Samba Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Samba Financial Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

2.7

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samba Financial (Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)).

Interview

Interview process was very quick. It took 10 min to inform me that I'm accepted for the job. Mainly they look for past record of performance and decide on spot.

Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dammam (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samba Financial (Dammam (Saudi Arabia)).

Interview

She didn't know she had a scheduled interview. Poor communication between the Regional Office and Branch. Interview was in Arabic and English. At one point, she asked a question in English, so as I started to answer in English. She cut me off, and demanded an answer in Arabic. Not prepared. Asks pointless questions.

Interview Questions

• For the define your major question, she wants more than a definition, a two page recitation would do it.   Answer Question

Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Samba Financial (Mumbai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was over phone in multiple rounds, most of the questions were related to functional knowledge. But posy interview VISA stempping took lot of time, as documents came in peicemeal.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of working area and how do you deal different situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not go for negotiation, but later came to know people negotiate for better pay.

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samba Financial (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in March 2012.

Interview

Job offered by regional manager, interviewed by a director at lahore office followed by a phone interview with the departments country head.

Targets too high

Transactor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samba Financial (Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)) in September 2011.

Interview

I was referred to this job by a friend who was leaving the firm to pursue his MBA. Initially the Head of Investment Banking contacted and had a detailed discussion. This was followed by phone interviews with other members of the team. Later I had a 1:1 interview with the Head of Investment Banking and was informed that I have been selected for the spot. However, they were not able to take the discussion forward since they were facing issues in securing work permits for people from Pakistan.

Interview Questions

• Why would leave your current job to move to Saudi Arabia?   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Samba Financial (Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)) in May 2010.

Interview

I received a call from a recruitment agency about an opening in Samba. I was interviewed by two people at the recruitment agency, and they told me they will forward my application to Samba. After 2 days, i received a call from the bank for a scheduled interview. 4 interviews were conducted with 4 different people and the outcome was positive. I was called after 3 days and was given the offer. joined the bank after 2 days. I would say the hiring process was exceptionally quick this time.

Interview Questions

• Who is the bank's chairman?   1 Answer
    • Are you planning to stay with the bank for the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When presented with an offer, usually it goes by the level you are being hired. For each level there is a minimum, middle, and upper threshold. You will always be given the minimum of that level. If the department who needs you really find you valuable, then you can ask for a better offer, which can be arranged within the given threshold.