Safe Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Safe Software (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted by a recruiter over the phone. After the initial phone screen, I had an interview with HR + the technical director. The interview consisted of mostly questions about the experience followed by a some simple technical questions. Later, I was invited to the office for a half-day technical interview. They provided me with a description of a project and I had to implement a simple application. I was allowed to use any online resources needed and most of the interview was spent in a room working on the application. Afterwards, they tested my application and asked me technical questions about general software development. The interview experience was possibly the best one I've ever had. Every single person was so nice, and extremely approachable. In fact, the interviewers took me out for lunch after the half-day interview! I ended up taking a different offer, but I would definitely recommend this company to my friends.

Interview Questions

Safe Software Response

Jun 21, 2017 – HR team member

Wow! We really appreciate your kind words. It is fantastic to hear that you had such a positive experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to consider an opportunity with our team and we wish ... More

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safe Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview began by explaining more about the company, their culture, and what they do. I was then asked to talk about one of my personal projects in a fair amount of detail, and was asked a few questions about it. We finished with several questions on OOP and design patterns, with some emphasis on how these may be implemented in C++ since that's the position I was interviewing for.

Overall a great experience. My interviewer was very friendly and helped make the experience feel more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some potential problems of using the Singleton design pattern in a Multi-threaded environment? (Particularly when accessing the Singleton)   Answer Question

Feb 2, 2017 – HR team member

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback - we really appreciate it. We are so glad to hear that your interview experience was a positive one, and even more pleased to hear that you accepted ... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safe Software (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Wonderful people.

One of the head of engineering, who was obviously intelligent, and their HR who is so friendly interviewed me.

I actually thought I got destroyed in the interview because I missed out on some really simple questions, but I was able to answer the medium-hard questions. It's all about how you answer the questions rather than giving the "correct" answer.

I got interviewed on a Monday and got an official offer letter the next Monday.

Their offer was above-average than other co-ops/interns, but unfortunately it was a very tough decision for me to decline the offer. So, instead I am making this good review because I really like them :)

Interview Questions

• Windows and Linux Questions, know the basics and practical stuff!   Answer Question

Aug 4, 2016 – HR team member

Wow - what a nice review. Thank you very much. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience during the interview process, though disappointed that you opted not to join us. Hopefully we ... More

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Safe Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interviewer talked about the company and was very informative. After that I was asked about a project from my resume and had to talk about it briefly. The interviewer then asked a few more OOP questions and left time at the end for questions. Overall took about 30 min.

Interview Questions

Safe Software Response

Aug 4, 2016 – HR team member

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - it is really appreciated. We wish you all the best with your next co-op placement.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safe Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Started off with the interviewer giving me a structure of the interview. He started with an introduction to the company culture and the kind of work they do. Then we moved on to personal projects. Mostly talking in detail about 1 big project that I've done in the past. Finally, he asked high-level OOP questions and some C++ related questions because that was the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a virtual and pure virtual function in C++?   Answer Question

Oct 3, 2016 – HR team member

It's great to hear that you had a positive interview experience - we are glad that you decided to join our team. Our intern program is really important to us and we hope this will be a great learning ... More

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Safe Software (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview started with a description of the company's history and culture. We then talked about my projects and previous experiences. Next came the technical portion of the interview, which focused mainly on object-oriented programming concepts.

I didn't do too well on some simple questions, but the interviewer talked it through with me. He was friendly and kept the discussion conversational, which I'm thankful for because it was my first technical interview ever.

Interview Questions

Safe Software Response

Jun 5, 2017 – HR team member

It's great to hear that you had a positive experience - particularly given that it was your first technical interview. Doing something for the first time can be pretty nerve-wracking. Thanks for ... More

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safe Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewer started by introducing the company and providing reasons to work for them. I was then asked to talk about a personal project. Afterwards, they asked various OOP questions. The interview ended with time for questions. Overall, it took about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Software Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Safe Software.

Interview

Interview was 15-20 mins long. Interviewer spend the first 5 mins talking about teh company, what the work culture is like. Then he asked me to talk in detail about any technical project I had done, and how I overcame any challenges. Then he asked about a bunch of very easy and fundamental questions about OOP and software design(anything you can google basically).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safe Software (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The entire interview was 20 minutes long. He first began by describing the company and what they have to offer. It then transitioned into me describing a software project that was self-directed or was given at school. Lastly, he gave a couple of technical questions on the basics of Object Oriented Programming.

Interview Questions

• What are the main characteristics of object oriented programming?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between deep and shallow copying?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Safe Software (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Process began initially with HR Director that lasted about 30 minutes and was very friendly and enjoyable. This was then followed by an in person meeting with Director and Team Lead that was very casual and included a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• How I've handled difficult teammates in the past.   Answer Question