Rockefeller University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 69 of over 69 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rockefeller University

Rockefeller University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockefeller University

Interview

Your interview is with the specific research mentor you have been matched with (if a match is made after submitting your application). Therefore, the interview entirely depends on your mentor; it's not at all standardized. I just met my mentor on campus, and she asked me very informally about my interests and told me about her research. She essentially told me just to let her know if I was interested and that was all.

Interview Questions
  • Very basic questions about what I wanted to gain from the experience and my general interests.
    Answer Question

Rockefeller University

Application

I interviewed at Rockefeller University

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and professional. I felt as though the interviewers were truly interested in getting to know me and seeing how I may be a good fit for the position. They were very friendly and answered any questions I had along the way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rockefeller University

Application

I interviewed at Rockefeller University

Interview

It was alright. The lady was really nice. She asked questions about my thesis. She also asked me about my career goals and why I wanted to work at Rockefeller.

Interview Questions
  • What would your thesis advisor say is your strength or weakness?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (Boston, MA) in Mar 2021

Interview

4 different interviewers being separated into 3 different days. The Zoom experience is extremely harsh in my opinion. One of the interviewers criticized my research proposal and talked trash on it even though the project was still on-going. Very unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY)

Interview

There were 6 interviews with professors, including the one who wants to be my advisor. Most professors just chatted about science in general during the interviews, but some of them asked me more technical questions. There was an hour-long presentation I needed to do based on my PhD research, and I think the presentation was the most important part for the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rockefeller University

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockefeller University

Interview

First round HR interview, not too technical. Asked about past projects and skills. Asked about future plans. Comfort with animals was a topic. Didn't ask or talk about any particular lab, more general first round

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

I applied through my college listing, and then was selected to interview with an HR staff member. The interviewer was very kind, and it lasted about 30 minutes. After the interview, I was instructed to complete an application process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in Nov 2019

Interview

First HR does a email screening Then a phone screening, both are easy, just gauging your interest Then a final interview on the phone with a panel of IT folks, very laid-back, not formal, not scary, HR gives good updates on where you are in the process and what to expect.

Interview Questions
  • What is split horizon? Do you have experience with Aruba? Cisco? How do you go about challenging a superior, especially if you know they are wrong? How can we offer wireless internet to our employees without say, people off-campus also getting access? How can we increase bandwith and allow for higher throughput?

Application

Interview

Informational interview before getting access to online application. Listed labs that I was interested in joining. They got back to me about 2 months later with interested labs, but none that I had selected

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rockefeller University

Application

I interviewed at Rockefeller University

Interview

Basic phone interview where recruiter asked me preliminary questions to get more information about me and briefed me further about the application process. The phone call was about 30 minutes and was very relaxed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 69 Interviews

Rockefeller University Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Rockefeller University as 76.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.65 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Research Assistant and Research Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Postdoctoral Fellow and Summer Science Research Program roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Rockefeller University takes an average of 28 days when considering 77 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Administrative Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Research Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 70 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Rockefeller University according to 77 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 41.00%