Salisbury University Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salisbury University

Salisbury University

Application

I interviewed at Salisbury University

Interview

Get professor recommendations then quick 30 minute interview about different scenarios you could face if you got the job. Extremely kind and welcoming. Other applicant will be students as well so they cater to you. Competition depends on popularity of the class you're applying to.

Interview Questions
  • How would you encourage student attendance? What would you do if you had a difficult student?
    Answer Question

Salisbury University

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salisbury University in Jun 2019

Interview

I was contacted by the Search Committee Chair not long after submitting my application, and a Skype interview with the Search Committee was scheduled. The 45-minute interview was comprised of basic interview questions, and very little of it was job specific, which surprised me. Nevertheless, the interview went well, and I was told by the Search Committee Chair that there would be a second Skype interview the following week. The second interview never took place, the Search Committee Chair by and large stopped communicating with me (didn't return calls; didn't return emails; didn't get back to me when I finally got a hold of the person, even though I was told there would be some communication; the person was out of the office two of the days, but an email would have been nice since I was waiting for the second interview), and eventually was sent a thank you, no thank you email by the Human Resources Office. Salisbury University might be a more than reputable institution as a whole (I know, I graduated from there), but this was a complete dumpster fire of a job seeking / interviewing / communication experience.

Interview Questions
  • What's the busiest time / highest workload you experienced during your previous job?(paraphrased).
  • How do you prioritize tasks?

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

8m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,827

951 Comments

Join the conversation on

Salisbury University

Application

I interviewed at Salisbury University

Interview

Very casual and laid back, the real goal is to see what kind of person you are and why you want the job in the first place. Dress to impress, but not something to freak out about.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Salisbury University

Application

I interviewed at Salisbury University

Interview

faculties from various departments are on the search committee. Be prepared. You need to check faculty profiles even in other departments. everybody will take turns to ask you questions. A lot of questions to be asked. Senior faculties in the search committee talk the most. People are friendly. However, nobody replied to my emails after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • research experience (conference presentations); certificate; work experience

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salisbury University (Salisbury, MD) in Feb 2018

Interview

Very short interview. Supervisor asked whether I had experience working in a library environment and asked me to solve conflict scenarios. The staff was nice and got back to me within the week.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond to a patron yelling at a co-worker?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salisbury University (Salisbury, MD) in Feb 2017

Interview

The interview process can be extremely lengthy. There is usually at least two interviews plus skills tests and even meetings with committees of people. I have interviewed for several positions (one which I was offered) and interviews were with a minimum of two people, but often were with 5 or more people - in the first interview! Was a bit intimidating.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salisbury University (Salisbury, MD) in Sep 2016

Interview

Round table Q & A with five people from different people from various departments through out the university. Standard interview questions, two questions per person for a total of ten questions. Then they ask what your knowledge base is in reference to SU. Also make sure that you are familiar with transparency, diversity, and inclusion.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salisbury University (Salisbury, MD) in Jan 2016

Interview

Just prove your skills in lab classes and you can get a job. You need to approach you laboratory instructor and tell them that you are looking for an opportunity to work as a laboratory assistant. As long as you stay persistent, you can get the job!

Interview Questions
  • Have you taken laboratory safety?

Salisbury University

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Salisbury University

Interview

The business school hiring process was pretty typical of other universities. A 30 - 45 minute interview at the conference hotel focused more on teaching than research. A lot of time was spent trying to sell the university. After being invited on campus, there is a full day of interviews with department faculty and a 1 hour research seminar. Mine was sparsely attended and there were not a lot of questions asked. The seminar evaluation seems to be as much about your ability to talk in front of a room (evaluating teaching potential) as your research.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salisbury University (Salisbury, MD) in Apr 2014

Interview

The job interview is quick and simple. The department requested to meet through email. The interview was with a couple other staff members. No difficult questions were asked, they basically just want to get to know you as a person. It seems a bit intimidating because multiple people are in the same room, but they were all very friendly so it was easy to talk to them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews