SIUE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SIUE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.4

Interview

I had one interview that was short but it was with one person. I also talked to the research professor and other people that worked for the university. It was an easy job but it took too long to get the offer. These people had little work and really did nothing.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SIUE.

Interview

One phone interview with the Dean's assistant and one in person interview with both the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and his administrative assistant. Both interviews were fairly straightforward and easy. They really just wanted to make sure you would work hard and be there on time.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I received an email from the faculty member who posted the assistantship listing. We scheduled a face-to-face interview. The faculty member described her research and asked a few questions about my research experience and the way I work. I received an offer, over the phone, while I was driving home from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research experience.   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

One interview very informal, knew people who already worked her which made it easy to get my foot in the door, Also there was a small pool of qualifies candidates

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL).

Interview

Informal meeting to ensure fit, skills, and expertise in subject matter. Very quick process. Interviewer very friendly and informative regarding position and program. Shown office and work space, very conversational approach. 1:1 interview with Chair, introduced to colleagues later.

Executive Director of International Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

They did the search twice. No one on search committee knew anything about the position. The Provost was extremely rude. It was a horrible experience. SIUE staff very rude and unprofessional. Did not have professional courtesy to inform candidates of the search process.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SIUE in May 2015.

Interview

Easy and straight to the point. Everyone that was to be interviewed was lined up outside and they called us in one after the other. I got a call after 2 days saying i got it.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SIUE.

Interview

I applied for the graduate assistant position in civil engineering and uploaded my resume, which I had teaching assistant experience, then after couple of weeks they said I am accepted

Interview Questions

• As far as English was not my first language so I had difficulties with the exact meaning of some words   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a two step process. There was first a group process interview where current upper level housing staff and current RAs would watch how you interact with other candidates while doing various different activities. If you were a potential hire then you would make the cut and do a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Is there a specific community you would like to work with? First year or Upper class.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Athletic Department Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

As long as you're a student that loves sports you will get an interview. The interview is really just them feeling you out. They're looking for a hard worker. Business students are always welcomed. They tell you they're expectations.