SGS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2018

2.5

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Applied online and that day asked to schedule a phone interview. A few days after the phone screening I was called for on site interview. The manager and other interviewers were very polite. They showed me around the lab.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGS (Dayton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

made you wait 30 min for interview. Hr was very nice and Friendly. Manager was nice but after a year no raise or anything. short term company learn and apply other places because they dont want to keep good tech cz they have to pay them better. care more about quantity of wORK AND NOT QUALITY.

Interview Questions

• are you flexible for different shift   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SGS (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Some questions about my resume, tour of facilities. Very basic. No discussion about salary should've been a warning sign about how low their pay is. Everyone was nice enough, though I didn't feel like they were all that happy.

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SGS (Lincolnshire, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter,and the recruiter called me to tell me they were interested in interviewing me right the next day. Wasn't asked too many difficult question, no star questions. One of the interviewers was weird and kind of a bully, I had no work experience and only had research experience in college, so he kept saying I wasn't fit for the job because it wasn't a research position. The hiring manager asked me what I was trying to do by pursuing an M.S. in Bioengineering after a B.S. in Biochemistry, she asked "were you trying to get into med school or what". Kind of a weird question to ask. Weird experience overall, especially since I didn't have much interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background or experience related to the things I showed you in the lab.   Answer Question

Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SGS in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted through contract company for interview at lab location, no details were given to me before interview except contract hourly pay and hours. Lab tour first then interview with 3 managers. They asked a few basic technical questions based off my chemistry internship experience, then it got kinda quiet so before it got awkward I started asking questions about the work environment and training process. They must have liked my initiative because I got a call back the next week to start asap.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations available - contract to hire is flat rate. No matter your experience your job title determines your pay.

Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

I contacted an employee of the business and gave him a resume to hand off to management. I scheduled an interview. The interview was not difficult. It was a family owned company that was recently purchased by a multi-national corporation. Their questions were not very insightful or difficult. The interview included a tour of their facility

Negotiation

They made the offer and there was no room for negotiation.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Rose, LA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SGS (Saint Rose, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I did not have an official interview because I had worked for them before; my phone interview only gauged a few softball questions about current status. It was easy to determine from their questions why they were losing employees regularly.

Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SGS in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and an interview was set up via email. On the day of the interview, the recruiter never called or answered my phone call or responded with a follow-up to my email. I understand an emergency could occur but please have someone follow-up with me after a few days.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer never called on the date they said they would call. I called and emailed and the interviewer never responded. I still don't know what happened and why they cancelled it without calling or emailing me. I was disappointed they never followed up. I saved the email so I know I had the information correct for the interview date and time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGS (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was all done over the phone. I was asked about my past experience, my ability to work alone and My reliability. I was hired after the one phone interview as an independent contractor.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with "recruiter". Not very knowledgeable. She sounded rushed and didn't know much about the car business or how inspections went. She read from a script and couldn't answer any of my initial questions but said someone would be able to if i made it to the next step. Not a good feeling from anyone or any part of it.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have you done on cars?
      Have you traveled for work before?   Answer Question