Rockefeller University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

first by email were I introduced my self and my research. After that I had a phone call with the PI where we talked on my research and her research and what type of projects I can work on with I join the lab. And after that I flew to NY for a personal interview where I gave a presentation of my work and we talked more on projects in the lab.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockefeller University.

Interview

I applied through my college listing, and then was selected to interview with an HR staff member. The interviewer was very kind, and it lasted about 30 minutes. After the interview, I was instructed to complete an application process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working as a Research Assistant   Answer Question

Application

Interview

First round HR interview, not too technical. Asked about past projects and skills. Asked about future plans. Comfort with animals was a topic. Didn't ask or talk about any particular lab, more general first round

Interview Questions

• What skills did you learn from your last research project?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Informational interview before getting access to online application. Listed labs that I was interested in joining. They got back to me about 2 months later with interested labs, but none that I had selected

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Basic phone interview where recruiter asked me preliminary questions to get more information about me and briefed me further about the application process. The phone call was about 30 minutes and was very relaxed.

Application

Interview

Behavioural Interview with Human Resources. She asked basic questions for 30 minutes about my interests and experiences so that they could match me with labs that had open positions.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockefeller University.

Interview

It was an on-campus screening interview with a member from human resources that was obtained through a college job portal. It followed an online application for various labs at Rockefeller. It also requires three letters of recommendation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very clear cut. I was invited to a first round interview where they asked simple questions like what my research interests were and to describe my lab and class experience in these areas. They were also very receptive with questions I had about the program in general. However, just note, they are more interested in you showing knowledge of the bigger picture beyond the experiment, the 'why are you doing this experiment' , and 'what is this experiment doing for the project as a whole', than hearing you list a bunch of processes you can do in the lab.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research interests?   Answer Question
    • How have you gained experience in this area through both classwork and lab work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

HR is very reasonable. Make sure you know what labs you're interested in, and what generally interests you. They will also ask about your future plans, don't be afraid to let them know.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous research   1 Answer

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

Went onsite for an interview. The interview lasted for about 2 hours. Met all laboratory members and the the hiring manager and had 1:1 interview with everybody. The last round of interview was with the HR which lasted for 30 minutes.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rockefeller University (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

There are four professors to interview with. One by one. Generally, you need to introduce about your own previous research experiences. And they will ask some research related questions. But also about your personalities. Then they may talk about their own research.