SM Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SM Retail Interview Questions

3.1

Financial Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SM Retail (Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)) in May 2016.

Interview

First of all, I knew of the financial reporting vacancy through LinkedIn. I applied online and attached my resume. The day after, HR representative contacted me thru text for the initial interview. The recruitment site is at building F (one of the small buidings in front of MOA along Diokno Ave). They require you to bring at least one valid ID and show the text message sent by the HR to the security personnel as proof of your appointment. First step of the interview process is to fill up the application sheet. Right after you submit the document, the HR will immediately conduct an initial interview to check if you're fit for the position applied for. After that, there's an online exam and assessment that you need to answer. Once done, HR will contact you for another round of interviews. As a general rule, if the company is interested in you, they most probably let you know immediately. HR personnels are very proactive and accommodating for any follow ups. I basically had three additional rounds of interviews with the hiring manager, AVP, and VP after the initial interview with the HR. The most critical and the ones that you need to ace are the interviews with the hiring manager and AVP. Interview with the VP is only for formality. You will probably be contacted 2 to 3 weeks after for the job offer. Interview questions would mainly criticize your previous experiences and how eager you are to learn (just show your enthusiasm and willingness to learn, AVP really like someone with these qualities; I think they wanted to invest on someone that would probably be assigned to the mall branches as accounting managers).

Interview Questions

• Q: how do you manage your time. (interviewer will provide a situation that puts your time management to the test)
      Q: Describe yourself that's not found in your resume.
      Q: Why do you want to work in SM?   Answer Question

Negotiation

SM doesn't give attractive offers compared to BPOs. Through the years, SM has been keen to improve the benefits that they give to their employees. But SM is an excellent training ground as it is the largest mall operators in the country and it means that there are lots of wide array of opportunities that come with it.

Counter Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SM Retail (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in October 2015.

Interview

I think the interview is one of the most important when you are applying in the companym ll. The purpose of interview is to know your image, your family background and the other personal in your life. They would ask you for more questions and you would answer it thoughtfully.

Counter Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SM Retail in April 2013.

Interview

It took 1 week process. First, HR will contact you for interview. You have to attend initial interview and take exam,if you pass hr will told you to come back after lunch for final interview.
    If pass, hr will contact you for requirements and when will it submit. Then orientation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SM Retail (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in September 2012.

Interview

1. Department head interviewed me then the division head (VP)
    2. HR interviewed me after for formalities then I submitted all requirements and underwent medical then I was hired. Took around 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, I did not negotiate because they gave me a higher salary than what I had asked for.

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cebu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SM Retail (Cebu City (Philippines)) in May 2012.

Interview

i have already my different interviews,,including the SM Management,,I consider my self as a Go person which i can explore the different side of me...about the interview process they are giving the intense on how to work in a appropriate business which you can give your all talent and skills.

Interview Questions

• what can you give to improve more better and to be a stand leader in this company?   1 Answer

SALES CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SM Retail (Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)) in April 2012.

Interview

Application at the main office. Waited for two weeks to be interviewed. After completing all the requirements, gone directly to orientation process that lasts at about three hours that lasted for three days. waited again another three for the store assignment. at the store for interview again. true to life questions and deep interogation about previous job, living status and personal whatevers! Then next day, its working day.

Interview Questions

• Dont have any difficult times remembered. I learned so I dont have worry about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try to be positive everytime there is an offer. Dont try to say negative about your location, regardless of its far from work or near, dont say no.

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SM Retail (Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)) in August 2011.

Interview

1-2 months of processing before hring

Negotiation

during the job offer, the company discussed to me the organizational structure, company benefits and the overall salary package

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SM Retail (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process is one on one way of interviewing. First with the HR assistant, filling up of Application forms and the last step is with the HR Manager. If accepted and passed the interview, giving of requirements. Submission,orientation and training.

Crs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SM Retail (Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)) in June 2009.

Interview

Hiring process you will need luck to pass the EVP. They will call you after their BI, and ask for an interview with HR and afterwards will be a panel and lastly with the EVP

Interview Questions

• All his question are unexpected, but there are times he just looks at the candidates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

OK