rep who was full of holes and lacked professionalism such as; not getting back to me in the time frames she said, booking meetings without asking my availability and not sending me invites. In the end, after passing all stages, I was not given an offer and not provided with any proper explanation or feedback.

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riskified.

Interview

An initial phone screening interview by an internal recruiter scheduled for 45 minutes usually does not last an hour and a half, but mine sure did. If I am in an initial phone screening interview for that long, and it’s indicated that I should be moving on in the process, I expect the courtesy of having that done, or at least a professional message from this person if it’s not. Instead, what I got was an internal recruiter attempting to use “gotcha” tactics throughout, taking up way too much of my time, telling me at the conclusion of the interview they would likely be reaching out to me later that same day or the next to coordinate next steps, and then not hearing from this person again – other than an automated, generic “we are not moving forward” email several weeks later. Very unprofessional (and amateurish) in my opinion, and a poor reflection of the company if this is how they are recruiting/screening/(not) respecting the time of professional candidates.