SKF USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SKF USA Interview Questions

2.9

Applications Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SKF USA (Bethlehem, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job through Our university career website where I got the interview on campus. The interviewer is the director of the engineer trainee. We talked about the job responsibilities and my experience. No typical behavior questions. Overall a relaxed and happy interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you know our company? What do you think about our company? Why do you choose your university?   Answer Question

Reliability Tech Interview

Interview

are you willing to work swing shift and show up to work on time and willing to learn new skills in vibration, ir, and etc. Interview was at a hotel near the job site and we did the interview in the lobby

Interview Questions

• are you willing to work swing shift and show up to work on time and willing to learn new skills in vibration, ir, and etc   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SKF USA.

Interview

Interviewed twice and never heard back. First time I tried to follow up, and they gave me the runaround. Second time I knew their MO.

I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't make candidates fill out a multiple page application prior to the interview. Seems rude that they'd waste peoples time like that when their HR people aren't going to waste their own time precious getting back who didn't make the cut.

The interview itself was not bad. I felt they respected me as a candidate and weren't just playing stump the candidate.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flowery Branch, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SKF USA (Flowery Branch, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Got interview thru recruiting company. It was held in aasmall conference room. First interview was with the hr manager and another engineer. The second was with the plant manager, engineering manager, and another process engineer who showed me around the plant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self.
      Tell me about about previous work experience?
      How proficient are you with cad software such as autocad and pro-e?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SKF USA.

Interview

Asked the usual questions during interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SKF USA (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Slight confusion during interview scheduling process, but company worked hard to set everything up correctly.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, interviewer was more concerned with finding the person's strengths and weakness. Was a straightforward interview with no unnecessary questions.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Interview

Saw sign now hiring sign out front of company. Stopped and filled out application and took math test. A week later called back for interview, was there for 3 1/2 hours. Interviewed by three members of senior management. Called a week later with job offer pending physical and drug screen. A day or two later I was hired.

Interview Questions

• "How do you feel about going into a machine with moving parts"?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I TOOK WHAT was offered.

Vibration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SKF USA (Stevens Point, WI) in December 2011.

Interview

After my resume was submitted I was notified via email that I was in consideration for the position. Once selected two phone interviews were conducted before a face to face interview was scheduled. The face to face interview was conducted with the Manager of the area and the senior employee at the facility that the position was at. After the face to face interview I received a phone call notifying me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• A pump has a .5 in/sec peak at 18 orders with a raised noise floor and peaks that appear evenly spaced above and below the peak of interest. What is the likely problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate vacation time and benefits at the start of employment.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SKF USA (Elgin, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Two Quick Interviews, Personality Test in St. Louis

Vibration Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SKF USA in June 2010.

Interview

Company takes a long to time to go through the hiring process. I applied in February and got the interview in June. The decision time frame also took longer than expected.

Interview Questions

• What effect does vibration amplitude have in determining the state of a bearing?   Answer Question