Robinhood Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robinhood (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and had an initial phone interview, covering my previous work experience, skill set, and interest in working at Robinhood. The recruiters also gave me some insight and background information on Robinhood, and the team I would be working with.

Within about a week, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. This interview was a bit more in depth about my previous work experience, but remained more of a conversation and open discussion. Soon after, I was contacted by the recruiter that they wanted to bring me to an on-site interview. My on-site interview lasted about 5 hours total. I interviewed with 4 people for around 45min each, and had lunch with the team. These interviews were more in-depth and included questions that challenged my though process for carrying out marketing campaigns, how I'd leverage certain data, and what my approach would be to solve specific problems. These felt like they went by VERY quickly, and I didn't feel that they were too intimidating. I actually really enjoyed interviewing with the team, and expressing my ideas and thought process.

24h later, I received an offer (I had other deadlines for existing offers). This just shows how fast the recruiters moved, and how respective they were of my other deadlines!

My offer was presented to me in-person by the recruiter, which I personally really appreciated. Both of the recruiters I worked with were extremely helpful, had excellent communication throughout the entire process, and honestly gave me the best recruiting/interview experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were to run a TV ad campaign, how would you test the efficiency of these ads compared to digital ad spend?

Explain your process of testing and optimizing digital marketing campaigns.

If our cost of user acquisition is very high on a paid advertising channel, how will you bring it down?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robinhood (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and one onsite interview. One of the phone interviews was actually prep interview for the onsite one. I was pleasantly surprised and appreciated that opportunity. on site interview was 3-4 hours, lunch was offered. Each person I interviewed with was given a qualification for the job which they went deep into details about. I had about 45 minutes to an hour which person to talk about specific mechanics of my previous achievements , my qualities and abilities. Emphasis was put into HOW I do certain tasks and problem solve. Overall, I had a great experience. The process was very quick. All interviews and a reply back about whether I got a position or not took 3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robinhood (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was applying for a web development position, so the initial phone interview was using an understanding of core javascript features. The on-site was much more varied, since I have diverse experience, ranging from algorithms, systems, design to a live coding exercise for web dev.

I went into the interview not really expected to accept because I had several other great offers; but I knew the app was pretty cool so I felt I should give it a go.

Once I got on-site I found the people to be very friendly and an atmosphere of positivity and playfulness. After interacting with several more team members during lunch I knew I could expect a lovely culture. The people really care about what they are doing, and it is very exciting to work here!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robinhood (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

They called and wanted to extend an offer, but if I want to know the specific numbers, the offer will expire in a week (to take away my negotiation power and low ball me obviously). I waited less than a week and then reached out for the offer details. Then I was told the offer was rescinded due to "business priority shifts and thus headcount freeze".

It is likely that they extend multiple offers and the first taker (taking the lowest bid) wins. I suggest that you not waste your time with them. I am not sure if a whimsical company with such kind of practice will look out for its employees at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robinhood (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

The phone interview process involved introducing myself, talking about our current work, a coding question, and 5 minutes at the end for asking questions to the interviewer. Very standard format.

The coding question was very easy, and I solved it. However, the interviewer wasn't communicative at all from the start. They only introduced themselves in a sentence or two, and after I explained my projects, they asked me really dumb questions about my past projects by picking random keywords from my explanation (I suspect they were zoned in/out when I was talking). In the coding question it was as if I was talking to a wall. I solved the question completely with the output matching their test case output etc, talked about the space/time complexity, and performed optimizations on my own. However, the interviewer didn't give any input at all, and their interaction was extremely limited.
    It's frustrating to do everything correctly and be rejected because the person on the other end was aloof, zoned out, and disinterested. That's an hour of time I'll never get back.

Interview Questions

• Coding question - iterate through a list of trades and transform it to output a list of buy/sell pairs and also calculate overall profit while doing so.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Robinhood (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a chance to meet the team and understand the company before interviewing. Upon meeting everyone there, I was super excited since the company, it's mission and everyone there was completely aligned to benefiting the customer and end user. This kind of user focus made me interview.

The interview was seamless with a phone screen and 4 on site interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a question where I was asked to design a LRU Cache from scratch   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

negative experience; I got 0 feedback about why I failed the interview. I feel I wasted a whole day there without gaining anything positive. And the interview is very intense.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Robinhood in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by the recruiter via email. I was invited for a technical phone screen interview. The interviewer never showed up. This was in spite of me confirming the interview time, twice. Very unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robinhood.

Interview

Began with a 1hr phone screen which I thought went well, but then was not moved on in the process. Asked for feedback and they said they did not give feedback.

Overall the interviewer was very nice, and HR/logistics side was handled smoothly. Just kind of confused what went wrong and they don' tell you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Robinhood (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First an HR phone screen, then a technical phone screen. Then they told me I'd need a second phone screen. I answered all technical questions quickly and with optimal time complexity, but for some reason was not invited to an onsite (did not receive feedback).

Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Robinhood (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

There were a total of seven interviews conducted. The process is difficult and the questions are challenging. They questions are designed to evaluate both your knowledge and ability to think outside the box. There is a culture aspect to it as well to determine of your personality, passion and drive are just as strong of a fit as your expertise and ability.