Safran Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2018

2.7

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safran (Twinsburg, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute phone interview with the Engineering Manager and a member of Human Resources. They asked basic questions about my resume and who I was; nothing too tricky. They seemed to just want to get an idea of who I was . At the end of the phone interview they asked for an on site interview. On site interview was pretty informal. I talked with one of the Project managers, and met everyone on the team including current Co-ops. It felt like they already decided to hire me before the second interview started. They were very accommodating to the timeline I was on.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a challenging problem in your previous job.   1 Answer

Non-Destructive Tester Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safran (Rochester, NH).

Interview

Filled out online application and was invited in for an interview a week later. Met with HR and the NDT manager. Talked for about 40 minutes then took a quick tour. They informed me a few days later I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safran.

Interview

Got an email from their Ohio office to join for their spring and summer internship starting from January until August. It is about cleaning their codes that are in Matlab and python and also handling their data using nural net regression.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Safran (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was through a campus career fair. There were two interview rounds. The first round was more about me as a candidate and what skills I would bring to the company and also about why Safran. The second round was more from my resume and about my projects as well as behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions - situations were given and they asked how I would manage during those times.   1 Answer

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safran (Grand Prairie, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Not a great candidate experience at all. Once I completed the phone screen, the next business day I received an email from HR for an office interview. Before the interview even started, the hiring manager did not seem in a great mood. Instead of an interview, it felt more like an interrogation. The manager even brought her two cell-phones in the interview room, and when one rang, she stopped the interview to see who called. I followed up with HR to verify status of interview and I never received a response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safran.

Interview

Applied online and ended up getting a phone interview screen. They followed a week or so later with a Skype interview. The questions were mostly behavioral, a couple of technical questions but they were very easy. Got a phone call another week later that I would need to do a background check, and got the offer by phone after that was completed. My start date was only a few weeks after the interview process.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Safran (Rochester, NH) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked via email. Next by phone, Then I was personally went to Company location and interviewed with the Quality Manager that was leaving and the new one coming in to replace him.

Interview Questions

• What was the one thing my present Boss asked me that I could improve on.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Safran (College Station, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Safran came to Texas A&M University to recruit Industrial Engineers for summer interns.
    It was an industrial career fair. I talked with them and got a call for the interview on the next day.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions based on past experience and projects.   Answer Question

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Safran (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from a staffing agency that Safran hired to fill the role. The recruiter was very professional, met with me in person to discuss the position and go over, basically, what the company was going to ask me.

The in person interview took about an hour. I was told it would be a panel of 5. After waiting in the lobby (they have no front desk, just a phone with a book of extensions to call the person you need to see) for 20 minutes, someone finally noticed me and asked who I needed to see. It took another 10 for someone to actually come let me in the building, and about 15 more for them to actually find the people who needed to be in the interview.

Only 3 people showed up in total, one of whom was even later than the rest. They interviewed pretty much off the cuff, asking general questions that took far too much explaining and complication to ask.

In the end, I wasn't offered the job - my recruiter told me they felt I didn't know enough about their specific instrumentation, despite the fact that they assured me that it was an entry level position and I didn't need to have used all of it before.

All in all, it was incredibly unprofessional, and incredibly rude. I would not want to work for such a disorganized company.

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safran (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy. Interviewed with one to two other people at a time. First I was contacted by HR and the HR rep asked me some questions. Then in a few days a phone screen was set up with the hiring manager and HR. After the phone interview that day I was contacted for an in-person interview and came in a few days later for an in-person interview with 5 people total. The in-person interview took 4 hours long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision with little or no information.
      Can you tell me about a time where you resolved a conflict between two groups or people?   Answer Question