SOC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.6

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SOC (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

The recruiter and hiring manager were pretty nice. I went through the usual phone interview and in person interview. I was told I was a very strong candidate for the leadership role they had open. They ended up wasting my time due to the fact that they did not have a solid idea in the first place of what level of employee they wanted to hire. In the end I was told I was not qualified for the position.

EDD HAndler - Iraq Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SOC.

Interview

Pretty simple. Filled out online application. New some guys that were in the hiring process already. Their recruiter contacted me. Faxed a few documents to him. Took about 6 weeks. I was scheduled for my medical drug screening. Then contract was signed. Attended a required course by DOS in Virginia for a week then spent a few weeks in Jordan training before deployment to Iraq.

Interview Questions

• Can you fill out a clearance packet online?   1 Answer
    • There was no interview questions. Just if you could pass the requirements you had the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation

Vice President International Programs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SOC (Melbourne, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

It was overall fine, but I would say that in fact it was focused on previous experiences and internships and any other related experience. The best way to prepare is definitely to be ready for the classical walk me through your resume questions. Why did you live your previous position. The interviewer was calm and friendly. You are given hints if you get stuck. I made minor mistakes in mental maths in almost every question yet got through to round 2, which suggests that they are more interested in whether or not you know how to solve problems

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions
      walk me through your resume   1 Answer
    • walk me through your resume
      Why did you live your previous position   1 Answer

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SOC (Chantilly, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had to chase down a recruiter to do a follow up from submitting an online application. Once I talked to a recruiter, I discussed how I thought I would be a good fit for the company and she agreed so she scheduled an in-person interview. At that interview it was very easy as we had a lot of background things in common. Two weeks later I received the contingent job offer.

Complex Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SOC (Chantilly, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

None, just training then a long wait to go overseas. They don't tell you right away that although you may finish training, there may not be any immediate openings. I graduated from the course in February and did not get place,eat till August.

Interview Questions

• None, just called and asked if I was ready to got to training out of the blue one day.   2 Answers

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SOC (Ashburn, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

High degree of military expertise required, and strong interpersonal skills for client interaction needed. Extreme emphasis on physical fitness, personal interview, combat arms background, and ability to work well in a high threat (dangerous) environment. You will not be considered unless you have a history of special operations or combat experience with a referral from currently employed contractor with company.

Interview Questions

• How much threat mitigation experience do you have?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minden, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SOC (Minden, NV) in June 2010.

Interview

Basic overview of qualifying military credentials. Security clearance check. PT test and weapons qual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Assistant Facility Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SOC (Chantilly, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Referred and 1 interview

Negotiation

Given an offer, asked for vacation got an extra $5K

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SOC (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job ans was called a couple of days later. After a phone interview, I was flown to DC for an in person interview. I stayed a couple of days to interview with another group of senior leadership and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate a salary package, including a signing bonus and relocation.

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SOC (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

All conducted via email and Skype as i am a UK citizen, very professional. All documentation was exchanged via email, contracts, qualifications etc etc.
    The set up for interview was very professional on there behalf, was impressed with the speed of communications, exchange of contracts, LOA and flight tickets