Russell Stover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.8

Trade Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Stover (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Process started with phone screen with internal recruiter. Next stage was a series of face-to-face interviews at their HQ in Kansas City with key stakeholders. Process lasted half a day plus lunch. They also arranged for a tour of the city (through a tour company) to familiarize me with the local areas.
    Interviews were standard mix of skill-based questions and a few behavioral ones, in a friendly atmosphere.
    All deadlines were adhered to and the process & arrangements were smooth. Slight hiccup in expense reimbursement. Followed up after deadline of 2 weeks to be informed that they had decided to go with other candidates. Received positive feedback on reasons why.

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corsicana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Russell Stover (Corsicana, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was short and sweet, around ten minutes or so.
    Had to wait on the guy who interviewed before me to finish his drug test before I could begin. Waited for about fifteen minutes.
    Lady who interviewed took her time, was slightly awkward.
    Drug test was conducted on site and picture was taken for photo ID security badge.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Russell Stover (Abilene, KS).

Interview

Pretty easy. Applied, got a call a couple of days after it. Had an interview with the plant manager. It went pretty good on my opinion, they said they were going to call me in a week. After more than 2 weeks I called the HR department, no one was able to give me any information about the next steps in the process or if they were not considering me for them. Left my number but they never called back. Called again a few days after, again the same situation, never heard back from them. I thought they were a 'better' company since acquired by Lindt. They showed how unprofessional they are and honestly I would not work for a company that leaves you in the limbo and can't even tell you something concrete so you know when to stop wasting your time waiting for a call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Stover (Miami, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

About a week after I applied I had a phone interview. I had never done a phone interview before so I was nervous, but it was a breeze.

A week later, I was called back for a face to face interview scheduled for the next day. He stressed that part of the duties was setting up displays and being able to drive throughout the local territory. In my last position, I handled up to 100lb displays which I set up ad broke down by myself, and I traveled throughout the country. I let him know this, but he seemed concerned if I would be able to handle the lifting and travel requirements and brought it up about three times during our interview and kept asking if that scared me.

I'm not sure if his uncertainty is the reason I did not get the job, regardless, he was courteous and I appreciate that the original person who did my phone interview called to let me know I did not get the position. There was to be a third face to face with a third individual, but I did not make it that far in the interview process.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Russell Stover (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

First, HR called to ask some basic questions. Then, went for an in-person interview where it lasted about 2 hours, and I met with about 4 different people at separate times.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Russell Stover (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Salaried positions are not advertised. Hourly positions are posted everywhere. Only one interview with the supervisor - none with HR beyond testing. Questions were very general- nothing to determine suitability. The phone call with the offer came less than ten minutes after leaving the building. I was pressured to accept or decline the offer imediately - when I asked for a few minutes, I was told they would consider that a decline and would move on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Russell Stover (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Received a phone screen that went very well and was called by the district manager the next day.

I waited one week for the interview that was very comfortable and went very well. At the end, he asked me if I would like to schedule a job shadow next week to make sure I felt comfortable taking the job. I of course said yes and we left.

3 weeks went by without a word so I reached out. I received an email stating that they still had other interviews. 2 more weeks went by and I received a letter in the mail that they had decided to continue there search.

Most awkward post interview of my life.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for the job?

Would you be bored with this job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Stover (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

We met at a Dallas hotel restaurant around 8 am where the smell of bacon was very distracting. I had to fill out all the paperwork that was previously done online. There were 2 people one was a regional manager, and I can't remember the others title. They had the usual questions where they want examples of how you handle certain situations in the past. They explained the process afterwards the next steps and so on. I fill like I really wowed them, but have heard nothing in a month.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Russell Stover (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very well organized and scheduled. I was greeted on time, spent some time with the recruiter to get acclimated and ready for the day and then had 3 discussions with marketing staff - including peers who gave me great insights into what it was like to work here.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my creativity, passion and drive   1 Answer

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Stover (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

I was briefly interviewed by the position's department manager, then a longer conversation with the position's immediate supervisor followed up by two different teams of three people each within the department (people who work closely with this position) whereupon they asked varied questions regarding my background, experience, education and overall familiarity with the industry.

Interview Questions

• What are your most applicable skills for this position?   Answer Question