RubinBrown Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.4

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied the position through campus. It took a week to process and I received an on campus interview. Very laid back and go through your resume and experience as well as some behavior questions. I received an email for the office interview next day. Second round is onsite, interviewed with HR for 15 min. Then interviewed with a partner and 2 managers for one hour and half. Also very conversational and a few behavior questions. They just want to know whether you fit RubinBrown or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time?
      Why RB?
    • Why RB?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation that you didn't achieve other's requirement.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on my schools career website. I then got a notification that I had an on campus interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes with one person. I received an email the next day that I did not get the internship.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

First round on campus, interviewed with 2 partners for 30 minutes.
    A week later, second round in house, first shortly talked with their HR for 15 mins, then 30 mins with a manager and a tax accountant, and at the end 30 mins with a partner and a manager.

Interview Questions

• Pick a project on your resume that you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown.

Interview

1st interview on campus with 2 accountants. Very relaxed and conversational, nothing to stress. Received an email for an on-campus within a week that was scheduled 2 weeks later. 1:1 interview with a partner and another employee as well as a quick meeting with an HR rep. These interviews were friendly, but more professional and serious. It made you think whether you really were interested in doing accounting related work. Received a phone call 2 weeks later for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Q: What do you like about Saint Louis?
      Q: What excites you about RB/why this firm?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RubinBrown.

Interview

Applied through my university after the career fair. Got asked for an interview on campus that took about 35 minutes. Last 10 minutes or so was questions that I got to ask. No real difficult questions or curve balls. Spent much of the time just talking about what working at RubinBrown is like. The rest of the time was just talking about the work experience on my resume and explaining what I did at each place.

Business Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

First round took place on campus. Very laid back, conversational interview. Second round was 3 back-to-back interviews at RubinBrown's office, also conversational and laid back. Mostly just "get to know you" type questions, asking about my interests and why I was interested in advisory. I received an offer over the phone about a week after my second-round interview. All-in-all, pleasant experience interviewing with RubinBrown.

IT Audit Interview

Interview

As with, what seems to be, all public accounting firms the interview was very conversational. Don't stress too much, they'll either like you or not. Nothing you can do. If you try to answer the way you THINK they want you will come across as fake and a bad. So, they'll see you as bad fit. Just be your self.

Interview Questions

• What from your work history helps prepare you to be a cpa?   Answer Question

Audit Staff - First Year Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Clayton, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was on campus where I met an audit staff employee with a couple of years experience. It was very laid back, didn't receive a single question that didn't cover something on my resume. No behavioral questions. Got an invite for an office visit a couple of days later, and was scheduled to meet with four employees on a Friday (1 HR, 1 staff, manager, and partner).

After waiting 15 minutes past my first interview time (30 minutes total because I showed up early), I was greeted by an intern in place of who I was supposed to meet with who took me to the interview spot. The interview spot, along with all the other conference rooms were taken up, so the intern and I had to wait for one to be open. Once it opens, my initial interviewer shows up and we start. Like the on campus interview, it was very laid back and was just questioned about prior education and work experience. What was supposed to be a 30 minute interview turned into nearly an hour and a half because apparently the interview times had changed for the second and third interview (this was the second time it was changed since the initial scheduling). They decided to just throw an available manager into the interview after much confusion. Again, the interview portion went great, and I was given some behavioral questions at this point. Finally, this interview ends after about 45 minutes and the third interviewer is no where to be found. The second interviewer decided to give me a quick tour of the office and we stopped by the third interviewers office. Apparently, the schedule he was sent told him the meeting was at a later time. I was then walked back to the lobby and elevator entrance to leave. No rescheduling of the last interview, not even an apology.

The whole interview process at RubinBrown was by far the most uncoordinated, unprofessional experience I've witnessed among the 6+ firms I interviewed with in the St. Louis area. Although I immediately ruled them out, I still followed up and thanked them and began to wait to hear back. Two weeks go by with nothing, so I decided to send a message. I was given a deadline from other offers, and told RB when I needed to hear by no matter what the outcome. Although they confirmed they would get back to me, the deadline came and went and I accepted another offer. Two more weeks go by, and I finally receive back an answer after sending another message. Through reading other reviews on RB, it's clear they have a huge communication problem at this firm. Would not recommend applying with this firm! There are plenty of other options that provide a much better interview process!

Interview Questions

• Know your resume and how to talk about and explain everything on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview was very relaxed. Mainly they wanted to get to know you personally and were seeing if you would fit well in their work environment. I talked with HR first, then a staff accountant, a manager, and finally one other manager. Everyone was extremely nice and made sure you felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time/situation when someone or something let you down.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RubinBrown (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was on-campus interview- basic interview questions, behavioral, interests, resume walk through, why you are interested in RubinBrown, not too bad at all. Got called for a second round at their office in Clayton- talked with a partner for about 30 minutes, very relaxed environment, mostly questions about me, went over parts of resume again. Got a call less than a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in RubinBrown?   1 Answer
    • Are you planning on getting your CPA?   1 Answer