Salem Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salem Media Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Salem Media Group

2.6

Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salem Media Group.

Interview

Met with the General Manager, who was passionate about finding someone with energy and interest for the position and field. I was immediately introduced to other team members and had follow up interviews with others in the office. I felt wanted and excited to join the team.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make last year? How much do you need to make to pay bills? How much do you want to make?   Answer Question

Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was great. Had a great time meeting and talking to the management team. The focus of the questions were in regards to the ability to fulfill the daily duties required by the position.

Interview Questions

• As this is an outside sales position, how comfortable are you with making cold calls?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Richmond, VA) in October 2019.

Interview

I was emailed and scheduled a phone interview, afterwards, I was emailed to schedule a Skype interview (only if outside Richmond), and then I was offered to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my editing style and what I wanted in this next position in contrast to my previous position.   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salem Media Group.

Interview

I had a phone interview. Four MONTHS later I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I also had to complete an editing test and a camera test. I was told to come in with interview questions about any top to interview the manager. It would have been fine, but a 4 month gap in between a phone screen and an in person interview was ridiculous.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Maitland, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview was very fluid and open. The conversation was well balanced on both sides. They had good questions for me and were open about any questions I had for them.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Xulon Press.   1 Answer

Jul 1, 2019 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Glassdoor. We appreciate your input! We're happy that you were pleased with the interview process.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Sacramento, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

For me it was quick but detailed. I was in town from college for one day so we were all working pretty last minuet but management still was able to make good time for me and it went very well.

Interview Questions

• How do I interact with other people / new people   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Salem Media Group.

Interview

The interview process was like every other interview. Nothing out of the norm. There weren’t any difficult questions. I was mainly told about the position I applied for. Then answered a few questions about my work history.

Interview Questions

Salem Media Group Response

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Richmond, VA) in April 2019.

Interview

After a telephone interview, I was called for a face-to-face interview. I was greeted by a friendly face and was made to feel at ease. The questions were well thought out to get an understanding of what I was looking for and what would be expected of me. The interview lasted longer than I thought it would, but was efficient.

Interview Questions

• If there were a time that I needed a situation addressed by a supervisor and could not proceed without a response, what would I do to fill the time while I waited for an answer.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2019.

Interview

Thorough and absorbing. No stone was left unturned and I felt it was comprehensive for both myself and for those that interviewed me. Since the role required a dotted line set of responsibilities it was important for Salem to know that I could help change behavior and culture without having direct reports.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies me for the job   1 Answer

Board Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Orlando, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and easy, interviewed within a week of applying. Went in for paperwork. Began training the following week. Such an easy process. Very down to earth and welcoming interview session. Lots of education on the company given.

Interview Questions

Salem Media Group Response