Riversand Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.9

Technical Consultant Level I - Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Riversand Technologies (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at their office. Was called at 10AM only to find out that people show up after 10AM at work. No information as to what kind of interview it would be. !! I was asked to wait until the interviewer came. We spent at least 10m looking for place to sit. THen interviewer got a call which he attended for next 10m. How unprofessional !! And then they tell me 10AM is not a good time for them. Then why did you call me at 10AM ??Gave me a technical test with OOP qns. Then another technical guy came in. Did not introduce himself as to what he position he held, just started firing DETAILED technical questions. Expected me to know things to the T. Though I had told I had 5 yrs exp. He wasn't prepared at all to take interview. After sometime they said ok we will contact you later. In short, company has nothing to offer a candidate. Office interior very partial. Top mgmt. in cabins and others in internet café style cheap tables. Overall very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented concepts ?
      SQL Questions, joins, indexes, stored procedures,
      C# .net qns
      Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riversand Technologies (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

one phone interview by HR followed by a written test and a technical interview. Written test mostly consists of oops concepts. later one on one round will be more technical. Assessment will be made mainly in the field of .net and sql. Collections, Dictionaries are concentrated. Interview would go on foe one hour to 3 hours. if the technical interview is cleared there will be final round of managerial review.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions would cover opps concepts, collections and data base queries.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Riversand Technologies (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

They found my resume online and called me in. I got to their office and the man that I talked to on the phone asks me to wait. While I wait people are coming in and roaming around for places to work. Apparently their office is too small for the amount of staff they have..so why am I here? Anyway, 2 guys come up to the front to interview me - one is wearing flip flops and a T-shirt, the other doesn't bother to introduce himself. We hunt around for a place to conduct the interview and then they ask me basic questions on programming. I am no good because honestly, it is my second interview after college, and I'm not prepared. The nameless guy asks most of the questions because the other guy is texting someone. Occasionally they would look at each other and smirk. By the end, I don't want this job and they don't want me. They hand me back my resume which I find a little insulting.

Interview Questions

• given an integer of unknown size, explain how you would reverse it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Riversand Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Most of the questions are easy only. But interviewers are expecting the answer which they know. 1 or 2 tough questions, which may take weeks to design, expecting me to solve on the spot.

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Riversand Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by the company HR who set up a telephonic interview. Took around 3 days for the whole process of scheduling the first round.Got the call at the scheduled time.

The interviewer was clearly calling from her desk because there was a lot of background noise. After the perfunctory greetings and tell me about your experience she begins with the questions. The questions did not have much of a structure to them. They were mostly definitions or elementary OOPs. I am not quite sure how experienced the interviewer was but she clearly did not have much of an idea of interviewing a senior candidate. There was a serious boo boo when she asked about what is a StringBuffer in C#. Not sure if she mixed up Java and .Net but this did not leave a very good impression. Questions were mostly pedantic and did not show any real intent of gauging a developer's abilities.

Then comes the shocker!! The position and the JD and even the HR rep had made it abundantly clear that the position was for a .Net developer. Midway through the interview the interviewer declares that it is in fact a java position (which probably explains the StringBuffer). At this point, I was not very interested in continuing the discussion any further. The interview thus ended with a very disappointing note of spending 30 minutes of a busy day in a pointless conversation.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Abstract class and Interface in C#.   Answer Question
    • Difference between a String, StringBuilder and "StringBuffer".   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riversand Technologies.

Interview

2 round. Telephone and direct. Telephone was good, but direct was less technical. overall it was good. Hr offered very low salary. No value for talent in the company. they just want cheap and best !!
    But my interviewer was very calm and nice person. It helped to crack it. Otherwise there was nothing great about the process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riversand Technologies (Surat (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Online Practical Test which will test your coding skills, knowledge about the technology as well as whether you can handle pressure or not was conducted in our campus
    Selected Candidates will have to pass technical interview where one to one interview is conducted between a senior employee and candidate and your knowledge about your development is assessed
    Finally an HR Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Riversand Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

It was very well organized event. i attended for entry level role. Started off with written, then 2 rounds of technical then HR round. Very well organized event to sum off my experience during the interview

Interview Questions

• As it was an entry level they asked basics of testing, communication, logical questions etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was the first step phone interview. The interviewer is nice but late for the appointment tiem. General technical questions, like "what is abstract?" "What is polymorphism?" "What is inheritance?" If you prepare well, it will be fine.