S.P. Richards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

1.9

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S.P. Richards (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They take you in the office speak to you about your goals and such walking around the warehouse showing you all the things they do and if you are a order selector or a stand up lift operator the check your knowledge on it and then give you a chance

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a warehouse before?   1 Answer

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at S.P. Richards (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It all started off with phone screen with the manager of the department. That seemed to go very well so they asked me to come in for a F2F interview. I went in a few days later and met the manager and a member of the team I would be working with and they seemed like they would be a good group to join. The projects they described appeared to be challenging. Then came the HR meeting. This was the only problem I encountered is that HR seemed to treat me like I were a robot or an automaton. I really felt like I was being processed in a factory like something rolling off the assembly line. I half way expected to hear them yell "next" as I exited the building. That experience alone had me pass on the job. I feel like there are just too many IT jobs to get stuck in a job where HR treats employees like this.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were reasonable and in line with what I expected for the position.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at S.P. Richards (Smyrna, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview with 4 people. Each person had a different role on the team, so it was a nice variety. Questions were typical - give me an example of when you... The people I interviewed with were very nice. The technical person was very knowledgeable and asked good questions about skills. It seemed it would be a good place to work, but when probing about the technical environment, it appeared to be very outdated. One of their projects had been going on for 5 years and still hadn't been delivered. When asked about processes in place, there didn't seem to be a methodology or best practices for software development.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at S.P. Richards (Smyrna, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very quick process of him asking about my past schooling and other extracurricular activities. Did not have a ton of experience at the time so it was mostly about selling myself.

Merchandise Locator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S.P. Richards in June 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview about a month after filling out the initial application online. The interview had very basic questions like where did I work previously and responsibilities concerning the positions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at S.P. Richards (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume with a cover letter via mail and I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview was short, basic, and I got an offer and started the job within a few weeks.

Order Filler Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S.P. Richards (North Indianapolis, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

Typical interview questions that you face with any job. Name a time you did this, a time when you did that, and how were you a leader. Then, they tell you about the job, what the pay is, and ask if you are comfortable with your shift.

Interview Questions

• You do understand that if you call off you will be fired, correct?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. the starting pay was $11.65 an hour

Order Filler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S.P. Richards in June 2012.

Interview

Standard phone call for interview, very timely. Interview consisted of standard questions such as what are you doing right now, why do you want the job and what pay do you want. Outside of the standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S.P. Richards (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

I have worked with this company for quite awhile doing the multiple duties that the warehouse has. When the previous supervisor was fired, the company started teaching me the a lot of the duties of the supervisor position. I worked my butt off and learned a lot of new stuff just to be let down by the GM saying "the outside competition is tough". Come to find out they brought in a new person from the outside. I feel like i was a horse with a carrot dangling in front of me. The management here has always talked about the great oppurtunities in the company, and yet they would rather bring someone else in with no experience in the company or years of hard work put in. It is very frustrating and i don't think the upper management know what these kind of decisions make the employees think of them.

Interview Questions

• In terms of company profit what ideas could i bring forth to raise the profit.   1 Answer
    • The GM asked several unrelated questions off the topic about my schooling, and then went on in detail how he had to move so the GM at the warehouse he used to work at could keep himself planted where he was.   1 Answer

Order Puller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at S.P. Richards (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Easy questions, review of past job history. Drug screen, background check and a 1 on 1 interview. Worked with my schedule to get the interview in. Very professional. Made me welcome from the first second on site.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer