Rook Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rook Security

Security Analyst Interview

Interview

Very unprofessional interview. Interviewer seems disinterested. Seemed like he was doing other things like looking things up on the internet. Eating while talking to me and seemed distracted during the whole thing.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rook Security (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Intense interview with the team leads and basic test to test your IT Security Skills and background. Did a few phone interviews first and then a on site with the director, and team leaders.

Interview Questions

• A example of a project or situation you have been in where you had to figure out and complete the project in a rushed manner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rook Security (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Lengthy (interrogation style) interview with a lot of knowledge based questions.Worth studying for if you're not already deep on InfoSec. Several of us didn't fill out employee paper work or even receive official offer letter until after the first day of work with our name already on the schedule sheet.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree in the forest, what kind of animal would you want to climb you...or something like that.   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rook Security (West Lafayette, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

I sent my resume via a university career center. I was contacted with an email and interviewed on campus. After that I was informed about getting the position by phone.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this object (paper clip, flash drive, etc.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rook Security (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I applied through my school's career site. The recruiter at Rook replied quickly and scheduled an on-campus interview. The interview day was structured and well planned. They took a team interview approach and it was clear that the interview questions were tailored specifically to the role I was pursuing, not only in the technical aspect, but also in soft-skills and personality. It was clear that the interviewers loved what they did, were passionate about it, and also considered it a privilege to work there as they were very choosy and particular though the screening process. Expectations were set for follow-up and the recruiter reached back out to set a follow-up call. The call was a bit interesting as it seemed that they were trying to talk me out of the role as they overdid the explanations of how hard Id work, how its a startup so we all take on a lot of responsibility, etc. Follow-through was excellent and I readily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions like "what would you do if you were on duty in the SOC and a call came in after hours from someone claiming to be the CIO of our largest client. He needed help urgently, but was not aware of the verification code that his subordinates use to authenticate. How would you handle it? What is your thought process?"   1 Answer
    • Diagram a standard security assessment process.   1 Answer
    • Tell me what you know about Rook? This also included what I knew about the person I'd be working for, and the positive and negative.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. The offer was straightforward and solid. There was some flexibility in a few key areas where there was give and take.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rook Security in March 2012.

Interview

My interview was pretty intense and hands on. He asked me my background essential for the position, and then asked me to write a WhitePaper to check if I am suitable for the position or not. It was probably one of the hardest interviews I have ever had but was probably on of the most interesting and hands on.