STAAR Surgical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at STAAR Surgical

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STAAR Surgical (Monrovia, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview with 6 people 30 minutes each, all in leadership roles across different departments so you get a good feel for the company as a whole. Standard questions were asked but they actually seemed interested in the answers provided. It was more a test of how you interact with others than your credentials (intangibles vs tangibles).

Interview Questions

• - What drives you?
      - What is your outlook on your career?
      - Why STAAR?
      - What do you do for fun?
      - What were your tasks at your prior jobs?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at STAAR Surgical (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

two telephone interviews -one with a recruiter and one with a direct-report. surprised that no one higher up was interested enough to interview me, but after starting work understood why. the company has far greater concerns.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, tell me more about yourself. Tell me about the last place you worked and why you left that place.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation was with an agency that claimed since staar is a small company I should not expect it to pay competitive rates.