STAR Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

STAR Education Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at STAR Education (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. Asked about past experience with kids, asked about education experience, what subjects you could teach. They don't require you to be experts in the subjects since you're teaching at an elementary level. It was a group interview, which was strange. So it was me and another person and we took turns answering the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Asked about past experience with kids, asked about education experience, what subjects you could teach. They don't require you to be experts in the subjects since you're teaching at an elementary level.   Answer Question

G4 Literacy Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at STAR Education (Culver City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met at a job fair through the university that I was attending, heard back within a week to hear they were interested and wanted to interview me. Met at the branch office to interview with the same recruiter I had met at the job fair for what had to be the easiest interview of my life. The waiting time between interview and getting started was several months long however. Training was pretty extensive but you are working with kids so its understandable.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest issue dealing with children?   1 Answer

Sub Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STAR Education (Culver City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

simpleinterview . i applied online but instead of looking for my app they had me fill out a new one. i interviewed with multiple people in the room, not a problem i'm not a shy person. the interview lasted longer than expected(1hr30min) i was late for work.

i like to get dressed up but every person in the building wore leggings and a polo. again thats cool i just wasnt expecting such a laid back atmosphere.

i saw more college students and possibly high school students than working professionals so it was hard to tell who ran the place. overall it looked like a great place to work. going off their faces every person had a smile and was genuinely excited about something.

Interview Questions

• what type of college classes did you take that pertain to star education program?
      what classes are you comfortable teaching?
      are you available 2pm-6pm? monday - friday   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at STAR Education (Rocklin, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview started with a phone call from Human Resources and the site director. I then met with the direcors (two) at their location. It was an easy interview and they seemed interested in getting to know me and my personality just as much as my work history. I had to bring my transcripts because college credits are required for position.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe that you will have a hard time adjusting to the role as teacher?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

easy. you go in and apply. sometimes you can request an interview right after. all you need to do is be genuine and bubbly. Nina is the person you typically would need to talk to to get hired and she is very nice but don't take her kindness for weakness.

Sub Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STAR Education (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Called first then scheduled an in person interview. Took about 10min once I was actually with my interviewer. Sat in the office for a while. Filled out some paperwork. A lot of people per office, very disorganized feeling. Nothing too complicated.

NONE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STAR Education (Culver City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They are hire you on a whim as well as fire you on a whim, huge turnover rate for a reason. Find other opportunities find other opportunities find other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STAR Education (Culver City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview lasted about 15 minutes. It was held in a big, noisy warehouse. The staff is nice enough. You get the impression that they are desperate and will hire just about anyone. The meters on the street don't take debit/credit cards, so bring quarters to the interview. If you don't have quarters, the front desk will make you pay for some. If you don't have cash, you will have to move your car, which will take approximately 15 minutes total (and you will be late for your interview view, but no one will care). The job is basically for after school child care with some educational components, so be aware of that.

Interview Questions

• They ask you a lot of hypothetical questions (what would you do when a children is being disruptive? what would you do if a child is shouting out answers? apparently many of the children who attend the programs are obnoxious and not well-behaved...)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at STAR Education (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume from an online post. The interview was conducted at their warehouse office. It was essentially typical except for the questions asked. The interviewer asked several tricky situational questions about what I would do if a student did this or that. They also conducted a background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if a student were acting out in front of the class?   1 Answer

Math/Literacy Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STAR Education (Culver City, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Cool warehouse space. Nice enough people, but the interview felt very rushed--new questions were asked almost before I finished answering the last. Sample questions: "Was there ever a time you had a good idea and your boss turned it down? What did you do?" "Describe your best and worst bosses." "Where do you see this department in 10 years?"

Interview Questions

• Describe your best and worst bosses.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a really great idea that your boss turned down? What did you do?   Answer Question

STAR Education Response

Jan 15, 2013 – Director of Educations

Thank you for your feedback on the interview. As Director of Education, I helped lead interviews for this position. We try to make every interview feel personal, while at the same time balancing... More