STAAR Surgical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at STAAR Surgical

Quality Interview

Interview

Well, to begin, I was called in for an in-person interview at STAAR for the role of Quality Intern after like a brief conversation with the HR over the phone.
    I travelled really far to interview with them and to my surprise, I was barely asked anything at the interview. My interview lasted no more than 5 mins, wherein I was not asked a single question related to my background or experience. They asked how soon I could start and everything but not a single job-related question. After 5 mins they said they would get back with me.
    Later that day, after sending a thank you email, I receive an email saying they selected someone 2 weeks back so will not move forward with me.
    It was a sheer waste of money and time for me. They should have informed me way back if they already selected instead of wasting candidate's time.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was how soon I could start?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STAAR Surgical (Monrovia, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview with 6 people 30 minutes each, all in leadership roles across different departments so you get a good feel for the company as a whole. Standard questions were asked but they actually seemed interested in the answers provided. It was more a test of how you interact with others than your credentials (intangibles vs tangibles).

Interview Questions

• - What drives you?
      - What is your outlook on your career?
      - Why STAAR?
      - What do you do for fun?
      - What were your tasks at your prior jobs?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at STAAR Surgical (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

two telephone interviews -one with a recruiter and one with a direct-report. surprised that no one higher up was interested enough to interview me, but after starting work understood why. the company has far greater concerns.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, tell me more about yourself. Tell me about the last place you worked and why you left that place.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation was with an agency that claimed since staar is a small company I should not expect it to pay competitive rates.