SHRM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SHRM Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SHRM.

Interview

Generally, very slow. I now know that about 50% of it is due to the consensus culture within, which requires that everyone must agree with one decision. They much prefer to do panel interviews. Panel interviews help to divide risk.

Meeting Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SHRM (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

My interview experience was very good - I had three interviews: First with HR, Then the line manager, and finally - the director. They was not a lot of time between interviews and HR was great at keeping things moving along.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SHRM (Alexandria, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Application - 2 weeks wait - Scheduled Call with Recruiter - 1 week wait - Scheduled In Person Interview with Hiring Manager (C-level)

Although positive at the begining - ultimately I NEVER heard back from them - not even via an automated rejection letter. As a HUMAN RESOURCES ORGANIZATION I expected SHRM to model the behavior you expect from the community they service and TEACH. Not to mention that at a point I was asked the year I graduated High School -obviously not pertinent to the discussion as the role requied at least a College Degree, so it was rather a clever way to ask an illegal question.
    VERY DISSAPOINTING - to say the least!

Interview Questions

• Past Experiences, ability to work through problems, HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION DATE?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SHRM (Alexandria, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process with minimal communication from application submission to interview. Multiple interviews with positive impression of being moved forward, with no follow up response to my request for why I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for SHRM?   1 Answer

Diversity Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SHRM (Alexandria, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Agreed to meet for an informal pre-interview, which was much more like a formal interview than I expected. I felt like the situation was poorly handled in general, and decided not to pursue the position further, considering they are an HR organization.

Interview Questions

• What do you want your salary to be? What is it currently?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SHRM.

Interview

Interviewed with four separate people - the recruiter, two directors, and chief. The recruiter called anda asked me to come in. It was set within two weeks. The entire interview with all four lasted about 1.5 hours. I had to take an assessment online called the Predictive Index. This was part of the hiring process.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SHRM (Alexandria, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by an HR generalist a couple of weeks later for a phone screening interview. I then had an in-person interview with an SVP. The meeting went very well, and the SVP informed me that nothing in my background was a concern being a fit for the role. I had high hopes in moving to the next level of the interview process (three-panel interview). The HR specialist notified me that they would follow-up in a week. When I did not hear from them, I emailed and got an immediate reply that they were still interviewing other candidates and that they were going to make final decisions the following week. It has been over a week, so I am assuming that I did not move on to the next step. The HR generalist mentioned during the screening interview that they give interview feedback to all candidates, so I hope they do follow through on their promise.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SHRM (Alexandria, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Long and tedious interview process that took over 3 months. First was a phone interview with a recruiter that was rescheduled several times, then an on-site that was extremely awkward and rushed, it felt like an interrogation, then a job preview. At this point, if I'm being asked to put so much time and effort in the process, one would think an offer was pending. Nope. Very misleading. Complete waste of time only to receive a canned rejection email weeks later. Impersonal, tacky and a waste of my valuable time.

Global Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SHRM (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Initially had a 15-minute long phone interview then got a call a week later to come in for an in-person interview. About half an hour before, while I was on my way to the interview they called me to let me know that they decided to hold off hiring for that position. I was pretty disappointed. The whole interview process up to that point took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a problem at work and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Senior Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SHRM (Alexandria, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

After submitting the online application, I was contacted via email to set up a time for the first stage. The phone interview was a 30 minute conversation with someone from HR. She very quickly identified that we were on the same page in terms of salary expectations. This discussion was very general. I was then invited to be interviewed by the hiring manager and the director of that work group. Each of these meetings were 1:1, approximately an hour each, discussing more specific aspects of the work their team is responsible for and exploring in more detail my personal work experience. There was an easy balance struck between traditional interview questions (tell me about a difficult project), questions that explored my experiences, and discussion of the responsibilities of the position.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of detailed questions asked about SPSS processes.
      i.e., What is the first thing you do when looking at a new data set?   Answer Question