Sakti3 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sakti3 Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.5

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sakti3.

Interview

Stuck in a room with about 5 other people. We were given a written test to make sure we weren't brain dead. CEO came in the room for a few minutes, asked us some questions, dropped a few F-bombs to sound "hip" and then left. We were pulled out one by one to meet with a few team members.

I wasn't allowed to see the area I would be working in. Everything seemed very "secretive" and none of my questions were being answered. I wasn't told how many employees worked there, who they are selling batteries to (apparently nobody after doing research), what the typical work hours were, etc.

I decided that it wouldn't be for me.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in a high stress, micromanaged environment?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sakti3 (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, Received a direct phone call from a recruiter. Asked to communicate through email. Took some back and forth over email to set up a time for a phone interview. Had a phone screen with three engineers (recruiter wasn't present on the call). After the phone screen, I did not hear from them. I sent an email to the recruiter asking for status of my candidacy and I didn't hear back.

Battery Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sakti3 (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a member of HR two weeks later. He helped me set up a phone interview with a group of managers in Ann Arbor. It quickly became very clear to me that this company is run by former researchers in academia. Having just recently graduated from a doctorate program, I've had experience working with this type.

It was very difficult to communicate with them as they were all on speakerphone and mumbling. They asked me about my career goals and after answering, they all seemed really confused about what to ask next. There were many long pauses and awkward silences as they tried to get each other to ask me a question. At the end I thanked them for taking the time to call me and re-expressed my interest in the position. Even the goodbye was awkward as they all started speaking over one another and then just hung up.

In the end, I had high hopes for this company after seeing they were acquired by Dyson. However, in my opinion, this interview showed me they have issues with getting the right people in management who may not understand how to bring a product to market. They seem to still have a researchers mindset which is very long-term. This might explain why they haven't rolled out a commercial product since their inception in 2007. Again, this is my opinion based off of my research into their company and talking to the managers.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sakti3 (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

There are four rounds of interviews and two tests including one ethics exam, one interview with R&D engineers, one interview with lab technician, one interview with chief scientist, one statistics exam and one interview with HR staff. Their CEO did show up at the beginning to say hello, but nothing else.

Interview Questions

Sakti3 Response

Jun 18, 2015 – Human Resources

Sakti3 welcomes feedback – positive or negative. We try to create interviews at Sakti3 that help us understand how a candidate could fit into a particular role. Though we would like to have the ... More