Rockefeller University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockefeller University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockefeller University in March 2017.

Interview

It was an interview over Skype, where we went over basic interview questions, my research experiences (emphasis on techniques), and my interests.The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. The interviewer was nice and pleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (Poughkeepsie, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my college's job link. I submitted a resume and cover letter then waited for my college's career development office to contact me if I was selected for an interview. Once selected, the interview was conducted on campus; a representative from HR at Rockefeller met with me.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockefeller University.

Interview

Interview with recruiter on college campus. Brought to Rockefeller University about one month later after receiving two interviews. It was a one-day process. I spoke with the PIs, was given a lab tour, and spoke with 2-4 grad students/current research assistants.

Interview Questions

• Asked me in depth about my research. There was also a written quiz   Answer Question

Laboratory Administrator Interview

Interview

The interview was arranged by a recruiter. I was interviewed on the phone by a member of HR. It was a straightforward interview with the expected questions. I came in for an interview on the campus. It was a bit of a hike but again, straight forward and nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a lab where animals are tested?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First you meet with HR about your application and they ask you about your research experience, when you would be available to start working etc. Then you meet with lab members to get a sense of how the lab runs and what projects you would potentially be working on/ what your day to day would look like. Then it's back to HR for additional follow up.

Clinical Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application and HR notification via email for 1st round interview with nurse manager and nurse director. Then proceed to 2nd round panel interview with nursing staff if selected as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why research nursing? Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was taken to Human Resources to fill out paperwork (if at all possible, make sure you do this online, it would be easier and simpler) and then was walked to the lab and interviewed by three people who worked there. I got to talk to several of the members of the laboratory and had an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What lab technique experience do you have?
      Are you already working on relocating?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockefeller University in May 2016.

Interview

overall very average interview. not very efficient workflow, very awkward questions. quiz at the end which I felt was unnecessary. Was not given much information prior to attending the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied onlineto a couple of open positions. Was invited to interview with two different labs. Each lasting about an hour. One lab I met only with the fellow Research Assistants so it was very low key, while the other lab I met with multiple post docs, all separately, so had to repeat a lot of the same info. HR is super pleasant and helpful the entire time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (Ithaca, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I had applied through my school's recruitment portal. The interview happened on campus, conducted by a Human Resources person. They asked about my research and the skills listed on my resume. 3 letters of recommendation were required.