SSOE Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSOE Group (Birmingham, AL) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. There were two interviews - the first over the phone with a hiring manager and the next in person at the firm. They asked very detailed questions (as they should) but it went well. They are very serious about hiring the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge at your previous job and how did you overcome it or face it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SSOE Group in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process was quick and smooth. All details done complete and fast

Interview Questions

• Really none, stayed on task of basic interview practice.   Answer Question

Senior PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SSOE Group (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of a one hour meeting with HR and Sr. PM. Asked about how they made clear commitments and kept them and got a poor answer. I asked about training and assimilation and got no answer - left with a sense it's a sink or swim environment. Two big read flags.I should have heeded. I was offered a Senior PM position which was re-negged on the next week.

Interview Questions

• Questions were supefiicial and didn't drill down at all. I got a sense they just wanted to bring on a competent body. I should have been more assertive with my questions   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SSOE Group (Troy, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, phone interview with direct group leadership, in-person interview. Very laid back. Looking for personality fit. Conversational approach. Some prepared questions, allowed ample time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSOE Group in December 2017.

Interview

The process was conducted as a phone interview. Allow for time in between sentences to make sure the interviewer is done talking. Will ask about former work experience, and give you a lot of detail about the job itself. Know your resume, and never talk about money until you have actually been offered the position.

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSOE Group.

Interview

Applied online on the career page, was called in 2 days for onsite interview with department manager. Talked about the industries and the nature of their projects and the industries that they work on

Electrical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SSOE Group (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting company and had a phone screening, then a phone interview, and finally an in-person interview. The interview was very formal.

The in-person interview was kind of a strange experience, I was in a conference room with 4 people--3 managers and an HR employee. I found that it was hard to connect with 3 people at once. Everyone was nice, I just don't like interviewing with more than 2 people.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SSOE Group (Troy, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard, initial phone interview, then follow up meeting which included introductions to other staff and a walk through of the office, along with a demonstration of the type of work that would be performed, and follow up calls back and forth, and a decision.

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSOE Group (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I applied online and heard back via email in about two weeks. They arranged for a telephone interview. The interview was via phone and with HR personnel. The questions were generally expected and what people can look up on any "Top Ten Interview Questions of All Time" site. They also asked if I was willing to work for a temporary staffing agency for 6-9 months without benefits while they tried me out as a full time employee.

Interview Questions

• Before even passing me along to a second round interview, they discussed salary requirements.   1 Answer

BIM/Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSOE Group (Chandler, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

I was hired the first interview I had with SSOE from leaving a contract job at Intel

Interview Questions

• Could I take on other duties tasks that do not fit with my experience and title   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate....never take first offer