Rose International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rose International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.2

Workforce Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rose International in July 2017.

Interview

I got called by a recruiter who had a very think ethnic accent. English was clearly a second language. On the phone I couldn't understand him and it was clear he didn't understand me because he wouldn't respond to my comments he would just repeat himself. You will not recruit top talent this way. If I can't understand the person trying to interview me then it tells me this employer doesn't have their operations in order and are clearly not interested in top talent. It also tells me you don't actually value our conversation it sounds like you're using people as recruiting machines.

Interview Questions

• this is a 6 month position are you interested   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rose International (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I had expressed interest in an opportunity that was advertised on their website. After submitting my resume online, I was approached within 48 hours for a first round of screening. This screening was performed by an employee of Rose International who advised that the advertised opportunity was with a big insurance firm in New York. He informed me of the expected compensation, which was 35% below my current salary. Furthermore, the opportunity was a six month contract with the possibility of a full time offer thereafter.

I was interested in changing fields and thus, this seemed to be an ideal starting point, maybe even an opportunity to get my foot into the door at this large insurance firm. However, this is where the red flags began to pop up.

At first the recruiter and their supervisor maintained that this was a contract opportunity with a possibility of it leading to a full time offer. They encouraged me to pursue this further at the expense of my current job (full time with robust benefits and substantially higher pay). However, when i pressed the recruiter on previous occasions when the contracts have been extended or converted to full time offers, they deflected the question.

Things got a little more aggressive thereafter, instead of the recruiter, i began dealing with the recruiter's supervisor who either did not have good documentation or did not know that permanent residents and citizens do not require DHS authorization to seek employment. Furthermore, nothing developed on the process for a good 30 days, which is not extraordinary, but what is extraordinary is that thereafter, an interview was scheduled at short notice.

I asked to reschedule the interview, and requested that before I go out to meet the hiring manager (travel from another state), I wanted more details on the opportunity, and maybe a quick phone conversation before an in-person discussion. This request was denied. I was then chastised for reaching out to the hiring manager via LinkedIn!

Now, after much requesting, the best deal I could get was postponing the interview by one week, thus permitting me to make travel arrangements. Since this would have involved an overnight stay as well, I was looking at a considerable expense. However, as has been my experience with all previous opportunities, assistance with travel for the interview is provided by the hiring firm.

This is where the final and most critical red flag went up - I was told that the insurance firm with whom the contract is, does not reimburse candidates for expenses related to travel for the interview, but interestingly, the selected candidate would be an employee of Rose International, and not this insurance firm.

Thus, it would be incumbent upon Rose to reimburse candidates for the interview, or at the very least be more aware of the desired profile of the candidates wanted by the insurance firm so that Rose can then put forward only the best candidates. And finally, a little research revealed something very disturbing - the insurance firm in question, was shutting down operations at the location where this opportunity was. In fact, they had already sold their office space and were renting some space from the new owners. There were no actuaries on staff at this, soon to be abandoned, location, and neither was the hiring manager an actuary.

This whole affair just stank of exploitation. Rose was operation like a PEO but was not revealing that to potential candidates. Rose knew little to nothing about the opportunity and were very misleading.

I cancelled the interview. I will keep my higher pay, benefits, and the wisdom acquired from this experience - dont work with hacks like Rose International.

Interview Questions

• Nothing of relevant to share as the recruiter was an absolute philistine about what an actuary is or does. They knew nothing about the opportunity, and did little to no research into my background.   1 Answer

Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rose International.

Interview

Recruiter set up a phone interview with the company and it went well. I was in contact with 3 different people regarding the next step, which was an onsite with the company. After my onsite I never heard back from any of them. I finally reached out a few weeks after my interview and one of the recruiters told me the position wasn't a fit but that he wanted to submit me for another position. The new position sounded like a good fit, but I again never heard back from him after that conversation. Being in the recruiting profession I'm appalled by the lack of communication and professionalism by everyone I worked with at Rose International.

May 2, 2017

Thank you for your input. We would like to hear more about your experience. Please contact our Candidate Care Team at (636) 812-4000.

Phone Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rose International (Topeka, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a very personable phone interview. After that I had an interview at the site. Everyone at Rose has been phenomenal. Great support. Very helpful emails on preparing for the interview.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rose International in November 2016.

Interview

Conducted a phone screening for a 6 month contact position with one of their direct clients.
    After signing exclusively with them to apply for the position I was informed the company wanted to interview the next day, I gave them an open schedule to set it up but never heard from the Rose recruiter again about this position. Not even an update.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rose International in October 2016.

Interview

Very direct and professional
    The recruiter called me for an assignment. He reviewed my resume, offered helpful pointers and followed up. He was very persistent and helped me gain a great assignment with a great company.

Interview Questions

Rose International Response

Jan 4, 2017

Response: Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you had a good experience working with your Rose Recruiter. Remember, your Recruiter is always available to help you.

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rose International (Hartford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter for this position. After a short discussion, he wanted to have more questions answered. I was then sent to talk to his manager a day later, who asked me the same questions. I was then told that the former they required was not accurate and needed to be sent again.

At this point, I withdrew. A permanent position does not require as much as this contract position did.

Interview Questions

Rose International Response

Apr 28, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Rose conducts thorough interviews with all candidates to ensure that they meet the requirements of our available positions.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rose International (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Great process ~ phone interview with Rose then another with the Hiring Manager. The initial phone screen was easy. It was great establishing rapport with both the Recruiter and the Hiring Manager. I was kept up to date on the status of my application via email and was informed of the next steps in the process leading up to being hired.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my current employer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hourly rate was offered and I accepted.
    No negotiation.

Mar 24, 2016

Welcome to Rose! It’s great to hear that the interview process was a positive experience for you.

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rose International in March 2016.

Interview

Typical recruiter hustle. Rude and unprofessional. Had to find out from their client they selected another candidate. Person I was dealing with rejected my offer to connect on LinkedIn.

Advised them not to contact me for further opportunities. They don't see you as a person, and once it becomes apparent that you won't be generating billable hours for them in the near future, they act like you never existed.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. They told me I would be brought into the client straightaway due to my subject matter expertise.   Answer Question

Apr 12, 2016

We appreciate your feedback and would like to learn more about your experience. Please call our Candidate Care Team at (636) 812-4000.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rose International (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an colleague for this position to this company since they are the primary vendor for this client. There was a phone screen then to find out if I will be the right fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and why do think that you will be best fit for this position ?   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2017

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. If you have any questions during your assignment, don’t hesitate to contact your Rose Recruiter!