SDLC Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SDLC Partners Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.4

PM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SDLC Partners.

Interview

You will get a brief phone interview followed by an in person. You will speak to HR, another PM, and possibly a manager. Questions are general and as long as you don't bomb the interview you will be given a position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all very general. I dont even think anything PMBOK related was asked.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Straight forward. Behavioral questions were asked in all the 3 rounds of discussions. It took almost 4 weeks overall. They mainly take initial rounds on phone and then call the candidates for face to face.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SDLC Partners (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview lasted about half an hour. I was asked behavioral questions, why I was interviewing, and what I expected from the company. Interviewed with two people, one asking me the questions and the other telling me about the role of the job and what I would be doing.

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SDLC Partners (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I was emailed after applying online and scheduled to do a phone interview. I then did a phone interview that was followed by a skills assessment test online. I was emailed again to schedule another phone interview with behavior/scenario questions as well as a face to face interview with two separate people

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time I had to work with a very short deadline.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SDLC Partners.

Interview

I had an interview with a couple of people including one of the partners. They asked me if I had any other jobs where I was interviewing or considering, this might be a typical practice here during an interview. I was honest and told them the company name that I had an interview with the next day and they asked me if it was with a particular hiring director and I said yes. The next day I went on an interview with that other company and the hiring director asked me why I was interviewing with him if I was currently employed at SDLC. I told him I wasn't employed by them I just had an interview with them the other day. I asked him where he got that information and he mentioned that the partner from SDLC called him and told him I was employed with them. Luckily I was hired by the other company, but I question the ethics of SDLC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the projects that you've run, what was the budget, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a project that failed?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict, how would you handle a team member that doesn't agree with the decision that you've made?   Answer Question

The company culture was not the right fit for me.

IT Consultant/Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SDLC Partners (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I have applied online on September, they supplied an online assessment and then an onsite interview. There are two rounds for onsite interview, one is for manager, another is technical. They said they would have feedback in 24 to 48 hours, but I didn't get the result for one month. And the first time hr replied my email, but until now he didn't reply me again when I sent two emails.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SDLC Partners (Pitts, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter, scheduled an interview, and interviewed with one other person before answering a few more questions from the recruiter that I had been in contact with up until that point. The initial part of the interview process followed a conversational format where my answers often led into the next question and the interviewer included information on personal experience and insights.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to prioritize responsibilities. How did you decide in what order you would complete your tasks?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SDLC Partners (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter responded immediately after application. Asked to take the online assessment test within one week. Later there was an in-person interview followed by client interview. Recruiter and manager were good. Typically they will not call back unless most interested on profile. Negotiate well to keep an upper hand do not give up on negotiation. Has good clients and placement happens faster.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain your software automation testing experience?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SDLC Partners (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

This is the most ridiculous interview process I have ever come across. The questions during the interview was pretty simple. I received a call letting me know that they are extending an offer to me. It is very hard to get to folks in Human Resources. They pretend like they are working for NASA! All calls will be redirected to voice mails and will never be returned.

Usually HR guys are pretty friendly during the interview process. But not at SDLC. When they don't have the basic decency on how to treat people, reply to email and voice mails, I am pretty sure the experience with them once you join isn't going to be different.

If by any change you have to interview with this company, be prepared to be mistreated.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SDLC Partners (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I gained access to the company through networking and had 2 telephone screening interviews initially, one with a senior level manager and one with a recruiter. Both telephone interviews were positive experiences, no tricks, just the expected attempt to understand my skills and knowledge/interest in the company. A second telephone conversation with the recruiter was focused more on making arrangements for face-to-face 1:1 interviews with 2 direct managers and a project manager. The company offered and paid for an overnight stay in preparation for the face-to-face interviews due to the distance I needed to travel. The face-to-face meetings were less than 1 hour with each interviewer, for a total of less than 3 consecutive hours. The experience was very positive overall and there were no "games played" during the interview process, although I did feel a bit like there was a good guy/bad guy approach -- understandable when interviewing/applying for a client facing project management position. Overall, it was apparent to me that this company has very intelligent and dedicated employees and everyone I interacted with during the interview process made every attempt to help me feel comfortable during the interview process.