RubinBrown Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RubinBrown Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown.

Interview

1st interview on campus with 2 accountants. Very relaxed and conversational, nothing to stress. Received an email for an on-campus within a week that was scheduled 2 weeks later. 1:1 interview with a partner and another employee as well as a quick meeting with an HR rep. These interviews were friendly, but more professional and serious. It made you think whether you really were interested in doing accounting related work. Received a phone call 2 weeks later for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Q: What do you like about Saint Louis?
      Q: What excites you about RB/why this firm?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RubinBrown.

Interview

Applied through my university after the career fair. Got asked for an interview on campus that took about 35 minutes. Last 10 minutes or so was questions that I got to ask. No real difficult questions or curve balls. Spent much of the time just talking about what working at RubinBrown is like. The rest of the time was just talking about the work experience on my resume and explaining what I did at each place.

Business Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

First round took place on campus. Very laid back, conversational interview. Second round was 3 back-to-back interviews at RubinBrown's office, also conversational and laid back. Mostly just "get to know you" type questions, asking about my interests and why I was interested in advisory. I received an offer over the phone about a week after my second-round interview. All-in-all, pleasant experience interviewing with RubinBrown.

IT Audit Interview

Interview

As with, what seems to be, all public accounting firms the interview was very conversational. Don't stress too much, they'll either like you or not. Nothing you can do. If you try to answer the way you THINK they want you will come across as fake and a bad. So, they'll see you as bad fit. Just be your self.

Interview Questions

• What from your work history helps prepare you to be a cpa?   Answer Question

Audit Staff - First Year Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Clayton, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was on campus where I met an audit staff employee with a couple of years experience. It was very laid back, didn't receive a single question that didn't cover something on my resume. No behavioral questions. Got an invite for an office visit a couple of days later, and was scheduled to meet with four employees on a Friday (1 HR, 1 staff, manager, and partner).

After waiting 15 minutes past my first interview time (30 minutes total because I showed up early), I was greeted by an intern in place of who I was supposed to meet with who took me to the interview spot. The interview spot, along with all the other conference rooms were taken up, so the intern and I had to wait for one to be open. Once it opens, my initial interviewer shows up and we start. Like the on campus interview, it was very laid back and was just questioned about prior education and work experience. What was supposed to be a 30 minute interview turned into nearly an hour and a half because apparently the interview times had changed for the second and third interview (this was the second time it was changed since the initial scheduling). They decided to just throw an available manager into the interview after much confusion. Again, the interview portion went great, and I was given some behavioral questions at this point. Finally, this interview ends after about 45 minutes and the third interviewer is no where to be found. The second interviewer decided to give me a quick tour of the office and we stopped by the third interviewers office. Apparently, the schedule he was sent told him the meeting was at a later time. I was then walked back to the lobby and elevator entrance to leave. No rescheduling of the last interview, not even an apology.

The whole interview process at RubinBrown was by far the most uncoordinated, unprofessional experience I've witnessed among the 6+ firms I interviewed with in the St. Louis area. Although I immediately ruled them out, I still followed up and thanked them and began to wait to hear back. Two weeks go by with nothing, so I decided to send a message. I was given a deadline from other offers, and told RB when I needed to hear by no matter what the outcome. Although they confirmed they would get back to me, the deadline came and went and I accepted another offer. Two more weeks go by, and I finally receive back an answer after sending another message. Through reading other reviews on RB, it's clear they have a huge communication problem at this firm. Would not recommend applying with this firm! There are plenty of other options that provide a much better interview process!

Interview Questions

• Know your resume and how to talk about and explain everything on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview was very relaxed. Mainly they wanted to get to know you personally and were seeing if you would fit well in their work environment. I talked with HR first, then a staff accountant, a manager, and finally one other manager. Everyone was extremely nice and made sure you felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time/situation when someone or something let you down.   Answer Question

Audit First Year Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Made contact through campus recruiter. The process seemed relatively easy, and the interviewer was really nice. I am not sure if she liked me or not at all. After the interview, no updates or even a denial email were sent to let me know what was happening. Eventually I heard from other classmates that they had had second round of interviews a few days prior so that is how I finally found out my fate.

Entry Level Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Fort Collins, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school and did an on campus interview. I met with a senior audit manager that had been at the company for over 8 years. Overall the interview went really well, it was laid back and casual. The interview didn't seem to be very structured, the man interviewing me seemed to be coming up with questions as he went. Took about 5 weeks to hear anything back.

Business Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

1st interview was done on my university campus, pretty basic questions: strengths/weaknesses/5 year plan. Got an email scheduling 2nd interview in STL office. 2nd interview was EXTREMELY laid back. I was the best dressed one there, spoke with HR, and 2 managers, each was mostly just feeling out how I'd fit or like the company.

Interview Questions

• 2nd Interview:
      What do you do in your spare time?
      How do you like St. Louis?
      Why RubinBrown?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship = $21/hr set compensation rate. Take it or leave it.

Audit/Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied at college business job fair. Got asked to attend on campus interviews which were very laid back. Asked to come in for 2nd interview at the St. Louis office. This was even more laid back and met with a staff member, management level team member, as well as the campus recruiter. Very much conversation style interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you worked on in college that you are very proud of?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got an offer over the phone. I got a phone call a few days later that extended a better offer without asking for this opportunity!