SUNY Oswego Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SUNY Oswego Interview Questions

2.8

Cashier Interview

Interview

Very Easy, you pretty much got the job on the spot. if you made it to the interview process you pretty much just sit there and go over the employee manual and finding out what the job is all about.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SUNY Oswego.

Interview

All very organized and hospitable. Many meetings pre-arranged (search committee, dean, provost, research office, entire department). Had to provide presentation to staff and teach a class.

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate a small additional amount of money and a better computer.

Desk Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Oswego.

Interview

I had known the Hall Director for a while already, so she already knew my character. She asked the typical questions about customer service, but certainly wasn't out to trick me. It was a very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any of the specific questions, because it took place several years ago. I think she asked me something about how I would respond if a friend tried to get me to break the rules.   Answer Question

Transfer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Oswego (Oswego, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

A previous mentor interviewed me, as well as a group of others, followed by a group presentation. The presentations were an indicator of creativity, as well as projects we ended up working on throughout our time of employment.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SUNY Oswego (Oswego, NY) in December 2007.

Interview

There was a panel interview with 6 or 7 people from the department and ancillary departments. I suggest you pay attention and memorize their names as they are introduced. They each had designated questions to ask, and asked them even if I had already answered them in my response to another person's similar question. I felt foolish because I was required to keep repeating myself. It wasn't a real conversation wherein the participants listen to each other; it was simply going around the circle and asking the predesignated questions regardless of what had already been covered. I suggest you bone up on your tautology. One question I remember is "How do you deal with stress?" There was also a skills test; I have no idea how well they thought I performed because there were no guidelines.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had ever used the university's proprietary database.   1 Answer
    • How do you prioritize?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at SUNY Oswego in November 2010.

Interview

civil service its a process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing