Salary.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salary.com

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salary.com (Canton, MA).

Interview

It's clear there have been many changes at salary.com for the better. New HR, new marketing leaders, and great energy (there were tons of interns when I interviewed). Even though I ultimately didn't get the position I appreciated the process and communication. I noticed below folks weren't getting called back, however I received great feedback. I hope there's a role for me there in the future!

Interview Questions

• Describe each of the products at your previous company. As we're releasing x feature describe the process in which you'd help launch. Name a good product marketed poorly and what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salary.com (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I was asked a variety of intelligent questions about my past experience. I also listened to explanations about how the company was in turn-around, why it was still a startup, and how much they were concerned about finidng the right "fit" in a candidate.

I was informed that they wanted to hire people they felt comfortable with... someone they could go out after work and have a beer with. While that's a really nice thought, I'm not sure that social "clones" are the fabric of what makes a company great. It might not even fair to individuals who are good at what they do, but might be somewhat reserved (30% of the population). Diversity, different points of view, opposites of yourself would probably be better -- as they better represent the customer population.

I was still very excited about the people I met (all smart) and the challenge of the position. However, after three months, I've yet to receive any communication -- thumbs up or down -- about my candidacy (even after sending "thank yous" and an email requesting closure).

None the less, I wish all of them good luck, because they do offer a valuable product (even if they forgot about the Golden Rule).

Interview Questions

• Q. How do you see your skill set aligning with the challenges of the position   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salary.com (Waltham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 folks. All were very kind and I had a good interview with all of them. Work environment seemed good and the people there were very helpful.
    It has been like more than a month yet no response from them so I don't know what the result is.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salary.com (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. Multiple people in line asking the same questions and bragging about how well the company is doing. Although going into the process I was excited, leaving the interview without a single communication is certainly a disappointment. Yea, I get it that people are busy and so am I working full-time, but the courtesy of a call is expected. I would do the same.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salary.com in May 2013.

Interview

Good interview. Met lots of great people, and ultimately was in receipt of an offer. Had a couple of great years at the organization. Would recommend others consider interviewing and working here.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Salary.com (Needham, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

The process is pretty simplistic. You apply for a job and someone contacts you to do a phone interview. Then they schedule an onsite interview or two. Then they forget to call you back and don't answer calls or emails, eventhough they were apparently interested in you, which I'm assuming is true because I got an offer. Then the offer has incorrect information in it in addition to a few typos. Overall a very unprofessional process which is funny considering they claim to be thought leaders in hr.

The culture is weird. They seem to have a lot of smart motivated people but it was odd to hear conflicting views of responsibilities and how the company operates.

Interview Questions

• What are the problems with truly expanding the product line globally, and how would you address those problems?   Answer Question
    • What was your GPA? Seriously, I haven't been asked that in more than 10 years   Answer Question

I didn't trust what they were telling me. There were too many story conflicts from person to person. A few former employees warned me that there are big problems with senior management's inability to execute anything and worse they apparently don't admit to their own responsibility for the company's poor performance. Seemed like a bad idea to jump on a sinking ship. Not to mention how ridiculous the recruiting experience was.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salary.com (Needham, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

HR personnel seemed out-of-the-loop with hiring manager. Interviews were scheduled for staff that were not available.
    Interviews with staff were weird -- didn't ask any questions, simply explained the position and the challenges of working in their environment.
    Prospective salary range was nearly $20K below the range for similar positions published by THEM.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salary.com (Needham, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was a while ago so it is hard to remember details. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, then I came in for a series of interviews, I met with two managers, I talked with the recruiter again, I met with a couple of the folks doing my job. I came back twice because of scheduling issues.