Saint Joseph's University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Part Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I had one interview with department head and was hired on the spot. I only had to return to HR to fill out paperwork.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told when the position would start and the starting salary.

Visiting Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

Changes by department. Some departments have very rigorous 3-day interviews including a dinner, full campus tour, teaching showcases, and so forth. Other departments have a one-day interview process and abbreviated meetings.
    There is a final set of interviews with the Assistance Dean, the Dean and a couple of other professors in your department.

Interview Questions

• Would you want to be chairman of the department?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't any negotiation. You get an offer letter a month later with the stated salary. I did ask if there was any additional wiggle room and was told no. The pension benefits and savings match are however, generous. The health insurance is also excellent.

You can also double your savings rate if you participate in the employee plan.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Long and tedious. It takes months for HR to actually go through everything and make an offer. I went in for three interviews, the last one just to meet the CTO, which was a bit annoying, but a great meeting. I applied online in March, started in July.

Interview Questions

• "Why should we hire you?" - an open-ended question you can always expect here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the salary was to my liking.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint Joseph's University.

Interview

Come in and meet with your direct contact person, who you initially had contact with, then you will have a meeting with the assistant provost. Afterwards, you will meet half of the admissions counselor a you will potentially be working. In advance, you will be asked to prepare a presentation in advance for your interview. It could have been any topic!

Interview Questions

• How would you project the Jesuit missions to our prospective students   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly lengthy for an admin position because I first spoke on the phone with the chair of the department, then came in for an interview and then came in for a committee interview. I was asked about my organization skills and what I was excited about bringing to SJU. It helped to be knowledgeable about their mission and understand the jesuit ideals.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about the position and company?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

You have to be the top students in class. Then you get a better chance to be selected to go for the interview. You will be asked some basic knowledge and you will need to demonstrate it like you are a teacher.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a good Formal meeting between me and my boss. I was asked about my work experience and my working on as a part of a team. A brief about my education and prior work expericenes

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

phone interview; skype interview; campus visit; quick decision

Interview Questions

• None, all questions came out of my own cover letter and CV   1 Answer

Negotiation

very agreeable. one time negotiation after initial offer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

there were four rounds of interviews, and everyone was very friendly. each round was different, the beginning rounds were group interviews and the last few rounds were individual, where it would get to be more personal questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a certain scenario were to happen?   Answer Question

Part-Time Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saint Joseph's University in March 2016.

Interview

lesson planning, assessment, scenario issues, like "he has gone to new york" what is wrong with this sentence
    we talked about how the lesson is usually constructed here. we talked about the students' groups and diversity. it was a fun talk.

Interview Questions

• how would you correct this sentence's grammar mistakes?   Answer Question