SANDOW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2017

2.8

Web Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SANDOW (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fast, and they seemed interested at first until they asked me to do a small test for them. After I completed the test, they had scheduled another interview for me to meet the rest of the team but ended up declining on me twice at last minute about schedule conflicts, etc.

I thought that was a bit rude and a waste of my time, and it kind of gave me a sense that they probably treat their employers with no real respect.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SANDOW (Boca Raton, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with one of the editors first, for about thirty minutes. She then had me meet with the editor-in-chief, who then passed me on to a third employee to interview with. I was told that the next step would be to come in to complete some testing and that they were interested in me. I sent a follow up thank you email which was never responded to.

Freelance Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SANDOW (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

This interview was pretty straight forward. This was a temporary job so the interview process was fairly informal. My interviewer had to get back to doing tasks for work, so it was fairly short. She was very nice, and asked me enough to know I was nice and capable of doing this job.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SANDOW (Independence, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called rather early, but was left a mellow and direct voicemail.
    When I called back I specifically asked what the job was. I gave an example of what I was not looking for, the response was rather cryptic, even miss leading. In the end doing more research and reading reviews, this company is exactly what they said they weren't.

Interview Questions

• They ask all the basic questions. Are you interested in growing, working with fun energetic people... So on.   1 Answer

After going through reviews, you can tell ever positive feed back was forced. Why would any one in there right mind want to work for a company that pressures their employees to write good reviews so they can con more people into coming in.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SANDOW (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Process was very dragged out with little communication in between several rounds of interviews. Two phone interviews, followed by in person interviews with several employees. Then brought back again to meet with more employees. Was never given feedback or follow up afterwards. Company seemed flashy but very disorganized.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SANDOW (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Quick and to the point. The were on top of checking portfolio and references ahead of time so when it came time for the in person interview is was more them telling you about the position to make sure it was a fit for me as well as them. They asked a few questions about what I've done at past jobs and what I'd like to learn if available. A week or two later they called back with an offer, a low offer that they would not budge on, but I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What programs I'm most comfortable working in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SANDOW (Golden, CO) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was arranged through a recruiter over the phone. The manager and a senior developer were both on the call which took a little over an hour. They ask a lot of questions from basic to complex, technical to non-technical, experience, environment, teamwork, accomplishments, etc. It was certainly thorough.

Things later progressed to an in-person interview which was quite basic - primarily getting to know the team, learn how they operate, and ask questions. It was pretty intimidating coming in but you can tell that the team is very knowledgeable and they only want the best.

Interview Questions

• My greatest challenges. I gather they will ask you technical questions in whatever line of questioning until they can see where you start to struggle. They want to see what your limits are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was predetermined and that was made clear up front. They were seeking someone to fill a specific role. There was no room for negotiation but it was clear up-front what they were offering.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SANDOW (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with CFO on the phone and then went in to meet with Creative Director and owner of the company. Was given a tour of the facilities. Found the owner to be very meticulous and sharp. His Creative Director was friendly and bright. Facilties were modern and up-to-date. Appearances seemed of critical importance. Naturally I sent the thank you for your interview to the parties I interviewed with, but I never heard anything back from them.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I'd correctly perform press checks for them based upon compliants they'd had with a current printer. I couldn't tell/see the problems that they pointed out. It seemed to me let they weren't being realistic about what expected.   1 Answer