SafeNet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

3.1

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SafeNet (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Probably the worst interview process I've ever gone through at any company. Took a total of over a month's time. Four different interviews, each time asking similar questions. The fourth (and I would sincerely hope to be final) interview was a full day interview with various people. Apparently these people do not talk to each other because they all had different opinions on the role and asked very similar questions. A lot of questions were taken straight off of Google (actually, one interview question was an actual Google Inc interview question!). What's the point of this unless you know why you should be asking those questions? The whole process was very "judgement" based and not based on data, skills, attitude or things that you'd think a candidate would be assessed on. I thankfully did not get an offer, but based on the interview process, I had made up my mind and decided I'd stay far away.

Also, for a security company, they did not ask me one single security question. For someone with a security background, this might be a red flag.

Interview Questions

• Solve this problem for me (that I myself have no idea of how to solve, or background or knowledge in this area). Then I'll judge your answer for you and not ask probing questions about why or how to came up with it.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SafeNet.

Interview

Hiring process and interview process was thorough. 3rd party background check. Interview questions were basic. 1st phone interview: human resources. 2nd phone interview: inside sales.manager. 3rd interview face-to-face: senior inside sales manager, inside sales manager, senior vice president of development

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SafeNet (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very opportunistic ; not too professional.

Interviewer chose not to show up and do interview by phone instead. Noisy and felt like recruiter was unprepared . Also, inter view lasted less than 45 minutes and was very strict .

Overall experience was weird since I prepared to this interview for a few days

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer - strengthen you better skills or improve your weak ones...   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SafeNet.

Interview

This was the strangest and most confusing interview I've ever had. After submitting my resume online through my university's career website, I was contacted by HR. The recruiter then told me I would be directly interviewed by the team manager whose team I may potentially join.
    When the team manager called me I was prepared for an onslaught of technical questions, but to my surprise he only asked me two questions. "What do you know about SafeNet?" and "Why do you want this internship?" At the end of the phone call the manager explained that he called only to talk to me and tell me more about the responsibilities of this internship position and that someone else from HR would contact me soon for a real interview.
    I was really confused why HR told me I was going to be interviewed when the team manager didn't even know he was supposed to be interviewing me. I felt like there was a huge communication gap between the two departments. I never got a call or email back from HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SafeNet?
      Why do you want this internship?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SafeNet (Belcamp, MD).

Interview

Applied online, returned call, attended interview, 3 persons: HR, Direct Report, Global IT Manager.
    Don't ask HR many questions about the company or the products, they do not know and did not care. Focus on IT support resolution ability/answers with the Direct Report/Supervisor - he's making the decision. Calling the day before to confirm the interview time was received oddly coldly - like you were stupid for doing so. HR was not prepared for the interview, there was no designated place to do it. Direct Report was asking the IT support questions and making the decision, focus on that. He didn't care about the firm or the products, just your ability to solve problems: VPN, connectivity, Outlook mail, Active Directory, etc.

Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belcamp, MD

Application

I interviewed at SafeNet (Belcamp, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Started with a interview via telephone with the hiring manager. Next I was asked to come on site to conduct formal interviews with four members of upper management

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SafeNet (Belcamp, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

Standard interview questions.

Offer too low

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SafeNet in November 2010.

Interview

Coding on the whiteboard.

IT SaaS Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SafeNet (Irvine, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Multiple interviews, in person and on the phone. Process last about 3 to 4 months. The CIO said he was were very interested in going to the next round and was 100% sure they would call me in for the final 5th round of interviews. Several weeks later after hearing nothing I reached out to the recruiter and she apologized and said to send me a filled out application with 3 references and that they were going to get that process started and call the references and do the back ground checks etc..2 weeks later, nothing, no background check or no refrence calling. I called again and an hour later they called me and said they had decided to go a different direction and that I was no longer a candidate!! Horrible exerience and they led me to believe I was a strong candidate all the way to the end. I lined up my reference for them to call at the end of the process and they said they would and they never did and cut me off. Wow, very disrepectful management. Be careful with this company and watch out for being led along.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SafeNet (Noida (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

i applied online and got call for f2f, it was a call for noida, india location, there was 2 face to face, one manager, then HR.
    the interviewer was very helpful and gentle, he gives proper time to thing and give the answer.

Interview Questions

• 1- tel me about yourself.
      2- Declare and define 2d array.
      3- create an array or object of a class which is having a parametric constructor.
      4- Virtual function concept.
      5- threading concept.
      6- socket programming concept.
      7- pointer related concepts, must   1 Answer