Salem Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.5

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Irving, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Email,phone interview, email job sample to complete, phone review of project, office interview with 2 people and then finally interview with senior management and HR manager. The last interview was the best with which Sr management put you at easy while asking some difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Skill levels, how would I deal with different attitudes and how I would respond, most difficult manager and work place and the best and what I liked about the job. Why you left and why you would be an access to this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Went over last to salaries and what I expected and what would be the least and got back to me with in 2 days with a very reasonable offer and contract.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greentree, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Greentree, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The GSM first reached out to me to speak briefly on the phone, which concluded in securing a 1 on 1 interview. We met the following week to discuss the position, how I believed my skill set and personality fit the position, and what it takes to be successful with the company. A second interview was scheduled at their office the following week, where I met with both the GSM and the General Manager. This interview required me to answer a few more personality assessment questions as well as a determination of skillset. Due to the holidays, we were postponed for a couple of weeks. Upon return to their office for a third and final interview, a senior account executive spoke with me briefly and allowed me to ask questions about the position. I then spoke with the GM and GSM briefly, and was offered the job at the conclusion of the meeting.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start today and no one was available to help you get started, what would your first day look like?   Answer Question

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Director

Welcome aboard!

Part-time Board Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Rosslyn, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The atmosphere was very laid back for the interview. It was more of a conversation than an interview. The interaction with the interviewer - who is also now my boss - was positive enough that I felt comfortable taking the job.

Interview Questions

Salem Media Group Response

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for the feedback... sounds like the interview went well!

Strategic Digital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Had in depth interview with the Director of Sales and the Market Manager. It was an open and conversational interview that allowed all of us to work through the possibilities of what the job would consist of.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past experience and what part of my job I enjoyed most.   Answer Question

Integrated Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Glendale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

My experience consisted of three separate meetings. The first was an informal "get-to-know-you" with the General Sales Manager, where I learned more about the company and what the job would look like. The second was with the Regional Sales Manager, mostly for us to get aquatinted and talk about what type of person they were looking for. The third was a mock presentation which I gave to two of the General Sales Managers, using some sample client information I was given to prep beforehand. This whole process took about three weeks, and culminated in me being offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Other than the standard questions about my past experience, and why I wanted to leave my present employer, they asked me to recall one of my biggest challenges in dealing with a client, and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and I was promptly contacted via email to set up an appointment time for an interview. I set up an interview for the following day, which was a Friday. The interviewer was friendly, professional, and asked me questions about my prior work experience, and provided details about the company and the position itself. There was a background check conducted, which took approximately one week total.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about how I would handle difficult situations or personalities   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Camarillo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I thought the interviewer was very friendly and kind. The questions that were asked of me were very thought provoking and interesting. I enjoyed the interview process because the one doing the interview seemed genuinely interested in my answers and was engaging. The questions made me stop and reflect on myself.

Interview Questions

• What are your three top qualities?   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Cleveland, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very timely yet thorough. Those who conducted my interviews were extremely kind, courteous, and exemplified Salem's values. The questions I was asked throughout the process were geared more towards me as a person and my values and work ethic. This structure made me feel very comfortable, like a casual conversation. I felt like they wanted to get to know me rather than having to spend the interview time trying to prove my value and worth based off my resume or questions I was being thrown. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Salem Media Group Response

Sep 14, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review.

Events and Wellness Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Camarillo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The HR team was very positive and welcoming right from the start. The process began with a phone interview, followed by a series of in-person interviews. The final interview was interacting with the team in a mock meeting to see how we would be working together, which went very well. It was a great way for both parties to make sure it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you stay organized and on task.   1 Answer

Sep 16, 2016 – Human Resources

Welcome to Salem Media Group. We are very happy to hear that your interview process was positive and interactive. Welcome to the family and thank you for your review!

Web Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Richmond, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume, and I was brought in for an interview just a few days later. They worked with my crazy schedule to bring me in when it was convenient for me me. I sat and talked with the executive who was doing the hiring, and the conversation was in general lite, to the point, and relaxed. After that they did a great job of keeping me posted on my next steps in the process and where they were in their process.

Interview Questions

• What would the people who know you best say is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work at Salem?   Answer Question

Sep 28, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our interview process. We are happy to hear that the process went quickly and that you were kept posted on the steps in the process. We are even more ... More