SIUE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

IT Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very brief group interview for two separate positions. One person interviewed me in regards to working the helpdesk. Another, for working as a student field tech. I was asked questions in regards to what technologies I was familiar with and how I help people with IT related problems.

Interview Questions

• How would you instruct someone, in a step by step manner, to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SIUE.

Interview

I applied for the graduate assistant position in civil engineering and uploaded my resume, which I had teaching assistant experience, then after couple of weeks they said I am accepted

Interview Questions

• As far as English was not my first language so I had difficulties with the exact meaning of some words   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SIUE.

Interview

One phone interview with the Dean's assistant and one in person interview with both the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and his administrative assistant. Both interviews were fairly straightforward and easy. They really just wanted to make sure you would work hard and be there on time.

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

There was no interview. Decision were made based on qualification on the resume, including GMAT score, GPA, background and work experience. Experince in teaching and doing research can help.

Interview Questions

• As there was no interview, there was no unexpected question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward questions asked

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick and painless, asked very practical questions, took about 1 day, Faculty know what they're looking for, be prepared to answer tough questions, looking for good work ethic and dedication

Interview Questions

• What was my plan for balancing school-work and a GA?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SIUE in May 2015.

Interview

Easy and straight to the point. Everyone that was to be interviewed was lined up outside and they called us in one after the other. I got a call after 2 days saying i got it.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I received an email from the faculty member who posted the assistantship listing. We scheduled a face-to-face interview. The faculty member described her research and asked a few questions about my research experience and the way I work. I received an offer, over the phone, while I was driving home from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research experience.   1 Answer

Interview

I had one interview that was short but it was with one person. I also talked to the research professor and other people that worked for the university. It was an easy job but it took too long to get the offer. These people had little work and really did nothing.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SIUE (Edwardsville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

One interview very informal, knew people who already worked her which made it easy to get my foot in the door, Also there was a small pool of qualifies candidates