Rockefeller University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockefeller University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockefeller University.

Interview

Interview with recruiter on college campus. Brought to Rockefeller University about one month later after receiving two interviews. It was a one-day process. I spoke with the PIs, was given a lab tour, and spoke with 2-4 grad students/current research assistants.

Interview Questions

• Asked me in depth about my research. There was also a written quiz   Answer Question

Laboratory Administrator Interview

Interview

The interview was arranged by a recruiter. I was interviewed on the phone by a member of HR. It was a straightforward interview with the expected questions. I came in for an interview on the campus. It was a bit of a hike but again, straight forward and nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a lab where animals are tested?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First you meet with HR about your application and they ask you about your research experience, when you would be available to start working etc. Then you meet with lab members to get a sense of how the lab runs and what projects you would potentially be working on/ what your day to day would look like. Then it's back to HR for additional follow up.

Clinical Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application and HR notification via email for 1st round interview with nurse manager and nurse director. Then proceed to 2nd round panel interview with nursing staff if selected as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why research nursing? Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was taken to Human Resources to fill out paperwork (if at all possible, make sure you do this online, it would be easier and simpler) and then was walked to the lab and interviewed by three people who worked there. I got to talk to several of the members of the laboratory and had an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What lab technique experience do you have?
      Are you already working on relocating?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied onlineto a couple of open positions. Was invited to interview with two different labs. Each lasting about an hour. One lab I met only with the fellow Research Assistants so it was very low key, while the other lab I met with multiple post docs, all separately, so had to repeat a lot of the same info. HR is super pleasant and helpful the entire time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (Ithaca, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I had applied through my school's recruitment portal. The interview happened on campus, conducted by a Human Resources person. They asked about my research and the skills listed on my resume. 3 letters of recommendation were required.

Part Time ECE Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall the interview process was very straight forward and went very smoothly. First the lady from human resources reached out to me in regard to a phone interview that lasted 15 minutes where she explained to me the positions that were available at the children and family center and mentioned to me that she would pass my information along to the directors and if they were interested they would reach out to me. Needless to say about a week later they reached out to me through email asking if I would like to meet with them for an in person. Such an amazing group of directors that I have met. I am still awaiting feedback but overall it was a great process at Rockefeller!

Interview Questions

• If there were two children paying with blocks and another child happened to come and kick down their blocks, how would you as a teacher rectify the situation for the children?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. All the questions are basic and straight forward. After the interview, I was asked to summit transcript and others to the website. One question they asked is do I fell comfortable with working with animals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled an onsite interview directly after 2-3 weeks. I had met the HR first was asked generalized questions, then head of the laboratory who talked about the position and requirements and 3 team members who asked me both technical as well as personal questions. I was given a tour of the lab at the end.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my skills, lab experience and very easy technical questions based on molarity. They presented me with cloning despite knowing I had no experience and the position did not require cloning but I managed to answer it.   Answer Question