Safran Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Safran

2.7

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safran (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

My initial interview was via a recruiter and then another in-person interview with a manager related to the project. The 1-1 interview was quick and to the point, given the fact that the recruiter had taken care of most of the screening. I was also required take a test and went through extensive background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about all relevant experience in the past.   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safran (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter November 2017. The recruiter was vey professional and filled me in on what Microturbo was looking for.

The day of the on-site interview I was scheduled to meet with the lead developer. I got to the main lobby and dialed the number the recruiter gave me to get in touch with the interviewer. I must have called about 3 times and no answer. So I decided to wait in the lobby. 30 minutes go by and I call again. Still no answer. After another 30 minutes of trying to get someone’s attention I decided to leave.

The recruiter called to ask how the interview had gone and I explained what happened. He apologized profusely and scheduled another interview.

The day of the second interview, I actually got to meet with the engineering team and the CEO. The whole process felt very rushed and the CEO was a bit arrogant.

Despite of that, I got an offer and was told I would start early January 2018.

A week before I was suppose to start I get an email from the recruiter, saying that the project I had been hired for was being delayed and that they were in the process of figuring out a new start date.

That never happened. It is now March 2018 and I still have yet to hear anything back from the recruiter or Microturbo.

This is the most unprofessional experience I have ever encountered. The missed interview should have been a red flag. I would avoid interviewing here at all costs.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safran (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview, took about 2 weeks. They asked the same question in phone and in person, seemed like they really didnt have any questions prepared for me. He said whether I got it or not, I would get a call and I never received a call, so honestly I'm not sure where I stand.

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safran (Denton, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Flew to Denton, TX and interviewed. Had a panel of three that sat around a table and asked questions of me. Wasn't very intimidating, but they tried to introduce some pressure.

Interview Questions

• What if the customer wants a discount for services provided.   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safran (Grand Prairie, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Not a great candidate experience at all. Once I completed the phone screen, the next business day I received an email from HR for an office interview. Before the interview even started, the hiring manager did not seem in a great mood. Instead of an interview, it felt more like an interrogation. The manager even brought her two cell-phones in the interview room, and when one rang, she stopped the interview to see who called. I followed up with HR to verify status of interview and I never received a response.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safran (Bellingham, WA) in February 2019.

Interview

Emailed within a week of applying to be invited to interview, was supplied with pay range, general duties, and typical hours along with interview windows to choose from.
    First interview was wonderful, met with the HR Manager and HR Business Partner. They kept it simple and asked a few questions and answered my few questions.
    Second interview was broken up with an HR person & a supervisor, then another HR person & a manager, then HR with Safety that included a tour.
    Overall: The folks I met with were professional but there was an unease I felt when I reflected on the second interview... it was that the situational questions were geared toward serious personnel issues. Lead me to believe this may be a strained work environment. I felt relieved when I learned they chose another candidate as it wouldn’t have made a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Manager asks, I walk past a lead yelling and cussing at a colleague, then come to you for advice—what do you do?   1 Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safran (Grand Prairie, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Spoke with two former coworkers in order to arrange my brief time with the Operations Manager there over the repair station work, when I talked to him about both operations (repair of avionics) and the current logistics department head and the processes regarding (repair unit) logistics information, it was more a conversion of processes than complete change of operations as was the reason for my departure due to licensing of the receiving personnel in Airframe and Powerplant to complete the incoming units for repair order completions. My inital interview consisted of the same, phone preview, one-one interview with then current Director, as well a final one on oe with three Directors and the panel they made up together. The three personalities then were very genuine, cordial, and concerned.. my skill sets offered a good match.

Interview Questions

• How well do take direction from women.. have had similar questions prior but not that one, the director my supervisor and shipping prsonnel were all women.   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safran (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

Felt welcomed. Interview was more of a relaxed conversation than a hard question/answer session. DO NOT use any maps directions. It will take you through a road that does not exist. Look at a map.Entrance is on the other side of the building when you get to the gate.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know what you state you know.   1 Answer

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Safran (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from a staffing agency that Safran hired to fill the role. The recruiter was very professional, met with me in person to discuss the position and go over, basically, what the company was going to ask me.

The in person interview took about an hour. I was told it would be a panel of 5. After waiting in the lobby (they have no front desk, just a phone with a book of extensions to call the person you need to see) for 20 minutes, someone finally noticed me and asked who I needed to see. It took another 10 for someone to actually come let me in the building, and about 15 more for them to actually find the people who needed to be in the interview.

Only 3 people showed up in total, one of whom was even later than the rest. They interviewed pretty much off the cuff, asking general questions that took far too much explaining and complication to ask.

In the end, I wasn't offered the job - my recruiter told me they felt I didn't know enough about their specific instrumentation, despite the fact that they assured me that it was an entry level position and I didn't need to have used all of it before.

All in all, it was incredibly unprofessional, and incredibly rude. I would not want to work for such a disorganized company.

Accounting Interview

Interview

Met with department head and human resources. Pretty typical interview. They were professional and pleasant. Felt like I had a good chance. They said they would get back with me in a week but they did not.