Saab Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.3

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saab Group (East Syracuse, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

You are not contacted via email at my location. The manager will call you at random for an impromptu screening. If you are deemed acceptable, then they ask you to interview onsite during the following week. The onsite interview consists of three rounds of questions from current project leaders, and includes lunch. Each round lasts between thirty minutes to an hour and does not include very technical questions. All questions seem to stem from your resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a vector, array, queue and list.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saab Group (East Syracuse, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Day started with a presentation to a group of managers, followed by a 30-60 minute interview with each manager. All were very engaged in the interview process. The work culture was very entrepreneurial. The office facilities were top notch. Every person at Sensis was proud to be there. It took several weeks for the company to make a decision and call back to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• Decribe a technical issue you encountered and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saab Group.

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter, had an initial face to face interview. Then a second face to face interview the following week. Questions were generally about my CV, background and experience.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saab Group.

Interview

Interview with boss and HR boss.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gothenburg (Sweden)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saab Group (Gothenburg (Sweden)) in March 2012.

Interview

Two interviews. One with my future boss, and one with a HR person. The interview with HR was pretty much going through a standard personality test I had made online in advance. She only brought up pleasant results, like that I was energetic and caring. So nothing to be afraid about really. My future (or nowadays present boss) mostly talked about stuff like how it was working for Saab back in the days of the cold war. He was very impressed with my knowledge within subjects like submarine incidents and old fighter jet models. Practice your cold war history, chances are you boss doesn't know what C++ is anyways.

Interview Questions

• None really. The HR women asked my about my weak sides.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much of negotiation. They pretty much had standard salaries for fresh engineers, I got the highest salary on that scale. Even though my boss agreed I was worth more, there wasn't much he could do about it. Or at least that is what he sad.

Group Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saab Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2010.

Interview

CV guidandace at first and questions about what I knew about the company. At later stages in 1:1 interviews there were small case questions of general IQ and market sizeing type. The people were friendly and the interview were more discussion than interview. To be well prepared one should practice mental math, the rest is impovisation.

Interview Questions

• What make Saab stand out against our competitior and what is our unic selling point?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saab Group (Adelaide (Australia)) in August 2009.

Interview

I knew someone who worked there, I gave them a call, they gave me the number of the HR recruitment lady, I called her and she asked me to send in my resume.
    She responded a few days later for me to go in and have an interview.
    I have one interview and they mad me an offer, we negotiated a bit, and then I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes - they didn't budge much from their initial offer.
    They struggled to match my previous company' salary