Salem Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.5

On-Air Personality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview was Brief, Friendly, Comprehensive, Unplifting.....We addressed my job history with the first actual interviewer who truly wanted the details of my job experiences.....Good and Bad. I realized O was being evaluated for the quality of decision making in either wanting to stay, or leave a given previous company.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Initially, I was asked to have a phone interview. That was casual and flowed easily and lasted about 20-30 mins. At the end of the conversation, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I meet with the GSM and the GM of the station and that too went well and lasted 1-1.5 hrs. There was opportunity to not only answer questions but ask questions too so if felt like a genuine conversation. I never felt rushed or hurried or pressured. Over all, a very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about you.   1 Answer

Log Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Camarillo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two people in a relaxed setting. Discussed my job experience, education, and answered some brief personality questions. They were both very welcoming and made me feel at ease. The questions came in a steady pace and I never felt any pressure during any of the two interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet three people from any point in time of history, who would they be? What would you ask them   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Salem Media Group.

Interview

Honest and simple interview. If you're a good person and right for the job, you will probably get it. No tests or complicated questions. Long wait in between submitting my applications and getting the call for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable speaking with people?   1 Answer

Administrative/Subject Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Camarillo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process consistent of a phone screening assessing relative experience and monetary requirements following by a couple individual interviews and a and group interview. This was followed by a phone review on continuing interest in the opportunity and a request for references facilitated by means of a third-party survey format with former supervisors and other work colleagues. The process a well received and coordinated.

Interview Questions

• Describe my former work experiences and job descriptions as they apply to the opportunity I applied for.   Answer Question
    • Describe my free time interests.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salem Media Group.

Interview

Was emailed, set up an interview, met with a cool director guy that used to work with Disney. Had no idea this was a Jesus company -- freaked me out. Also -- pro - Trump, couldn't do it. After the interview I was given an assignment to hand over several social campaign strategies for free and MAYBE get called back for an interview...

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Before event the first interview, there was a pre-screen done by some questions on the job posting. This required attention to detail and only those who had read the posting in full knew to complete that task, and was selected for the next round. Next was a short 15-20 minute interview in which I gave a bit more information about me & previous work experience, and my work style in various scenarios.. Second interview was completed via Skype since I was out of State. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours, and was split between the Manager and VP of Ops. During these interviews, I went into greater detail about previous job experiences and Software abilities. Following the interview, a technical skills test was conducted via email.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over any other candidate?
      What management style do you prefer?
      How do you manage multiple projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Elk Grove Village, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call, two face-to-face meetings and a presentation. Skill set was an obvious focus, but making sure personality fit their work environment took precedence.

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Irving, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Email,phone interview, email job sample to complete, phone review of project, office interview with 2 people and then finally interview with senior management and HR manager. The last interview was the best with which Sr management put you at easy while asking some difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Skill levels, how would I deal with different attitudes and how I would respond, most difficult manager and work place and the best and what I liked about the job. Why you left and why you would be an access to this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Went over last to salaries and what I expected and what would be the least and got back to me with in 2 days with a very reasonable offer and contract.

Anonymous Employee in Greentree, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salem Media Group (Greentree, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The GSM first reached out to me to speak briefly on the phone, which concluded in securing a 1 on 1 interview. We met the following week to discuss the position, how I believed my skill set and personality fit the position, and what it takes to be successful with the company. A second interview was scheduled at their office the following week, where I met with both the GSM and the General Manager. This interview required me to answer a few more personality assessment questions as well as a determination of skillset. Due to the holidays, we were postponed for a couple of weeks. Upon return to their office for a third and final interview, a senior account executive spoke with me briefly and allowed me to ask questions about the position. I then spoke with the GM and GSM briefly, and was offered the job at the conclusion of the meeting.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start today and no one was available to help you get started, what would your first day look like?   Answer Question

Salem Media Group Response