SGS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.5

Automotive Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGS (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview proces went smoothly. The phone calls from HR and the recruiter were handled at the appointed times. The process took a couple of days. It was done a lttle quicker than I expected. But it was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any experience working on cars? Would I mind being exposed to the weather?   Answer Question

Laborato Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at SGS.

Interview

From applying to the actual interview was over six months. There were two interviews, one was a getting to know you type interview while the second one was more technical. Over a month from the offer to actually start date. Extremely delayed process and not updated very often.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGS (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

The interview process consist of a phone screening, and an onsite in person interview.
    You will have the chance to meet up with the hiring manager, and the team if all goes well on the phone interview. HR person is extremely nice and polite. The hiring manager is also very nice and helpful with answering all my questions. However, I thought her colleague was quite rude. My answers were keep getting cut off. I dont think I would want to work for him even this job pays me 20k more than what I am making now...

Interview Questions

• Work experiences
      Work style
      Are you team oriented?
      Why are you looking to leave?   Answer Question

Automotive Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SGS in March 2017.

Interview

The process is easy and the interview was a good no pressure experience .The called on the exact time and date and lasted about 45 minutes they want to make sure you are aware off all the driving you will be doing they did not have a good response for the way you get reimbursed for mileage they have a proven formula for payment but could not answer a simple question of how much per mile which means they properly they don't pay much

Interview Questions

• Easy questions you might drive up to 200 miles per day also work overtime and Saturday   1 Answer

Off Lease Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SGS (Wichita, KS).

Interview

A one sided phone call asking about my experience. That was it. HR called first saying that a manager would call. That was months after I applied. Then the manager called wanting background information. Its was very brief with little to no information about the job or any details. Just a your hired. Then a long series of emails that didn't make any sense.

Field Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SGS in January 2017.

Interview

This was the most impersonal, disorganized interview I have ever experienced. The woman behind the desk brought me into another room for an "interview" where I was expecting someone to be waiting, but instead she proceeded to give me a 5 minute synopsis of the job at another desk and didn't ask a single question about my work ethic or anything on my resume. I struggled to find things to say and keep the interview going, and just when I thought it was time to go, she asks, "So do you want the job?" Major red flag. Either they can't keep anyone in this position or they can't find anyone else to take it. It was a terrible first impression and I turned it down.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was very confusing and nothing but lies. I was told there would be regular pay raises, that was a lie. I was told I would get a car allowance, that was a lie. I was told my work area would be within 15 miles of home except when other inspectors were out, that was a lie... nothing but deception.

Interview Questions

• Was I ok with a lower pay as long as I got the car allowance to make up for it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Again, nothing but lies. I was duped and I can't quit until I find a new job.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SGS in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. 5 days later, received a call to set up on site interview. Interview was 3 days later. Received offer the next day.

Laid back, relaxed interview with department manager and general manager, along with a tour. Mainly asking about my experience and a couple "tell me about a time when" questions. Overall, good interview.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asking about my experience and telling me about the job itself.   Answer Question

Invoicing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SGS in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process here seems very chaotic. Weeks after applying I was emailed to schedule a phone interview. I sent my availability and it came and went with no call. I sent further availability and was later called by a different person to arrange the phone interview. The phone interview was fine but consisted of all typical interview questions. Weeks later I was called to attend an in person interview. This was with two other employees and was a casual chat with very few questions. I was told I would hear back one way or the other the next day but did not. After a week passed I emailed to check on the position and was met with a very unprofessional email that said they were going to interview for two more weeks and let me know at another certain date. The second date also came and went with no word on the position.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SGS (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Applied online and that day asked to schedule a phone interview. A few days after the phone screening I was called for on site interview. The manager and other interviewers were very polite. They showed me around the lab.