Saint Leo University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

1.9

Director of Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Leo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saint Leo University (Saint Leo, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Skype then onsite, BUT the CIO is not one to be trusted. Gave me a verbal, did the background check that was clean, then two weeks later he "reconsidered"...

Interview Questions

• How to you feel about titles?   1 Answer
    • I know you applied for a Director position, but how about a programmer. I have one Colleague guy that is retiring very soon. How about taking his place?   1 Answer
    • I want you as my Director of Applications, when can you start?   1 Answer
    • The CIO emailed stating he reconsidered after two weeks.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saint Leo University.

Interview

Very comfortable and friendly; learned more than I thought I would; enjoyable process, regardless of getting job or not; very informative process. Best interview I have ever had in my past interviews

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saint Leo University (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

4 interviews, one on the phone with HR coordinator, then one in person with your executive director and associate director, then one in person or on the phone depending if he is town with the Vice President, then the last interview on the phone with the president of enrollment. If you make it past the 1st (2) interviews you should be fine!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and how it relates to the position?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Interview

The interview process took some time from application to final offer. If selected you are called for phone interview and then if selected from there you are called for campus panel interview, and then an offer is extended if you are final candidate.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saint Leo University (Saint Augustine, FL).

Interview

First there was face to face interview and then they called and offered me the job. It was very easy and I think they cared more about personality and recruiting skills over experience or education.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary not competitive

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

This was the second interview for a positions that provided student services. Was given two topics and requested to create and plan a presentation. I had to present it to two people and then there was a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any kind of animal, what kind would you be and why....   1 Answer

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saint Leo University.

Interview

There are a number of phone interviews and a face to face that includes meeting with various members of management and a panel of future co-workers. None of the people you meet with are honest and forthcoming about the position. Your role is to be a telemarketer, but no one tells you that. It is a deceptive process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are offered a position and take it, do not accept the first two salary offers. Know that your job is no better than telemarketing.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saint Leo University (Tampa, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

it was a rigorous process with 3 interviews. If you make it past the 2nd interview you basically have the job. Most important to just be yourself. Ask questions. Learn the core values of the university as this will be helpful and will likely impress them.

Assistant/Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Leo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Saint Leo University (Saint Leo, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

All very good until I got offered the job. Then, they changed their offer to a visiting position. They made me sign two different contracts for the same job. Don't believe anything they tell you during the interview. Wait until you see your contract to make decisions.

Interview Questions

• The interview was easy, maybe too easy. I think they knew they wanted me there even before they met me. I regret having wasted a year of my career in that snakes pit   Answer Question

Negotiation

Horrible. They waited to give me the contract to sign until the semester started. Then, they changed the tenure-track contract to a visiting position. I had no choice but accept, since it was too late to accept any other job. They have very dishonest, manipulative people in management.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Saint Leo University (Tampa, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Basic interview. General questions. Nothing challenging.
    1: Can you tell me something about yourself?
    2: Why did you apply for this job?
    3: Why did you leave your last job? / Why are you planning to leave your present job?

Interview Questions

• Past job performance related to expected tasks.
      1: Can you tell me something about yourself?
      2: Why did you apply for this job?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed as original offer was acceptable.