Sacred Heart University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sacred Heart University Interview Questions

2.0

Business Affairs Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sacred Heart University.

Interview

I met with the full office team and had a basic conversation about computer skills, attention to detail, etc. Nothing too challenging, and overall a very positive experience. All the team members were very open and upfront about the job requirements and expectations. The whole process took only a few hours, and then received an offer later that week.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sacred Heart University.

Interview

Two interviews. Both in person but with different staff members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Salary is set.

Interview

Was very quick and to the point.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sacred Heart University (Fairfield, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

Friendly, thoughtful interview conducted by supervisor. Genuinely seemed interested in my background and ideas. I was given an opportunity to discuss how I would like to construct my class and what I would bring to the learning environment.

Interview Questions

• How did my education contribute to my educational philosophy and curriculum design?   1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sacred Heart University (Fairfield, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick interview with department head. Interview also included the ability to explain past lecture powerpoints and answer questions on material. The follow-up was immediate regarding how I did during the interview and the job was offered then.

Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sacred Heart University.

Interview

Quick and good

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sacred Heart University (Fairfield, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

I had applied for full-time position at SHU as per a job posting in www.indeed.com. I directly contacted the head of the department (with my CV) and asked him if I could teach as full time. However, he said that I was not a perfect match for the full-time position but he could consider me for an adjunct for the time being till a matching position comes up. He called me for a 1:1 interview, asked me about my researcgh, experiences in teaching and research and finally offered me the position after a week.

Assistant Professor, Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sacred Heart University in March 2013.

Interview

Vitae submitted to a search committee, followed by interviews with the committee, dean of business school, and provost. Need to do a research presentation and have to teach in a classroom setting in front of a search committee member if there is no established record of teaching ability through student evaluations

Interview Questions

• How your research area overlaps with Catholic intellect   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sacred Heart University (Fairfield, CT) in May 2009.

Interview

Applied through the university's website. Got a phone call to schedule an interview early in the morning. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and he gave me a short SQL test: left/right joins, pivot tables and select records from one table that do not exist in the other.

If you had a good interview with the hiring manager, you get to be interview by the IT director which basically goes over your resume with no technical questions. After this interview, if they believe you're a potential candidate you will be interview by the VP of Information Technology.

Interview Questions

• How to select all records from one tables that don't exist in another?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Takes about 1-2 months before they get back to you. If you're require to meet with HR chances are that you will get a job offer that same day.