KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Rover.com Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 219 of over 219 interviews

Recruiter7%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Rover.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rover.com

Interview

The interviewers I met were nice and friendly. The interview questions were very realistic, testing real-world programming skills. The whole process was smooth and there were no unexpectedly delays or changes.

Interview Questions
  • General programming skills, test-driven development
    Answer Question

Rover.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rover.com

Interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rover.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rover.com

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR, and then a technical screen with an engineer. The technical screen involved doing some programming problems, with the caveat that you were not allowed to use any online resources, including language references. This seems like a great way to filter out candidates who don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the language functions they could be interacting with, which is potentially hundreds of possible functions. If that's what they want, then the process works, at least.

Interview Questions
  • What is a time you worked on a difficult project and what was the result?

Rover.com

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rover.com in Apr 2022

Interview

Initial interview with the department lead. Followed by two more in depth interviews with 2 people each interview. The interviews were well organised, with a friendly atmosphere. I received a mixture of easier as well as more in depth questions.

Interview Questions
  • Several questions related to how you would react in a certain situation or tackle a certain issue (i.e. stressful situations, workload, deadlines). I was asked to go in to the fine details of my answers and really explain myself. Some questions were aimed at finding out how I would fit with the company values.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rover.com (Barcelona) in Apr 2022

Interview

I'd say the interview process was similar to other tech companies with a portfolio review followed by a virtual on-site involving a design exercise and stakeholder meet-and-greets. The process was more efficient than some companies I've interviewed with and I felt like there was a concerted effort to convey the genuineness of the team and company mission. The recruiter was very communicative throughout the process and I can say with certainty that a report was built between the candidate and the hiring stakeholders. For so many companies, the candidate is just one of a number in a pool. Interviewing at Rover, I felt "special" and not just another body applying for an open role.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What interests you about the position/team/company?
  • Q: How do you work with a cross-functional stakeholder group?
  • Q: Have you used the product and, if so, what are your impressions?
  • Q: Walk me through your thinking in the design exercise. How did you arrive at the conclusions you made? What would you do differently if you had more time? How would you measure the success of your proposed design? What would you change if the time-to-deliver was reduced/increased?
  • Q: How do you use data to inform your design decisions?
  • Q: Tell me about a time you were really excited about work/really frustrated with work?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rover.com (Seattle, WA) in Mar 2022

Interview

Process: 1. Coding skills test (Python) - 60 min 2. Non-technical phone screen - 30 min 3. Take-home project - 3 hours 4. Onsite/remote interview - 2 hours Only got as far as the timed coding test via HackerRank. 3 problems to solve in 60 mins. Easy/medium, including 1 generate an API endpoint problem.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rover.com (Seattle, WA) in Mar 2022

Interview

La entrevista fue muy agradable y profesional, y las personas que me entrevistaron, cinco en total, me tranquilizaron por completo. Me dieron una imagen muy precisa de la empresa. Unos días después de la entrevista, me informaron inmediatamente sobre el estado de mi solicitud de empleo.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rover.com (Barcelona) in Mar 2022

Interview

Una primera entrevista con un team leader, en tres idiomas. Una prueba escrita en los mismos idiomas. Y una doble entrevista final, con un total de cuatro personas comunicándose conmigo a través de una reunión virtual.

Interview Questions
  • Preguntas sobre trabajos anteriores, situaciones complicadas para las cuales pude encontrar una solución, etc...

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rover.com (Barcelona) in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview went smoothly and I felt very comfortable during the whole process. The interviewers were super nice and patient and gave good and construtive feedback all the time which I really liked. I felt that they were interested in my answers and they all seemed very professional and were able to lead the conversation on right direction all the time. I

Interview Questions
  • They asked me relevant questions about different kind of situations that can appear when you work in the customer service field. There were also general questions that resulted in good conversations that gave them a picture how I am as a person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

Interview

Initial technical interview followed by phone interview, then a project and final interview. Initial technical is some hackerrank questions, then the behavioral over the phone. The behavioral last about 30 minutes with some time leftover for questions

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you didn’t complete an assignment and what was the result
Viewing 1 - 10 of 219 Interviews

Rover.com Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Rover.com as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.78 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Customer Experience Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Dog Walker roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Rover.com takes an average of 22 days when considering 242 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Data Scientist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Rover.com according to 242 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 29.75%

Work at Rover.com? Share Your Experiences

Rover.com logo

Rover.com Careers

Cover image for Rover.com

Rover.com® is the largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog walkers in the world. Serving pet parents across the U.S., Canada, and...More

• Careers
  • Awards
  • Perks

Company Updates

Logo

666 days ago

COVID-19
In these challenging times, we've been focused on supporting our community of pet owners and pet care providers through facilitating safe stays and offering information on best practices to keep everyone safe. During this time of uncertainty, we've seen unprecedented growth in dog and pet ownership. Working and being at home more than ever, people want to experience the unconditional love of a pet in their lives. We are excited about what's ahead and as committed to our mission as ever. Do you have a love of pets? Have you recently adopted, fostered, or gotten a dog, cat, or added another pet to your family? Or do you have a passion for making it possible for everyone to experience this love in their lives? If so, we'd love to hear from you! We're looking for a few dedicated people to join our team, and we hope you'll consider reviewing our open roles. We look forward to hearing from you!

Rover.com Photos

+ Add Photo
Rover.com photo of: Seattle Office Dog Play Area
Rover.com photo of: Rover Welcome Desk
Rover.com photo of: Rover Seattle Reception
Rover.com photo of: Rover Office
Rover.com photo of: Pack walk
Rover.com photo of: Pet sit a dog and cat
Rover.com photo of: Dog sitting