Rust-Oleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.4

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rust-Oleum (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Invited to interview after attending career fair. Received a call later that evening with a time and place to meet. Met at the interview place and interviewed for about a half hour.

Senior Position Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rust-Oleum.

Interview

Met with HR for a phone screen and then the hiring manager. Very friendly, professional, clear in the process, etc. All was good. Nice people. I sent thank you notes but no response after another follow up. Completely blew me off despite all the time all of us put into it. Just kept me in the dark.

Interview Questions

• Big challenge, big success, what are you seeking in your next position.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rust-Oleum.

Interview

Applied online for a position over a month ago. Eventually received an email from a HR personal requesting a day/time to conduct a call to discuss the opportunity. Replied to HR personal fairly fast and proposed several day/time options, but never heard back.

After about a week replied to HR personal’s original email again following up. A day later, the HR personal replies stating that she is overwhelmed with work and she forgot to reply back to my response.

Replied to HR personal withdrawing my application. Based on what other people have posted on GD and the way HR personal responded, I felt the organization is an absolute mess.

Product Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rust-Oleum.

Interview

Was a very long interview- took a long time to hear back about the position.HR had called back after about a month then had asked if there were any questions- Asked about the position and they said thats why they were calling- Slightly confusing.

Interview Questions

• was asked to explain the best moment of my career as well as my worst, luckily I was comfortable with the interviewer and was able to give a real answer and be open and honest with them.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rust-Oleum in September 2014.

Interview

-Applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later for a phone screen with HR.
    -Easy phone screen where I was asked about work history and told somewhat about the position but very vague about salary for some reason. After the phone screen HR will tell you about a "homework assignment" that you need to complete for the next step. I'm not kidding....
    -You find out the homework assignment is to create a video about "what motivates you?" and send it in. At this point you'll probably be scratching your head and wondering what you've gotten yourself into here and why they don't just facebook friend you and have you make a youtube video on graffiti with their paint or something.
    -Phone interview with hiring manager that's very easy and straightforward and just went over my background and the position. Here's where it went off the rails for me....The manager said he was impressed with my experience and was definitely inviting me to a face to face interview the following week and told me to clear my schedule because I would be getting call asap to schedule my trip from HR and get me flown out. He was emphatic about this....Then I heard nothing for a week until I emailed HR to find out what was going on and was immediately sent a form turndown email. The manager I interviewed with would not return my call and that was all I heard from them.
    -Never again...Total waste of time, lies, weirdo video, and non responsive after they shut you out of the loop after lying to you. I will recommend fellow colleagues NOT to apply here.

Interview Questions

• None...Just know your resume and make it relate to the position. It's DIY sales....   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rust-Oleum (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a very straightforward Interview process. I checked-in with the Receptionist and waited for my interviewer. Once my interviewer arrived, he showed me around the lab and introduced me to the other workers. Then, I went to his office where he asked me questions about myself and previous work. I was also interviewed by his colleague. Everyone was very fun. Very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not have one

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rust-Oleum (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

HR manager was about 15 minutes late for the interview. Met with HR Manager for about 45 minutes to cover the basic questions. I was then handed off to the Engineering manager who asked some more job-specific questions.

I was then given a tour of the full facility by the engineering manager. After the tour, we returned to his office and talked for another 30 minutes. The interview seemed to go well. The Engineering manager told me that he would like me to come back the following week to meet with a couple of other people. He said that they would call me to schedule the meeting the following week.

As it got to be later into the following week, and I still had not been contacted, I sent a polite email to the Engineering Manager asking for a status update. I received no reply and never heard from them again.

I consider the Manager's failure to respond to my polite inquiry to be a very rude and unprofessional way to treat a candidate. Overall, the interview process was very unstructured. I was surprised that a company with such a huge brand name operates like a rather small company.

Interview Questions

• I really don't recall being asked any particularly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rust-Oleum (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Excellent process - had an initial phone interview with Executive. Followed up with in person interviews at the corporate location with other team members.

Digital Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rust-Oleum (Vernon Hills, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Rust-Oleum's corporate office is very nice. Management wasn't confident or clear in the interview process. There were five interviews. First, over the phone. Next was coming into the office. Third, interview again with same manager followed by Sr. Director, and then VP of Marketing.

Negotiation

Pay range of $35,000 -$45,000