SOAProjects Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SOAProjects (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1:1 interviews (about 20 mins each) with HR, CEO, Partner. Group interview of 40 minutes with 2 Partners. In hindsight, I am not surprised by how fast the process was; I suspect the leadership team did not want me to interview too many employees for fear unsatisfactory reviews would be revealed.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have that qualify you for this role?   1 Answer

Computer Forensics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SOAProjects (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took around 3-4 weeks. Although the entire course of the process was lengthy, they moved quickly between each interview.

My first interview was supposed to be with the manager/leader of the forensics division, but I was notified that he was too busy, and was rescheduled to speak with two members of the team. They asked me basic personal questions and probed my technical capabilities.

The next interview was with a different team member, and was technical.

The third interview briefly introduced me to the manager of the team, and then I was given a take-home, three-question quiz with technical scenarios. They wanted me to complete it within 24 hours, but I finished it in one.

Finally, I spoke with a member from HR, who told me I was the top candidate for the position, and that I would be contacted later with details and an offer.

After they had made me an offer, I noticed that it was very low compared to the standard entry level salary for the position, so I attempted to negotiate. They were willing to raise it only slightly, but it was still not enough to help me with the cost of living in the local area. After weeks of very slow back-and-forth communications, they told me that they were going to compare my "skill" to other candidates. Hours later, they told me they had withdrawn my offer and were going to pursue a different candidate.

In all honesty, it felt like they had chosen a different candidate who was willing to accept their lowball.

Interview Questions

• (In very broad terms)

How would you handle retrieving data from a hard drive that was encrypted?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SOAProjects (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Process consists of about 5 interviews: 1. HR, 2. Top executives/Head of Line of Business, 3. Senior Managers, 4. Managers, 5. Consultants

HR/Executives normally make sure you have enough years of experience and it is relevant, also they asking you about your salary expectations.
    Then Subject Matter Experts start asking you very detailed questions as you are about to do it.
    My area is IT audit so I was asked about very specific question about IT general controls with detailed break down by steps and drill down into each step with the explanation of each step.
    So my recommendation: Recall you previous relevant experience and rethink it by making it clear and structured.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding job responsibilities are very detailed, so recall and review what you did in the past regarding the position you are applying to bring more clarity, structure and readiness.

Be prepared for logical puzzles such as about coins and psychological puzzles with decision making.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted as is

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SOAProjects (Mountain View, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First round is a phone interview. Second round Office visit interview. All behavioral questions. They asked me to walk through my resume. They just want to talk to you to see your attitude. Act positive!

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SOAProjects (Mountain View, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Very precise and to the point on the job. I was impressed with the energy and excitement with the people working in the office. When I walked in, you felt energy

Interview Questions

• Q. Experience and what was the most difficult challenging project I worked on   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very competitive against

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SOAProjects (Mountain View, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I thought the Firm was professional, not pushy and consistent. Life/work balance was the major selling point.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SOAProjects (Mountain View, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is faster then any other company,they don't keep you waiting for 2-3 weeks, after the first round if in person meeting I was called for final interview & was given with positive feedback within 2 days.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SOAProjects in March 2010.

Interview

In Person Interview, quick response, reference checks were contacted within 2 days of interview and offer was made in 4 days, they move fast in making offers. I was impressed as I was interviewed by 5 different individuals and there was no repeat questions, it felt like they had rehearsed their role in interview before they came, very very impressive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SOAProjects (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

There were 7 to 8 long conversations with two service line heads. I was given an offer on email post which there was one more one hour technical round of interview and negotiation on position and pay.

Interview Questions

• Several rounds of interviews and questions around skills/ commitment/ achievements/ technical/ business acumen. Several inappropriate questions around information on my current organization   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very long conversations. But if you know what you want, its good. I was happy with the offer I had got