Rook Coffee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rook Coffee

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Silver, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rook Coffee (Little Silver, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

What an exciting, comfortable interview! Andrea made me feel welcome and her positive energy was contagious. I was offered coffee and asked questions regarding my previous work and personal interests. She was able to answer my questions and didn't leave me feeling uncertain as to what I should expect moving forward. Was informed that other interviews were to be conducted and that I would be contacted shortly. Rook is an incredible company with great values and work ethic and it was a pleasure to interview with one of their best!

Interview Questions

• One positive and one negative aspect about my previous job.   Answer Question

Full Charge Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rook Coffee (Ocean, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job via Craigslist and received an email back within two days. Scheduled a phone interview, then received an invitation for a one-on-one interview one week later.

Interview Questions

• Saying this interview process was an utter waste of time would be an understatement. Very few questions about my skill set. The co-owner was mostly concerned about my lifestyle and asked questions about my hobbies, interests, and my life experiences. He said he was not concerned about my qualifications and said I was more than qualified with my past work experience and education. I have the impression the co-owner had ulterior motives in interviewing me and other candidates. I feel the interviews went extremely well, he said he would let me know either way within a week. I've contacted him twice (phone and email) to get the status of his decision. He never had the decency to get back to me.   3 Answers

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manalapan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rook Coffee (Manalapan, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming. I was asked simple questions such as my favorite coffee, why I want to work there, and a time where I used team work to overcome a problem.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colts Neck, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rook Coffee (Colts Neck, NJ) in August 2018.

Interview

I had a great interview with Andrea! She was very welcoming and relaxed. I was new to Jersey when I applied for Rook. I knew it was a company that I wanted to be a part of. Rook is a family, the co owners know their employees all the way down to the baristas by name. The managers and assistant managers are amazing people who will do their best to make your work experience positive.