SGS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2018

2.5

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Applied online and that day asked to schedule a phone interview. A few days after the phone screening I was called for on site interview. The manager and other interviewers were very polite. They showed me around the lab.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGS (Dayton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

made you wait 30 min for interview. Hr was very nice and Friendly. Manager was nice but after a year no raise or anything. short term company learn and apply other places because they dont want to keep good tech cz they have to pay them better. care more about quantity of wORK AND NOT QUALITY.

Interview Questions

• are you flexible for different shift   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SGS (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Some questions about my resume, tour of facilities. Very basic. No discussion about salary should've been a warning sign about how low their pay is. Everyone was nice enough, though I didn't feel like they were all that happy.

Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SGS in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted through contract company for interview at lab location, no details were given to me before interview except contract hourly pay and hours. Lab tour first then interview with 3 managers. They asked a few basic technical questions based off my chemistry internship experience, then it got kinda quiet so before it got awkward I started asking questions about the work environment and training process. They must have liked my initiative because I got a call back the next week to start asap.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations available - contract to hire is flat rate. No matter your experience your job title determines your pay.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Rose, LA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SGS (Saint Rose, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I did not have an official interview because I had worked for them before; my phone interview only gauged a few softball questions about current status. It was easy to determine from their questions why they were losing employees regularly.

Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SGS in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and an interview was set up via email. On the day of the interview, the recruiter never called or answered my phone call or responded with a follow-up to my email. I understand an emergency could occur but please have someone follow-up with me after a few days.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer never called on the date they said they would call. I called and emailed and the interviewer never responded. I still don't know what happened and why they cancelled it without calling or emailing me. I was disappointed they never followed up. I saved the email so I know I had the information correct for the interview date and time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with "recruiter". Not very knowledgeable. She sounded rushed and didn't know much about the car business or how inspections went. She read from a script and couldn't answer any of my initial questions but said someone would be able to if i made it to the next step. Not a good feeling from anyone or any part of it.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have you done on cars?
      Have you traveled for work before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGS (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was all done over the phone. I was asked about my past experience, my ability to work alone and My reliability. I was hired after the one phone interview as an independent contractor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SGS.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was late for one of the phone interviews and I had to call the HR department to locate him. Face to face interview with hiring manager and his administrative assistant. Met with lab people, tour of the lab, interviewed with other insignificant people within the lab.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager did most of the talking and hardly asked any questions. They asked if I was willing to travel and how I go about building relationships.   Answer Question

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview with the geomarket manager, and the director of industrial operations, and we met in the hotel and it was faster and i had explain the operations, and all my life and career aspects that i had during the past years, I think they were impress, however the business of this company was not good and the previous management, was handling bad, and they have too many issues.but the process was easy with them and they give me what i want but i think it was not good decision changing from SLB, in any case im looking for better company or I want to go back to SLB.