Salem Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Air Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Little Rock, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the GM and the OM. They brought me into their offices and I was able to meet with them face to face. They were very polite and professional. We had good conversations. I appreciated their laid back approach.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was very easy. Everyone involved was very professional. Negotiations can be difficult but these guys really made it easy.

Jan 29, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review of our interview process at Salem Media Group. We are very pleased to know you had a positive experience and that you felt the GM and OM were polite and professional... More

Air Talent Interview

Interview

The process was quick and painless. Not your typical corporate long drawn out process. They were direct and to the point. One phone interview then two weeks until one in person interview then waited one week for a call for the offer, then I asked for 24 hours to accept. They were up front and let me know there was one other person they needed to interview.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Camarillo, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed three times for a position with this company, consisting of one phone interview by HR, an in-person interview by HR, and an in-person interview by the hiring managers. I did not do a thorough research of the company prior to my interviews, but my lack of research was not a problem as the interviewers graciously provided thorough descriptions of the company. They asked questions that gauged my understanding of the requirements of the position, by allowing me ample opportunity to describe my skills and qualifications. Because I was simultaneously interviewing for other companies, I was focused on a personality-corporate culture match. I thought that the questions were all appropriate and logical and that the interviewers were very pleasant and professional. The interview process made me excited about the company, and as a result I withdrew my applications for other companies as soon as I got offered a position by this company.

Interview Questions

Salem Media Group Response

Dec 31, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you very much for your review of our interview process. We are please to know that had a positive experience and even more thrilled that you had accepted the offer of employment! Glad to have... More

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salem Media Group.

Interview

Was emailed, set up an interview, met with a cool director guy that used to work with Disney. Had no idea this was a Jesus company -- freaked me out. Also -- pro - Trump, couldn't do it. After the interview I was given an assignment to hand over several social campaign strategies for free and MAYBE get called back for an interview...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salem Media Group.

Interview

I learned of the position through existing relationship with the VP of Operations. He expressed that there was an opportunity in Sales/Sales leadership, growth in the company and arranged for an interview with the appropriate Leadership. I had two interviews and was offered the position of Account Executive.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions, mostly questions that produced an understanding of my current sales skill and enabled leadership to assess my aptitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really, I had clearly articulated where my income minimums were, what my income aspirations were and the company extended an offer that fell within those ranges.

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Irving, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Email,phone interview, email job sample to complete, phone review of project, office interview with 2 people and then finally interview with senior management and HR manager. The last interview was the best with which Sr management put you at easy while asking some difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Skill levels, how would I deal with different attitudes and how I would respond, most difficult manager and work place and the best and what I liked about the job. Why you left and why you would be an access to this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Went over last to salaries and what I expected and what would be the least and got back to me with in 2 days with a very reasonable offer and contract.

National Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Louisville, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

The process was very thorough and professional. I was given a tour of the studio's and the GM kept in contact over the time I was considering accepting the position.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to help in the success of our sales department?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very concise and clear.

Oct 12, 2015 – social media coordinator

Thank you for your review of our interview process. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience.

Web Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Richmond, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume, and I was brought in for an interview just a few days later. They worked with my crazy schedule to bring me in when it was convenient for me me. I sat and talked with the executive who was doing the hiring, and the conversation was in general lite, to the point, and relaxed. After that they did a great job of keeping me posted on my next steps in the process and where they were in their process.

Interview Questions

• What would the people who know you best say is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work at Salem?   Answer Question

Sep 28, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our interview process. We are happy to hear that the process went quickly and that you were kept posted on the steps in the process. We are even more... More

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Richmond, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Initially went through an IT recruiter, who got me an interview with Salem. I had one interview which involved the Director of Development, and a few web developers. I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• I quit my previous job just after 5 months, and they asked me about that. I was honest and said that it wasn't a great fit, and that I was hoping to get more into web development. They appreciated the honesty and it didn't hinder my chances to get the position. I was very thankful for their openness and acceptance with my work history (which was short since I had recently graduated from college).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the salary they offered, so I did not try and negotiate any of the terms.

On-Air Personality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview was Brief, Friendly, Comprehensive, Unplifting.....We addressed my job history with the first actual interviewer who truly wanted the details of my job experiences.....Good and Bad. I realized O was being evaluated for the quality of decision making in either wanting to stay, or leave a given previous company.