Salisbury University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salisbury University

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salisbury University (Salisbury, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Just prove your skills in lab classes and you can get a job. You need to approach you laboratory instructor and tell them that you are looking for an opportunity to work as a laboratory assistant. As long as you stay persistent, you can get the job!

Interview Questions

• Have you taken laboratory safety?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salisbury University.

Interview

The business school hiring process was pretty typical of other universities. A 30 - 45 minute interview at the conference hotel focused more on teaching than research. A lot of time was spent trying to sell the university. After being invited on campus, there is a full day of interviews with department faculty and a 1 hour research seminar. Mine was sparsely attended and there were not a lot of questions asked. The seminar evaluation seems to be as much about your ability to talk in front of a room (evaluating teaching potential) as your research.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for moving expenses. There was a little upward movement on salary, but not much. There was no receptiveness to the idea of a course load reduction or movement on summer support, which is not competitive with other universities.

Distance Learning Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salisbury University (Salisbury, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

The job interview is quick and simple. The department requested to meet through email. The interview was with a couple other staff members. No difficult questions were asked, they basically just want to get to know you as a person. It seems a bit intimidating because multiple people are in the same room, but they were all very friendly so it was easy to talk to them.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salisbury University (Salisbury, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Very easy, not too many technical questions asked. Essentially, they want to make sure that you have a basic knowledge of computers, troubleshooting, and customer support. If you are able to show that you have these basic skills, you will likely be hired. Almost everyone who gets an interview is hired, as long as you don't make yourself seem unattractive.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salisbury University (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was at an academic conference. Teaching load and research expectations were explained clearly. Invited to on-campus interview. Had a research presentation and met with faculty from the hiring department, department chairperson and dean of the school.
    Very cordial and collegial process. Had a campus tour as well as quick tour of Salisbury.
    Dinner, breakfast and lunch with the committee member(s).

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?
      What are your plans for research?
      Explain your teaching philosophy   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salisbury University (Salisbury, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

They asked questions related to teaching and behavioral questions for certain scenarios a tutor may encounter. They also ask about your academic merit to make sure that you know the subject well enough to tutor other students

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a situation where a student is struggling in a class and seems to have given up?   Answer Question